Anyone else get their covid vaccines yet?

Got my 2nd Pfizer. About 16 hours after the shot  I had some intense fatigue, chills for about 2 hours...took about 4, 30-45 min naps throughout the day. Had a low grade fever for about two hours in the evening, and then by about 7pm it was like someone snapped their fingers and it was all done, and I felt fine. As a bonus I now have 5G 😝

8 hours ago, 11bee said:

That’s strange. Is the microchip working ok?  You may need to have it upgraded to V6.762a.  That version eliminated “yellow eye”.  Reach out to Overlord Bill and he’ll take care of it.   

Strange, I updated the microchip firmware but still the yellow eyes. What'sUpped Bill Gates and he referred me to someone named 99...googled it but the only one related to is a guy named Toto. 

13 hours ago, nachjager said:

Sorry.... Hahaha! 

I took your post and of course ran with it! Called Gloria and asked which of her eyeballs turned yellow? She ran into the bathroom for a close look; then called me an SOB! Then told me she was posting a very bad picture of me on Fakebook! Now she's blackmailing me!

gary

10 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

I took your post and of course ran with it! Called Gloria and asked which of her eyeballs turned yellow? She ran into the bathroom for a close look; then called me an SOB! Then told me she was posting a very bad picture of me on Fakebook! Now she's blackmailing me!

gary

Mine acted the same way but I give here a Snicker bar.... 

Just had my 2nd shot 2 days ago. Like others have reported, the first 24 hours were just mild soreness in arm, mild body aches. As the day progressed the reactions grew and progressed. Uncontrollable chills, joint pain, overall weakness and fatigue - generally felt like crap but no fever. I am now on day 2 now; symptoms seem to be retreating as quickly as they presented. Now it is just fatigue. I hope by tomorrow to be back to normal. As a friend pointed out - small price to pay vs. the potential consequences of catching the virus. Recommend everyone get vaccinated as soon as they can.

5 hours ago, nachjager said:

Mine acted the same way but I give here a Snicker bar.... 

if one of her eyes had turned yellow, I'd took it an ran with it for a week or two! There'd be pics posted everywhere! The down side was I'd be sleeping alone forever and a day. 

gary

Had my first Pfizer jab last Thursday.  Zero side effects.  Second shot on the 22nd.  Hopefully that one will be just as uneventful. 

SN

I should be getting my f shot in a few weeks. My neighbourhood has been flagged as a "hotspot" The sooner the better in my opinion...working in aviation means I am constantly coming into contact with high risk people.

Sean 

I've decided to get my shot(s). Yet I'm a little leery of them. Lady three doors down from me got hers, and now is loosing hair! Not too worried about that as I got very little hair left to worry about. It appears that there are three different ones out there. What one is the one to get? As I understand it, some are two shots and at least one is a one shot affair. 

I'd be interested in your opinions as it seems that most here have or are in the process of getting them.

gary (not scared of needles)

2 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

I've decided to get my shot(s). Yet I'm a little leery of them. Lady three doors down from me got hers, and now is loosing hair! Not too worried about that as I got very little hair left to worry about. It appears that there are three different ones out there. What one is the one to get? As I understand it, some are two shots and at least one is a one shot affair. 

I'd be interested in your opinions as it seems that most here have or are in the process of getting them.

gary (not scared of needles)

There are a lot of articles, videos, etc. about which shot is better, but there are so many that it just ends up confusing the issue without answering it.  Some say this one is better, some say it doesn’t matter.  One of the questions is side effects, but you can find people who have had side effects to any one of the vaccines, while others who took the same vaccine had no side effects, so that’s not really a clear choice either.  I’m in the get what you can camp.  Right now, the only one that I probably would pass on is the Astra Zeneca shot.  I got the Moderna shot because that’s simply what the place that I was able to get the appointment with was giving.  No problems after the first shot, but I don’t get the second one for a week and a half, and they say if there are side effects, after the second shot is when they are more likely to appear.  In the end, I just want to get the shot and put it behind me.

my issue is that I have a weak immune system. Maybe 60% of what it should be right now. I got this from steroids. Although they actually did a jump start for my system a few years back. I took four of the jump start shots, and called out no more! I gained about twelve pounds with every shot. Now I back where I started from, but also know I have to be careful. Originally they planned on six shots. A very hard to get shot, and it's also the one the football players are after. 

So if the shot weakens my immune system, I'm in deep trouble. I can safely blame the U.S. taxpayer for all this, and they've been real good about picking up the bills. Call it Agent Orange if your interested in it. 

gary

4 hours ago, Scott Smith said:

Spot on Dave.  Everyone is a little different.  I was going to get the J&J, but Moderna was more effective and being morbidity obese I wanted the most effective. 

Yup, everyone reacts differently. I posted my side effects to the 2nd Pfizer shot above, my wife also got Pfizer, she had almost no reaction other than some fatigue. My father in law, almost no reaction to the 2nd shot, mother in law, fatigue and aches for a few days. My sister just got the 1st Pfizer and had a reaction like it was the 2nd shot ( and she didn’t previously have covid, she’s been tested on a weekly basis since the start). Everyone’s different...

Just got my 2nd Moderna about an hour ago.  This time I'm feeling the slight numbness in my left hand and arm is getting a little sore.  And I have this overwhelming desire to take a nap.  But that's every day about this time.... :709-457:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm booked to get my first shot on May 6th....it will either be the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine.  Second shot will be 4 months later....in Canada due to a shortage of the vaccines...they are focusing on giving everyone their first injection before they begin giving the second injection.  In theory this will keep keep from going to the hospital and stop people from dying.

Got my second Pfizer shot yesterday. I have a little injection site pain, but I'm still feeling good enough to go for a run this morning. After the first dose, I had a low grade fever that night, but just felt a little tired by the next morning.

Ben

Tomorrow will be two weeks since my second.  Just a follow up, my arm never really got sore, off and on numbness in left hand for the first week and I’m still sporting a bruise at the injection site.  Never got a bruise on the first.  
I am having a strange craving for brains though and the beeping I’m hearing at night sometimes keeps me awake.   

Here in Oz, wife & I can't get our jabs till May, and even then it might be May 2022 the way the vaccine rollout is limping along here.

Been some media about the AstraZeneca jab here, as a tiny number of people have developed blood clots after receiving it, but the incidence is far lower than for other drugs (e.g. contraceptive pill).  They are not recommending the AstraZeneca for anyone under age 50.

However, our youngest daughter (26) will be getting her jab soon (Pfizer) as she has to go to the Tokyo Olympics in July to do media coverage.