Anyone else get their covid vaccines yet?

14 hours ago, ALF18 said:

Finally! Glad to hear it, Shawn. You're in a tough work environment, and it's about time you got your first dose.

Here in Quebec, they're focusing on Montreal (about 85% of the cases are there). As of today, appointments for 65+ can be made in Montreal, but here in Quebec City it's still 70+.

Hoping to get it some time in April or early May. Fingers crossed.

ALF

Ontario its 80 and above only right now. I got it because of the mass outbreak at work. We can't close down.

9 hours ago, phantom said:

Ontario its 80 and above only right now. I got it because of the mass outbreak at work. We can't close down.

I've been following that news closely. Difficult situation. In a few weeks, you'll have a much-reduced chance of major complications, if not full immunity. Fingers crossed for you.

ALF

On 2/19/2021 at 9:08 PM, Waco said:

This is, by far, the DUMBEST thread I've ever read on ARC.  And I've seen people arguing the F-14 was a great airplane, and new models of it should be built today.

I seriously hope no modelers use anything in here as the basis for any decisions about their medical health.

Sweet baby deities some of you are dumb. 

Everyone who read this thread is now dumber.  I award you no points, and my God have mercy on your soul.

FFS...

Well its an art. it took years to get here, but we made it

On 2/18/2021 at 9:00 PM, 82Whitey51 said:

😂

Thanks I'm here all week folks 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:05 AM, Hajo L. said:

So, I can shoot you? I think it´s my personal freedom to have a gun, use it and shoot other people? Why should I be limited in my freedom to shoot you?

Or do I get something wrong??

HAJO

Thats a redacto ad absurdum. 

So, I can crash into you? I think it´s my personal freedom to have vodka and a car, use it to drink and drive and crash into other people? Why should I be limited in my freedom to drink and crash into you?

Or do I get something wrong??

hahaha. 

Don't worry guns are going away here soon enough I'm sure. The police are being defunded too though, so this will make anti gun enforcement "interesting", along with the fact that there won't be as many police to call during an emergency. Criminals will still have though. By definition in fact. 

I'm getting my popcorn ready. for years I was told that no one needs guns just call the cops, now they're getting rid of cops and guns! Well played! Well played! 

On 2/18/2021 at 9:00 PM, 82Whitey51 said:

Some of the personal freedom losses the big tough gun-totting guys are have a hissy fit about are just bloody soft - e.g mask wearing.  It's wearing a little paper mask while out and about.  They're not asking you to cut your balls off with a butter knife and hand them over to the government.

I could have told you Americans were soft, and fluffy and ah... "famine resistant" 

And America pfftt?  Haven't you blokes noticed the new world order?  We're sticking it to China & that Zuckerberg dweep from down here.  Soon you'll all be wearing flip-flops (we call them thongs), playing cricket and dancing to Men at Work at your family BBQs 🤣. And you thought Covid restrictions were the end of the world. 

You misunderstand, in fact so do many in this thread. I am on your side. Besides individual freedom going out the window is being cheered for (forced) individual responsibility( which is an oxymoron of course. how do you force individual responsibility? is its like the military where I was always "voluntold" to "volunteer"?) anyway regarding responsibility. besides individual liberty is as dead as disco now anyway. 

The problem with this loss of individual liberty is that we aren't getting the benefit of it, if we are going to steer into this medical-fascist-technocratic skid, lets get some benefit. I would like some mandatory physical fitness. Maybe its time for the irresponsible smokers and drinkers to get off those crutches, take some responsibility for themselves. maybe welfare leaches can get a set of "rules" that make them more responsible.  same with these "protestors" of various groups. How protests are even allowed in an era of belt fed machine guns, I have no idea--Why aren't we rolling on these people with tanks? Maybe Mcdonalds needs to be "quarantined permanently" with some well placed government approved bulldozers. we will save Dunkin' Donuts for last, so the cops won't rebel in amidst all this enforcement, then that can go too well we will ban it, but like most laws make an exemption for police. you gotta take care of your enforcers. that's authoritarian basics. 

Maybe we need to censor some bad medical advice like "healthy at any size" and "body positivity"  People in the fitness industry have already pointed out that you can be censored for giving bad covid19 advice (Whatever it is today) but not for this:

180830-tess-holiday-cosmo-uk-embed.jpg

the CDC and all other health organizations do not agree with "healthy at any size" Why is this allowed? How has this not been censored and its purveyors arrested and thrown into gulags?

Maybe its time to ban alcohol. or drugs? have we tried that? I am all for militarizing the police to make it happen. Hell use the military like all those 80s and 90s movies. lets go full Sicario on this. Maybe it is time for the sick lame and lazy to get responsible too? Maybe people need to take some responsibility and be able to run 2 miles or just over a few kilometers. Maybe we need to have some basic mandatory strength requirements. Maybe they need to get jobs and contribute to the tax base. Lets bring back the military draft. lets get a little fascist here. We like it now remember? I might as well get some of the benefits. Not washing your hands? that sounds like a fine or jail time you little nasty thing you. Why are you literally killing people?

lets have a "national conversation" on what "individual responsibility" means, to who and to whom and the effect on civilization. Maybe we need to have a little chat about the correlation between being fat and being hospitalized for covid19? putting undue stress on a stressed system? 78 percent of covid hospitalizations are fatties. we could have reduced our hospital capacity by nearly 80 percent by reducing the cheeseburgers.  healthy at any size you say? is that what the hospital is for? all that health? maybe they need be "dealt with" finally 

The problem is not that things go "too far" its that they don't go too far enough. good bye individual "rights", hello utopia. go be fat somewhere else

Its time to start ridding ourselves of the dead weight. Its not me and mine. Believe you me there is an army of little authoritarians just waiting to be unleashed. 

I know this is a month late, I came back to the thread because I heard about the AstraZeneca vax, was curious if anyone had anything else. sorry for the rant, just done with being "responsible" so others don't have to. most already responsible people, complain to other already responsible people, because typically responsible people don't tolerate the irresponsible people in their circles.

people have to stop "re-convincing" the already convinced, and start working on the unconvinced that are irresponsible with food drink drugs etc. When you figure that one out, let me know. getting a healthier person, more healthy is not an issue. I worked at plenty of gyms. never worried about the people who came to the gym, worried deeply about the millions who didn't. its not a matter of getting some avid runner to get healthier, but the couch potato to get going at all. Figure that one out, You'll be a rich man that fixes society. Really easy to keep people who don't do drugs and have no interest in them "drug free" the addicts, well not so much. and worse they put up one helluva fight. 

Mods please don't ban me. I'm leaving again. I do enjoy ARC even If I don't get to come on as much thanks to my gal Covid keeping me so busy these days.

c8gy2mlq9ro41.jpg

Also I miss Tony Stark. I hope he is well (whomever he is) I woke up early (thank you time change) and started typing, I didn't mean to rant. but I've come this far.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:39 AM, 11bee said:

Texans exercised their personal freedom by opting for a power grid free from all those burdensome, anti-business federal regulations.   Maybe they can burn their guns to stay warm?  Or ask a developed country (Mexico) for a big extension cord?  

Well to be fair, people are told to blindly trust the government (and rightly so!) but then they're not told which are the "good governments" to blindly follow and the "bad governments" that they should not tolerate. most of California is fleeing to Texas thanks to California's terribly mismanaged well... everything. its a little like the gun thing I mentioned above there. Time to blindly trust the government with my safety. oops! Defunded the cops!Ha! you got me again! time to leave mismanaged California for something different. NO! not like that! If they stayed In Cali they could be riding that wonderful high speed rail out of Bakersfield. we are more mad at Texas's once in a lifetime power grid failure, than Flint Michigan's long running, long continuing err "water troubles" Its like how im supposed to trust the same government I'm told is systemically racist... I should blindly trust racist institutions?

You can't blame people for being confused. Blindly believe-- except when you shouldn't. then don't believe. but do. 

its really hard to know what to blindly trust these days. I'm drinking Flints water, trusting systemically racist police, all while I'm trusting the Texas Grid while getting my CDC updates on A 737max. 

The "fun" thing about Covid19 and this last year,  is its really reminded me of my lets call them "pre DD-214 days" constantly changing orders, terrible leadership, dead people, non sensical catch-22s, restricted duty, confined to quarters, cancelled liberty. very nostalgic. being guilty for what others do, group punishment, arbitrary measurements of progress that are changed at a whim.  I still have my uniforms and they still fit too, so I will be very helpful at the fat camps I dream of them building. 

Edited by TaiidanTomcat
WAAAAY too long

My wife and I got our 2nd Pfizer shot last Thursday and we had NO! side effects whatsoever.

Totally surprising seeing our arms hurt and ached like snot after the 1st shot.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
9 hours ago, hawkwrench said:

My wife and I got our 2nd Pfizer shot last Thursday and we had NO! side effects whatsoever.

Totally surprising seeing our arms hurt and ached like snot after the 1st shot.

Tim

Exact same with my wife.   My first is tomorrow.

I was fine all day Friday other than the feeling of almost a dizziness but it went away.  Saturday we had a garage sale and I was out in the cold, 35-45 degrees all morning.  Never could warm back up all day. Felt very feverish but no fever.  

Sunday I had body aches and very drowsy all day.  Wife was yelling at me for laying around all day.  
Monday I had muscle soreness from all the aches on Sunday.
Back to normal today.  

Got my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine Friday. Worst side effect was that the weather all weekend was beautiful and I had to wait to fly my airplane for 48hrs.  Other than that felt good. I’ve been told the second may not go as smoothly. 

well here's my latest take on these shots:

*girl friend got hers a couple weeks back, and has been sick ever since. Not flue like symptoms, but nausea, and hurting all over. Specially in the arm she took the shot. 

* a buddy that's three years younger than I ended up with blisters all over his arms and hands. They look like blood blisters.

* a third friend of mine almost (within an hour) had a heart attack after getting his first one. Yet his wife had zero problems. Both got shots at the same time from the same doctor. He just got out of the hospital yesterday, and seems to be OK now. Now to be fair, Oz has had a couple heart attacks in the past as well as a couple stints. Strangely enough, two weeks ago OZ did the stress test at the hospital, and passed it just fine. Are they linked together? I simply can't see how, but it's ironic they were so close together. Now he's going back in for a complete vacuming of his arteries. Doctors says they are sludged up! Wonder if they'll us an Electrolux on him<g>!!

Now I was ready to get mine after constant nagging from you know who! Now I'm almost afraid to try it.

gary

On 3/23/2021 at 6:13 PM, Scott Smith said:

I was fine all day Friday other than the feeling of almost a dizziness but it went away.  Saturday we had a garage sale and I was out in the cold, 35-45 degrees all morning.  Never could warm back up all day. Felt very feverish but no fever.  

Sunday I had body aches and very drowsy all day.  Wife was yelling at me for laying around all day.  
Monday I had muscle soreness from all the aches on Sunday.
Back to normal today.  

The Devine Ms G has similar effects, but here's has been with her for two weeks and a day now. She's two years younger than I am, and now I stepping back for another look at it

gary

Got my first Moderna shot last week.  Little arm soreness right after, but only lasted about 10 minutes.  Had a very slight headache the rest of the day (not enough to really bother me, just enough to know it was there), but everything cleared up the next morning and been fine since.  Now just waiting until I get the second shot in a little over three weeks time.

2nd Moderna jab a week or so ago and the wife's 2nd last week. The 2nd day was a bit unpleasant for the both of us, but overall feeling okay. May have helped with some of the lingering (long haul) CO-19 symptoms I've had for over a year too.

4 minutes ago, nachjager said:

Got first shot on Sunday. One eye turned yellow and developed x-ray vision but otherwise no side effects. 

OK, you just had me spitting coffee out of my nose..... Especially with that avatar you have.

Edited by Scott Smith
3 hours ago, nachjager said:

Got first shot on Sunday. One eye turned yellow and developed x-ray vision but otherwise no side effects. 

That’s strange. Is the microchip working ok?  You may need to have it upgraded to V6.762a.  That version eliminated “yellow eye”.  Reach out to Overlord Bill and he’ll take care of it.   

Edited by 11bee

Just got my second Moderna today and now have a sore arm but that's from being harpooned in the arm.  30 of us at my section at work weren't necessarily advised to get it but were strongly discouraged from not getting the vaccine.  Just about everyone that received their second shot last week had flue like symptoms the next day so I'm just waiting to see what happens.