Anyone else get their covid vaccines yet?

11 hours ago, Showme said:

Outstanding post. I don't vaccinate. Haven't had a flu shot since leaving the military many years ago and have not had the flu. There are 7 strains of covid that they have never been able to come up with a vaccine for, yet this one is miraculously created......

I’m guessing you spend a good portion of your day on social media, managing to use “sheeple” in the majority of your posts.  

Prove me wrong....

12 hours ago, Showme said:

Haven't had a flu shot since leaving the military many years ago and have not had the flu.

I didn't get flu shots either until I got the flu last year and was laid up for a week.

Now you too get to learn the hard way.

When do personal freedoms have to run second to taking one for the team?

I'm a bit sick of the personal freedom card getting played all the time.  Sometimes, it's not all about you.

One down,  one to go.  Tuesday maybe.  Depends when base gets doses onboard. Pain in the a** to constantly replan between weather,  maintenance and doses.  50 days to store duty. 

Cheers, 

Dave

10 hours ago, Scooby said:

What a misguided post.

I got people on the inside, yo. including medical malpractice lawyers. They made sure you couldn't sue if this thing goes tits up 😉

Out in the hallway, but still treated - one thing. Not even space in the hallway and triaged (i.e. we continue treating patient A and let patient B die because A has marginally better chances of survival and we can only treat one) - quite another. So much for the limits of one's anecdotal knowledge.

Actually I do know what I'm talking about on this one. Hospital management is apparently so complicated our local politicians can't even figure it out. results have been pretty devastating and will be going into the future, not so much because of covid. I've had the joy of being involved, plus we have the federal response to the tribes here and some of the NG who are "deployed" here and I are close. 

The big issue was the narrow minded thinking that all things be sacrificed for the great covid god. So the hospitals are toast here, we had to pay people to not work while cancelling all other medical work. This in turn has basically bankrupted the hospitals. we are at 2008 levels of financial meltdown, after clawing our way back for 13 years-- wiped out in one.

Look Moritz I'm not going to fight you on this, I've watched this same argument take place on social media a million times already, I was bored with it by May. I can only say so much about what's happening in my little fishing village and what I've had to deal with it, then being involved with other elements like admin and the fed response and of course money money money. My state also covers costs for "Shaman" and "medicine men" here so I'll be the first to say things get screwy. 

you'd think the smart people online lecturing people all this time would be happy to watch all the people who are wrong die off, but then again I'm an optimist

You win, and know more than me. 

With regards to news organizations, yes I do expect them to publish stories if hospitals are having such problems. 

They usually don't and hospitals for obvious reasons don't elaborate. Theres a reason hospitals like to settle out of court. if a case makes the news, things are already sideways. 

I did a search and found a number of articles about hospitals being inundated with flu patients in 2018.  Though, in my brief scan of the articles, I did not read anything of morgues being filled such that refrigeration trucks were needed.

Then it has never happened. forget I said anything. 

Such as what is happening with Cuomo; whom I believe the news should be asking him some tough questions.

and only what, 9 months late? They're always on top of things. They should be asking a lot of people a lot of tough questions. Like why were people on ventilators earlier on but now we don't do that anymore, and by an amazing coincidence the hospital mortality rate dropped, but don't read anything into that. 

Back to my original post you quoted, I was asking why he believes the flu is more deadly than Covid-19?  I believe it's a straightforward question that doesn't require a convoluted answer.

ok:

From back in june 2020:

Millions of Americans have probably had the coronavirus without knowing it.

That's the conclusion of officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and many other experts.

"Our best estimate right now is that for every case that was reported, there actually were 10 other infections," Dr. Robert Redfield, the director of the CDC, said during a call with reporters Thursday.

Redfield estimates that between 5% and 8% of the U.S. population has been exposed. He points to results from communitywide antibody tests and other surveillance measures that point to this range. But, he emphasizes, that leaves more than 90% of Americans who have yet to be exposed and who remain susceptible.

To date, 2.3 million Americans have had confirmed coronavirus infections, but by the CDC's estimates, the real number could be at least 20 million.

The estimates validate what many public health researchers suspected — that the health system has failed to capture much of the spread of the virus within some communities.

"In the beginning, there wasn't a lot of testing that was done of younger, asymptomatic individuals," Redfield said. "So I think it's important for us to realize that we probably recognized about 10% of the outbreak by the methods that we used to diagnose between the March, April and May."

CDC recently updated estimated infection fatality rates for COVID. Here are the updated survival rates by age group:
0-19: 99.997%
20-49: 99.98%
50-69: 99.5%
70+: 94.6%

september 2020 

I reserve the "right to be wrong" but we have no idea how many people have even had covid the CDC estimated it could be 10 times higher than we have recorded. they also used "at least" there. Covid19 has been around a lot longer than we thought.  this pandemic started long before it registered. 

for those who care I'm pro vaccine, but the split among hospital staff is around 50/50 on this one. Thats also why they won't push mandatory stuff here for hospital staff, there would be a revolt. We are also under strict orders to not talk about things in general. we are supposed to be very careful what we talk about because everything right now is "hyper weighted" if one nurse tells her girlfriends "no way! I'm not getting that!" then we know her girlfriends will "I have a friend who's a nurse and she said..."  and then a dozen people don't get it. so theres a lot of strict orders to not talk which is why I really can't say a whole heck of a lot -- oh and if anyone asks I'm a janitor or something. This isn't advice or anything. all of the above is just internet bants. I'm not telling you either way.  

The bottom line is this. its like a balloon full of water. the water can come out fast, or it can come out slow. but the balloon will empty and theres no stopping that. in a few years people are going to look back at this and laugh in the same way that controlling a earthquake is absurd. but at least we destroyed millions and millions of lives. 

honestly I've been staying out of this stuff for a good long while, because everyones an expert online so I don't weigh in (except me, remember to disregard all of this) 

sorry for all the cryptic stuff. I'll bow out. 

48 minutes ago, Thommo said:

When do personal freedoms have to run second to taking one for the team?

I'm a bit sick of the personal freedom card getting played all the time.  Sometimes, it's not all about you.

Freedom is the worst, glad we are doing away with it. 

I live with two ladies (wife and daughter) who have both been "on the front lines" of this s$hit show from the start, in the ER. Neither are getting the "vaccine", especially my 22 y/o daughter...they have no idea how this will affect woman and the reproductive system. Me? 20 odd years in the military and been punched with everything that'll fit in a syringe...I ain't getting it. I'll be fine, and I have asthma...did I mention I live with two ladies who've been working in the ER since this S$hit started??

What? Me Worry?

😂

See you Vegas, baby!

1 minute ago, 82Whitey51 said:

I live with two ladies (wife and daughter) who have both been "on the front lines" of this s$hit show from the start, in the ER. Neither are getting the "vaccine", especially my 22 y/o daughter...they have no idea how this will affect woman and the reproductive system. Me? 20 odd years in the military and been punched with everything that'll fit in a syringe...I ain't getting it. I'll be fine, and I have asthma...did I mention I live with two ladies who've been working in the ER since this S$hit started??

What? Me Worry?

😂

See you Vegas, baby!

My sister is preggers and they told her in no uncertain terms "Do not get the vaccine" but Covid also causes miscarraige s its been nerve racking she works in an oncology clinic and has managed to avoid the madness. Hoping to see my new nephew in a month and a half 

2 hours ago, 11bee said:

managing to use “sheeple”

For the record I think we owe our "conspiracy theorists" an apology. nearly everything about the last year would have been completely dismissed previously, but now its the "new normal." I can't wait to see what perfectly "normal" thing happens next. 

2 minutes ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

My sister is preggers and they told her in no uncertain terms "Do not get the vaccine" but Covid also causes miscarraige s its been nerve racking she works in an oncology clinic and has managed to avoid the madness. Hoping to see my new nephew in a month and a half 

Indeed, nerve racking. All the best to your sister, I'm sure she takes the necessary precautions, and that alone seems to keep you safe.

I figure the odds...none of us have had it, and the two of them have been regularly exposed to it since the start. I took myself out of my workplace long before any "mandates" were put in place so as not to be "that guy" but honestly have not worried about it much at all...just avoid licking doorknobs.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:54 AM, Charlie D. said:

dude.jpg

the problem isn't the high school guy, its experts that get it wrong. Quoting all these docs, nurses, microbiologists and immunologists and epidemiologists from February to April of 2020 would be branded "misinformation" now. Fauci said no mask, then mask, now its 2 masks. "ever changing, never wrong" 

There's a whole eco-system of people who sue doctors, hospitals, and medical experts. and they often win. Youd be surprised how often experts oopsie and how often experts disagree. Ive talked to a lot of doctors and they all have a lot of different opinions. 

I also know an awful lot of guys who barely passed high school who said "2 weeks to flatten the curve was going to turn into 2 years" and I think thats pretty amazing. They were more right than a lot of people. next month is our 1 year anniversary of "2 weeks" in my states. 

I knew "dumb" military guys specifically who said they would play the same deployment games "we've been extended! just 2 more weeks guys!" for months on end. and boy that's exactly what happened. I've watched very well educated people completely surprised. everyone learns eventually 

The fun thing about covid is that everyone has had a chance to be wrong. We've watched people rise and fall. heroes become villains, villains become heroes. Todays visionary leader is tomorrows mass murderer. todays mass murderer is tomorrows visionary leader.  Cuomo won an Emmy and laughed with his bro on TV, but the latest news is not so cheery. Newsome was hailed in April as one of the more brilliant and smart governors, a model to follow. he has fallen from grace

35 minutes ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

Freedom is the worst, glad we are doing away with it. 

My American friend says the same.  All hung up about losing his personal freedoms.  Freedom is fine, as long as you realise there are limits to personal freedom.

Edited by Thommo
12 minutes ago, Thommo said:

there are limits to personal freedom.

No there isn't! This is why we America!

honestly...I can't even fathom having that thought in my head. Again...which is why we America.

Edited by 82Whitey51
Just now, Thommo said:

My American friend says the same.  All hung up about losing his personal freedoms.  Freedom is fine, as long as your realise there are limits to personal freedom.

freedom within acceptable state limits, absolutely. and those limits should be strictly enforced. hopefully with gulags and at gun point. The faster people realize they're wards of the state, who should be forcibly injected with chemicals, the better. My grandad fought in world war II, and he was always telling me that he fought so we could be just slightly more free than the 3rd Reich (within limits of course, if that state acquiesced) he basically wanted a regime as strict as the nazis, but with taxes lowered slightly. Its funny how the fiercest fights are always between those who have so much in common. 

with any luck we can keep the 70+ crowd going at the expense of the younger generations too. really just shaft all those kids. we strangle that whole freedom thing out of them early it will be great, too. theyre getting economically pounded right now, but thats what the pods and camps will be for. 

30 minutes ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Indeed, nerve racking. All the best to your sister, I'm sure she takes the necessary precautions, and that alone seems to keep you safe.

I figure the odds...none of us have had it, and the two of them have been regularly exposed to it since the start. I took myself out of my workplace long before any "mandates" were put in place so as not to be "that guy" but honestly have not worried about it much at all...just avoid licking doorknobs.

Thanks brother!

I had it back in February. kids did too. Just figured it was the flu. Later described my symptoms to a navy doc (this was in november 2020) and he laughed and said i described it to a tee. Kids got it, but it was only fevers (weird fevers, high and then done, then back with a vengeance...hmm) took them to the pediatrician who said "yup flu go home" (remember this was February)  . SWMBO no symptoms, fine. her whole work had it (works at a hospital) . The entire state was coughing before the first case was ever officially "discovered" and then began the lockdown games. my mom got it-- she slept about 14 hours a day for 3 days. my dad was likely but we can't confirm. 

I just figured it was the flu. I always get it, had the flu in November too, so just thought "here I go again" still worked out, just coughed a lot (kept to simple stuff, cough lingered for weeks) was over the flu part in a few days- felt like the flu, fevers aches, shortness of breath) wife teased me that I had covid for weeks and then realized I probably actually did. . my kids preschool class was like 25 percent kids out for 6 weeks straight and then they shut down the schools.  

Outside of work, I've gone full hermit. 

9 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

honestly...I can't even fathom having that thought in my head. Again...which is why we America.

So, I can shoot you? I think it´s my personal freedom to have a gun, use it and shoot other people? Why should I be limited in my freedom to shoot you?

Or do I get something wrong??

HAJO

30 minutes ago, Hajo L. said:

So, I can shoot you? I think it´s my personal freedom to have a gun, use it and shoot other people? Why should I be limited in my freedom to shoot you?

HAJO

Texans exercised their personal freedom by opting for a power grid free from all those burdensome, anti-business federal regulations.   Maybe they can burn their guns to stay warm?  Or ask a developed country (Mexico) for a big extension cord?  

Good point! Although there is less direct personal responsibility in the installation of a state-wide power-grid than there is in the decision to not vaccine or to not wear a mask.

HAJO

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

Texans exercised their personal freedom by opting for a power grid free from all those burdensome, anti-business federal regulations.   Maybe they can burn their guns to stay warm?  Or ask a developed country (Mexico) for a big extension cord?  

Texas Politicians exercised their greed by implementing a power grid free from all those burdonsome, anti-profit federal regulations.

Texans in general are madder than hhelll at their so-called leaders and regulators right now.  Ask me how I know.

For a lot of technical reasons I won't go into, it's not so simple as running an industrial strength extension cord across any (grid) border.

Edited by habu2
15 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

15 hours ago, TaiidanTomcat said:

freedom within acceptable state limits, absolutely.

6 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

HAJO

As I said, personal freedoms have limits.

It's why we (and America) throw pedophiles, rapists & murderers in jail.

Some of the personal freedom losses the big tough gun-totting guys are have a hissy fit about are just bloody soft - e.g mask wearing.  It's wearing a little paper mask while out and about.  They're not asking you to cut your balls off with a butter knife and hand them over to the government.

And America pfftt?  Haven't you blokes noticed the new world order?  We're sticking it to China & that Zuckerberg dweep from down here.  Soon you'll all be wearing flip-flops (we call them thongs), playing cricket and dancing to Men at Work at your family BBQs 🤣. And you thought Covid restrictions were the end of the world. 

Edited by Thommo

Received the moderna jab today. I recommend reading “Influenza: The Hundred-Year Hunt to Cure the 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic” by Dr. Brown. I listened to this book right before I caught co-19 last March, helped wade through some of the BS. I also recommend watching interviews with Asian Boss on YouTube with Dr. Jerome Kim and Dr Woo. 

Edited by fulcrum1

This is, by far, the DUMBEST thread I've ever read on ARC.  And I've seen people arguing the F-14 was a great airplane, and new models of it should be built today.

I seriously hope no modelers use anything in here as the basis for any decisions about their medical health.

Sweet baby deities some of you are dumb. 

Everyone who read this thread is now dumber.  I award you no points, and my God have mercy on your soul.

FFS...