Anyone else get their covid vaccines yet?

I have yet to get the vaccine.  I've signed up at work, and am now waiting for an appointment.  I have held off based on concerns that have been voiced in the past about the 'normal' flu shots and potential interactions with individuals who have had Gilliam Barre syndrome.  I may have had Gilliam Barre at age 12 (62 now) which caused complete paralysis, chest down, and quite frankly, that aspect concerns me, as do the reports that so many have made about the misery one might have to deal with resulting from, primarily, the second dose of vaccine.  My wife has had her first shot, with no significant side effects.  

All of this is a crap shoot, in my humble opinion.  There doesn't appear to be an optimum path.  There are the very real complications of COVID itself, though the mutations of the virus make me wonder about the efficacy of the current vaccines, and then there are the potential side effects from the vaccine.  I guess, like anything else in life, you make your choices, you take your chances.

I got my email reminder today that my needle appointment is tomorrow, the only concern i have is  it says to wear a short sleeve shirt and a mask nothing about wearing pants but i'll wear some anyway and shoes as well.😷

Jari

1 hour ago, Finn said:

I got my email reminder today that my needle appointment is tomorrow, the only concern i have is  it says to wear a short sleeve shirt and a mask nothing about wearing pants but i'll wear some anyway and shoes as well.😷

Jari

Make sure you scream when you get your shot.

I got my 2nd Pfizer shot 2 weeks ago. First shot I felt fluey like for couple days, 2nd shot I felt horrid and thought

I was gunna bite the big one. Arm sore and felt REAL crappy. It lasted about 4 days and I am back to my crabby old self.

This mask crap hasta end soon......getting a little ridiculous. jon

As of last evening I am at peak immunization. Being immune-compromised, It's a true relief. I'll happily keep wearing a mask in public, because I actually give a damn about my fellow human beings. 🙂

Got my second one today and my calendar is relatively clear tomorrow.  Just ran down and cleared the painting area, this is a great opportunity to get my "modeling season" going.  "I don't feel good enough to work, must paint Hellcat...."

1 hour ago, BenBreeg said:

Got my second one today and my calendar is relatively clear tomorrow.  Just ran down and cleared the painting area, this is a great opportunity to get my "modeling season" going.  "I don't feel good enough to work, must paint Hellcat...."

Lol - that’s my plan as well when I get my 2nd shot at end of month.   

Got my first shot of Astrazeneca yesterday. Beeing in the mid-40ies and having no "special priority", I think I got it because of Astras bad reputation here in Germany...

My arm was a bit sore (the classical "I got a shot in the arm"-feeling) and in the evening I felt really tired and wasted. Had a not so good night, with some headaches. Woke up this morning, dropped in a painkiller and slept another three additional hours until 9 (had to attend a VTC at 10). Now I´m feeling good, don´t know if the painkiller is still doing it´s thing.

HAJO

Wife, last person in the family got her first shot last night. Gets #2 at the end of August.

Got my first in March, still waiting to hear when we get #2. We had 4 staff go out this week with Covid. Always have a few inmates positive.

I got my first Pfizer shot last thursday....second shot will be delayed due to an ongoing shortage of vaccine in Canada.  Injection spot on my arm was ever so mildly tender for a day or so....but it was VERY mild tenderness.  No other side effects.

00279t.jpg

On 5/1/2021 at 11:54 AM, juanchopancho said:

I'm scheduled to get my 5g nanobot ouchi fauci jab next week.

After my injection, the nurse did ask for my phone so she could download a program to help connect with the nanobots.  :woot.gif:

Youngest daughter got her 1st Pfizer the other day so she can go to the Olympics (AOC media) in Tokyo 😬.  Only side effect so far a sore arm.

It's going to be a bit of a non-event for her over there sadly - very restricted on where she can go.

On 5/14/2021 at 3:02 PM, Thommo said:

Youngest daughter got her 1st Pfizer the other day so she can go to the Olympics (AOC media) in Tokyo 😬.  Only side effect so far a sore arm.

It's going to be a bit of a non-event for her over there sadly - very restricted on where she can go.

Only a tiny percentage of the Japanese population is vaccinated....a very tiny percentage.  The Olympics will be very restricted to avoid infecting the general population.  Considering the low vaccination rate in Japan, I think the Olympics going ahead is risky, but if the event is locked down and very carefully managed, then it might be ok.  Then again Japan has a high population density and the new variants do spread quickly, but thankfully the Japanese are very good about wearing masks etc.

18 hours ago, SBARC said:

Only a tiny percentage of the Japanese population is vaccinated....a very tiny percentage.  The Olympics will be very restricted to avoid infecting the general population.  Considering the low vaccination rate in Japan, I think the Olympics going ahead is risky, but if the event is locked down and very carefully managed, then it might be ok.  Then again Japan has a high population density and the new variants do spread quickly, but thankfully the Japanese are very good about wearing masks etc.

Yes, I think it is very risky too, but they seem Hell bent on pushing on.  I'd not be going, but she has to go for work.

Fingers crossed for our daughter.  On the plus side she will be vaccinated, very restricted movement and is very fit (a sports fanatic who trains most days).

We get our first AstraZeneca jabs tomorrow.  Over 50's can now sign up for the jab in Oz.  We got in very easily which surprised us as we live out in the country where vaccine doses to doctors surgeries are fairly limited.

On 5/17/2021 at 1:01 PM, Thommo said:

Yes, I think it is very risky too, but they seem Hell bent on pushing on.  I'd not be going, but she has to go for work.

Fingers crossed for our daughter.  On the plus side she will be vaccinated, very restricted movement and is very fit (a sports fanatic who trains most days).

We get our first AstraZeneca jabs tomorrow.  Over 50's can now sign up for the jab in Oz.  We got in very easily which surprised us as we live out in the country where vaccine doses to doctors surgeries are fairly limited.

The AstraZeneca is no longer being used in my province of British Columbia, Canada.  They seem to have a good supply of Pfizer.  They are currently giving first shots to folks in their early 20's and people as young as 12 can now register to get their first shot in the coming weeks.  My daughter in her early 20's will get her first injection in 1 week.

A co-worker told me a story of her young cousin....early 20's.  He is an anti masker....believes covid is a hoax etc.  He has recently been diagnosed with Covid.  He is in his early 20's so the odds are in his favour that he will have mild symptoms.  Too many people are going down that rabbit hole of misinformation and having to learn the hard way.