Anyone else get their covid vaccines yet?

15 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

I don't get flu shots and I don't plan on getting the C-19 vaccine. Regarding anything else outside of that, tell your "friend" it's quite simply none of your business. 

This is such an alpha and manly take that simply by reading this i grew my beard additional 20 cm.

12 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

The OP's question was about the Covid vaccine. I answered that specific question and just mentioned the flu vaccine as part of the discussion with one individual. Where I stand on other vaccines isn't anyone's business.

It actually is, it is literally a matter of public safety, google herd immunity. Taking the vaccine might not even be for you but for others. That is the whole point. Your decision doesnt affect only you. The only way to kill off covid so that it isnt here for ever is to vaccinate. But i suppose thanks for letting all of us know where you stand on this.

Some people are just selfish. Or paranoid. Or both. I got my second vax a week ago, Moderna. It kicked my butt. I was in bed for a day with a fever, chills, severe headache, joint pain. Passed after a day. Others I know just breezed through with no affects or very little. Depends on your immune system. Even though I have had the vax I still wear a mask when I get into social situations. My wife has respiratory issues but is not quite there age wise to get the vax. I need to be careful because of her health. The arrogance and ignorance of some is just appalling. Primitive minds are hard to educate. 

4 minutes ago, jpk said:

Some people are just selfish. Or paranoid. Or both. I got my second vax a week ago, Moderna. It kicked my butt. I was in bed for a day with a fever, chills, severe headache, joint pain. Passed after a day. Others I know just breezed through with no affects or very little. Depends on your immune system. Even though I have had the vax I still wear a mask when I get into social situations. My wife has respiratory issues but is not quite there age wise to get the vax. I need to be careful because of her health. The arrogance and ignorance of some is just appalling. Primitive minds are hard to educate. 

You are a good man.👍

I won't be getting vaccine in a while, fairly young and no pre-existing conditions or anything. Just hope i get it before summer and EU agrees on some kind of vaccine passport.

26 minutes ago, Berkut said:

This is such an alpha and manly take that simply by reading this i grew my beard additional 20 cm.

It actually is, it is literally a matter of public safety, google herd immunity. Taking the vaccine might not even be for you but for others. That is the whole point. Your decision doesnt affect only you. The only way to kill off covid so that it isnt here for ever is to vaccinate. But i suppose thanks for letting all of us know where you stand on this.

16 minutes ago, jpk said:

Did you ever get a vaccine for H1N1? How about SARS/MERS or Anthrax?

Wow, I see the concept of individual freedom is an unknown thing to some.

Maybe they should educate themselves on that concept and respect other's opinions/actions, even if they don't agree with them. Calling them selfish, arrogant and ignorant isn't very tolerating and only goes to show how self-centered and primitive they are.

If someone doesn't want to get the vaccine that is their choice and will not affect you at all, besides, the vaccine is not 100% effective so who knows, you can get the vaccine and still get the virus.

It amazes me that people call a veteran who put his life on the line for 20+ years in the defense of his county selfish. There is nothing more unselfish than being willing to lay down your life for your country and yet, someone who has never meet him, who is thousands of miles away from him and probably has never worn the uniform of his country can call a veteran selfish, unbelievable.

If this post gets me banned then so be it but what I said had to be said and I have no regrets in saying it.

17 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

If someone doesn't want to get the vaccine that is their choice and will not affect you at all

I'm all for respecting individual freedoms, but this statement is Absolutely Incorrect.

This is not just my opinion, I work in the health care industry.

2 hours ago, Berkut said:

I wish there was a like button!

Because of my job I get dose 2 today.

I work in the health care industry is the same as saying I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

Unless you are an infectious Disease expert working for the gov't, your opinion carries no more weight than anyone else's.

12 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

I work in the health care industry is the same as saying I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

Unless you are an infectious Disease expert working for the gov't, your opinion carries no more weight than anyone else's.

Please.

The infectious disease experts have already made it clear to the nation and the world. And yet their expertise is being ignored by millions. 

On 2/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, Dave Roof said:

No, and have no intention on getting one. Don't get flu shots either.

I'm right there with ya brother. Since 5 of my 6 Anthrax vaccines were all "tainted" batches and I now have GWS, along with chemical exposure, I'm vaccine adverse these days.

Steve

2 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Did you ever get a vaccine for H1N1? How about SARS/MERS or Anthrax?

I have not. And none of those are;

a - Happening right now with over 100 million cases in little over a year or so.

b - Anywhere as contagious as COVID-19.

c - Has 2%+ fatality rate. (H1N1 has lower fatality rate, SARS is "older" version of COVID and MERS is very low frequency and Antrax is bacteria)

d - And if a/b/c was true, and there was a vaccine available i would take it ASAP ZULU ANULULU because it isn't about me but those that could die from it if i gave it to them.

Yet, if the points a/b/c were true for any of your irrelevant examples (as they are for COVID-19), you wouldn't take the vaccine. So what does that tell us about you then?

2 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Wow, I see the concept of individual freedom is an unknown thing to some.

Do you practice the concept of individual freedom when driving without seatbelt and in opposite driving lane because hell, it all simply boils down to individual freedom right? Why not?

It amazes me that people call a veteran who put his life on the line for 20+ years in the defense of his county selfish. There is nothing more unselfish than being willing to lay down your life for your country and yet, someone who has never meet him, who is thousands of miles away from him and probably has never worn the uniform of his country can call a veteran selfish, unbelievable.

I have worn military uniform and that in no way qualifies me in any sort of way to not take a vaccine or give me any special points. Ever. This applies as well for him regardless whether he served 2 years, 20 or 200 years. If anything - of one has served  the country that should instill a sense of personal duty for fellow country men and women, not instill some sort of self righteous individual freedom at the cost of their lives and health.

11 minutes ago, A-10 LOADER said:

I'm right there with ya brother. Since 5 of my 6 Anthrax vaccines were all "tainted" batches and I now have GWS, along with chemical exposure, I'm vaccine adverse these days.

Steve

I am with Dave & Steve, my brothers!  Two full books of International Certificates du Vaccines stamped on every page, don't even know what some of the older ones were anymore.  Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease vaccinators are in for a surprise when they tell you this will be required annually for full protection and you will have to start paying for it.  Nothing natural about this virus, sheeple can believe what they are told, I will take the vaccine when the government admits that is was weaponized manipulated bio-weapon engineered with US funding in a research laboratory designed by France funded by the EU.

John

2 minutes ago, Raptor01 said:

I am with Dave & Steve, my brothers!  Two full books of International Certificates du Vaccines stamped on every page, don't even know what some of the older ones were anymore.  Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease vaccinators are in for a surprise when they tell you this will be required annually for full protection and you will have to start paying for it.  Nothing natural about this virus, sheeple can believe what they are told, I will take the vaccine when the government admits that is was weaponized manipulated bio-weapon engineered with US funding in a research laboratory designed by France funded by the EU.

John

I am just gonna quote this because it is so so amazing it needs to be protected at all costs. Facebook and Parler are dangerous drugs kids. The last sentence literally made me laugh out loud, love it.

11 minutes ago, Berkut said:

I am just gonna quote this because it is so so amazing it needs to be protected at all costs. Facebook and Parler are dangerous drugs kids. The last sentence literally made me laugh out loud, love it.

Let me re-phrase that Covid was born from Unicorn Fecal Matter that somehow ended up on Bat Wings in a Wuhan Wet Market. 

1 hour ago, ARCAccount#1 said:

Please.

The infectious disease experts have already made it clear to the nation and the world. And yet their expertise is being ignored by millions. 

Maybe if those "experts" stop putting out contradictory information and stop being wrong all the time more people will listen to what they have to say.

1 hour ago, Berkut said:

Do you practice the concept of individual freedom when driving without seatbelt and in opposite driving lane because hell, it all simply boils down to individual freedom right? Why not?

I have worn military uniform and that in no way qualifies me in any sort of way to not take a vaccine or give me any special points. Ever. This applies as well for him regardless whether he served 2 years, 20 or 200 years. If anything - of one has served  the country that should instill a sense of personal duty for fellow country men and women, not instill some sort of self righteous individual freedom at the cost of their lives and health.

Not wearing a seat belt only hurts one person, the person who is actually not wearing the seat belt.

And again, I see the concept of individual freedom is something you simply don't understand. We are not the Borg, we do not belong to a collective.

Also, the survival rate for the virus is 98.7% and that's without a vaccine being readily available, doesn't sound so deadly to me.

1 hour ago, ARCAccount#1 said:

And the earth is flat, man never landed on the moon, santa clause is real, and 9/11 was an inside job.

Absolute mockery

You forgot Jeffery Epstein didn't kill himself.

23 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Not wearing a seat belt only hurts one person, the person who is actually not wearing the seat belt.

And again, I see the concept of individual freedom is something you simply don't understand. We are not the Borg, we do not belong to a collective.

Also, the survival rate for the virus is 98.7% and that's without a vaccine being readily available, doesn't sound so deadly to me.

How about driving in the wrong direction or driving while being on the phone? Does that only hurt one person? Or millions of other examples one could think of. No, you seem to be missing that wast majority of time we all are willing to have certain "individual freedoms" removed or be paused because that is how a society works. You do it as well, all the time, because most people are not psychopaths.

Does World War 1 sound deadly to you? Or World War 2? Or Vietnam War? Because USA is now approaching the number of COVID deaths equal to all of those three combined in terms of American military casualties. It isn't about percentages, it is about half a million of people dead in USA alone. Not to mention it isnt just about survival but about long lasting effects as well on top of that. If you had 2% chance of dying every time you had to take a drive or shake a hand, you would certainly not think "doesn't sound so deadly to me." Astonishingly callous take.

Edited by Berkut

GW8345:  asks for expert opinion

receives expert opinions

GW8345:  “no, not like that”

You are as charming as ever, Reddog.  

Tighten up them tin foil hats boys!  It’s gonna stay bumpy for a long time at this rate...

1 hour ago, Berkut said:

I have not. And none of those are;

a - Happening right now with over 100 million cases in little over a year or so.

b - Anywhere as contagious as COVID-19.

c - Has 2%+ fatality rate. (H1N1 has lower fatality rate, SARS is "older" version of COVID and MERS is very low frequency and Antrax is bacteria)

d - And if a/b/c was true, and there was a vaccine available i would take it ASAP ZULU ANULULU because it isn't about me but those that could die from it if i gave it to them.

Yet, if the points a/b/c were true for any of your irrelevant examples (as they are for COVID-19), you wouldn't take the vaccine. So what does that tell us about you then?

Here is what I find interesting about many of yours, as well as a couple others comments. Why is it so difficult for those of you that choose to get the vaccine to simply accept that some of us choose not to? 

Do you really think the condescending attitude or childish name calling is going to change our minds? Seriously, I have no problem with those of you that will get it and respect your decision to do so. However, you don't get to decide what is best for me, nor do you or anyone else get to dictate what I should or shouldn't do. And you have the nerve to call me self righteous? You don't have to agree with my decision, but you have no choice other than to accept it.

As you've shown that you can't have a disagreement without resorting to personal jabs, this will be my last comment on the matter. I wish you well.

2 hours ago, Berkut said:

How about driving in the wrong direction or driving while being on the phone? Does that only hurt one person? Or millions of other examples one could think of. No, you seem to be missing that wast majority of time we all are willing to have certain "individual freedoms" removed or be paused because that is how a society works. You do it as well, all the time, because most people are not psychopaths.

Does World War 1 sound deadly to you? Or World War 2? Or Vietnam War? Because USA is now approaching the number of COVID deaths equal to all of those three combined in terms of American military casualties. It isn't about percentages, it is about half a million of people dead in USA alone. Not to mention it isnt just about survival but about long lasting effects as well on top of that. If you had 2% chance of dying every time you had to take a drive or shake a hand, you would certainly not think "doesn't sound so deadly to me." Astonishingly callous take.

There are laws about driving the wrong way and being on the phone, are you suggesting that we make getting the vaccine a law?

And I think you need to check your figures, in the three wars you mentioned the US lost 580,124 people (military casualties), according to the below website the death toll from the virus is currently at 487,701; a difference of 92,423, we got a ways to go before we hit the figure you are saying we are " now approaching".

While you may think I have a callous take on the virus I don't, I'm just not buying into the hype and fear that is being portrayed.

And as far as the "If you had 2% chance of dying" thing, I did one of the most dangerous jobs in the world for 20+ years, I'll take a 98% survival rate any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The biggest thing this virus has done is to cause people to think about their own mortality and that scares the crap out of them. Most veteran's have already faced that fear and have learned to deal with it, we view everyday on God's earth as a blessing and choose note to live our lives in fear.  Now if you want to live in fear and be afraid of dying go right ahead but don't force other's to live their lives in your fear.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

1 hour ago, Waco said:

GW8345:  asks for expert opinion

receives expert opinions

GW8345:  “no, not like that”

You are as charming as ever, Reddog.  

Tighten up them tin foil hats boys!  It’s gonna stay bumpy for a long time at this rate...

Please quote where I asked for expert opinion, I'll wait.

Well then let me be more specific. I work in clinical chemistry laboratories in hospitals. I handle COVID samples on a daily basis. The company I work for developed and fielded one of the first COVID antibody tests available.  But I don’t expect facts like that will change your narrow mind. 

1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

Here is what I find interesting about many of yours, as well as a couple others comments. Why is it so difficult for those of you that choose to get the vaccine to simply accept that some of us choose not to? 

Do you really think the condescending attitude or childish name calling is going to change our minds? Seriously, I have no problem with those of you that will get it and respect your decision to do so. However, you don't get to decide what is best for me, nor do you or anyone else get to dictate what I should or shouldn't do. And you have the nerve to call me self righteous? You don't have to agree with my decision, but you have no choice other than to accept it.

As you've shown that you can't have a disagreement without resorting to personal jabs, this will be my last comment on the matter. I wish you well.

I can answer that for you Dave,

Because in some folks minds anyone with dissenting opinions or points of view must be ridiculed and shut down because they have never learned that not everyone thinks the way they do. They can't imagine anyone with differing opinions and views because they live in an echo chamber and have never been around anyone who doesn't think like they do.

It use to be people would respect other's opinions and would agree to disagree when they had different views. Now a days, some think that everyone has to think the way they do and if you don't, then they think they have the right (and duty) to ridicule and demean you because they have never been taught to accept differing opinions/POV. Those who think that way are on full display in this thread.

With that said, this is my last post in this thread, may you have a blessed day.