Anyone else get their covid vaccines yet?

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

I heard a new term this week: TransVaxxer - someone who is not vaccinated but identifies as being vaccinated....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Washington state is is relaxing their mask requirements for fully vaccinated for all employees to be permitted to not wear a mask at work indoors.  If the employee does not provide the employer with proof of vaccination, then that employer is allowed to require that employee to always wear a mask at work....until Covid is no longer a risk.  I suspect you will see more and more of this if vaccination rates remain below herd immunity levels.

And I suspect international travel will be difficult to do without proof of vaccination, but many people do not travel internationally, so this will not be an issue for them.  But such travel restrictions are very old news for other ailments.....for instance....proof of a yellow fever vaccine has been required for anyone traveling to Africa.

I am a firm believer in people being permitted to choose to not get vaccinated, but I am also a firm believer in everyone getting vaccinated.  I believe the vaccines will get us to a safer place, but this will always be with us.  This is the new normal.  I am reminded of the days before AIDS and how life has changed for everyone since AIDS came on the scene.

6 hours ago, SBARC said:

The AstraZeneca is no longer being used in my province of British Columbia, Canada.  They seem to have a good supply of Pfizer.  They are currently giving first shots to folks in their early 20's and people as young as 12 can now register to get their first shot in the coming weeks.  My daughter in her early 20's will get her first injection in 1 week.

A co-worker told me a story of her young cousin....early 20's.  He is an anti masker....believes covid is a hoax etc.  He has recently been diagnosed with Covid.  He is in his early 20's so the odds are in his favour that he will have mild symptoms.  Too many people are going down that rabbit hole of misinformation and having to learn the hard way.

My wife in an RN in a Covid only unit in Edmonton, most of the admitted patients are anti-maskers. And it is entire families, she has had admitted people have sons and brothers die. Some get well enough to go home but can’t because the house they are living in are all positive.

On 5/23/2021 at 5:57 PM, Scooby said:

My wife in an RN in a Covid only unit in Edmonton, most of the admitted patients are anti-maskers. And it is entire families, she has had admitted people have sons and brothers die. Some get well enough to go home but can’t because the house they are living in are all positive.

I would prefer to avoid Covid by doing the mask wearing and social distancing etc....it really is quite simple.

Albertans have sadly not done well against Covid and some of their lack of success seems to be people not taking the situation seriously.  Vancouver island should be virus free in 4 to 6 weeks...our numbers of active cases is dropping steadily each week.

11 minutes ago, SBARC said:

I would prefer to avoid Covid by doing the mask wearing and social distancing etc....it really is quite simple.

Albertans have sadly not done well against Covid and some of their lack of success seems to be people not taking the situation seriously.  Vancouver island should be virus free in 4 to 6 weeks...our numbers of active cases is dropping steadily each week.

Rural Albertans, I see the stats Friday, most the admissions in Edmonton and Calgary are from the rural areas. Mask mandates exist in Edmonton and Calgary (Mayors ordered them). Kenney refused to create a provincial mandate.

Wife & I had AstraZeneca at 2.30pm y'day.

I woke up at midnight with chills, aches & pains all over & a head/neck ache.  Cracked into the Panadols.    Probably not helped by the fact I did a run, a gym session at lunch then had a hard sports massage at 3pm yesterday.
Feel like a sh*t sandwich without the bread today, but the info they gave us said this is common for a few days.

Wife has similar symptoms but quite a bit milder.  We both got very little sleep.

Won't stop me working on my Star Wars dio today though - paper mache base for the snow planned 😁

Edited by Thommo
7 hours ago, Thommo said:

Wife & I had AstraZeneca at 2.30pm y'day.

I woke up at midnight with chills, aches & pains all over & a head/neck ache.  Cracked into the Panadols.    Probably not helped by the fact I did a run, a gym session at lunch then had a hard sports massage at 3pm yesterday.
Feel like a sh*t sandwich without the bread today, but the info they gave us said this is common for a few days.

Wife has similar symptoms but quite a bit milder.  We both got very little sleep.

Won't stop me working on my Star Wars dio today though - paper mache base for the snow planned 😁

I have 2 friends that got AstraZeneca and both were sick for 1 to 3 days.....cold sweats etc.  They are both fine now.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:09 PM, Scooby said:

Rural Albertans, I see the stats Friday, most the admissions in Edmonton and Calgary are from the rural areas. Mask mandates exist in Edmonton and Calgary (Mayors ordered them). Kenney refused to create a provincial mandate.

Leadership or the lack of good leadership seems to be the critical factor in the success of a community beating Covid.  Ontario did poorly, but in their case the leader decided to run the fight against covid instead of standing back and letting a doctor run the show.  BC has done pretty good, but we had a doctor running the fight against covid.

So, what do you all think about this Nobel Laureate Luc Montagnier saying that all covid vaccinated people will die in 2 years, apparently he is the worlds leading Virologists. Says people will all die from antibody-dependent enhancement, whatever that means.

Considering the facebook post this is based on has been proven to be a lie I'd have to say nothing. Nothing at all.

3 hours ago, SBARC said:

I have 2 friends that got AstraZeneca and both were sick for 1 to 3 days.....cold sweats etc.  They are both fine now.

Yup, feeling better already.

Both of my parents and siblings have had their AZ shots, first and second (Sydney siders). They have told me of some issues, but nothing to alarm me too much. My better half and myself are booking in ours this weekend (Queenslanders). The roll out in QLD has been slow considering my swmbo works with special needs children. But politics plays its part. 

4 hours ago, bashace said:

So, what do you all think about this Nobel Laureate Luc Montagnier saying that all covid vaccinated people will die in 2 years, apparently he is the worlds leading Virologists. Says people will all die from antibody-dependent enhancement, whatever that means.

This appears to be just another anti vaccination smear campaign that has no basis in fact! Make your own decisions on the information you have, just don't rely on the internet for sound medical advice.

It's a crazy time, but I wish every one of you the best of health!

Andy

Just a tip if anyone is heading to get their first or second vaccination. Load up with Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen about an hour before and stay on the recommended dose for 24-48 hours.   Makes things go much smoother.

9 hours ago, bashace said:

Well he didn't actually say that.  Once again mis-information and lack of fact checking lets this sort of story get traction.

https://www.indiatoday.in/fact-check/story/fact-check-nobel-laureate-luc-montagnier-didn-t-say-covid-vaccine-recipients-will-die-in-two-years-1807023-2021-05-26

On 5/28/2021 at 5:01 AM, SBARC said:

I have had two Astro Zeneca injections with no side effects. My son has had two AZ injections and felt a bit rough in the evening following each injection. However he was right as rain the following morning. So I think there is no hard and fast rule about AZ, it just depends how your body reacts.

Seems A-Z is performance enhancing too.  Just swam my 400m TT 15 secs faster than I have in about 18mths, and my 100m repeats were all faster too.  Felt bloody easy!

Have informed our daughter at the AOC to get their athletes on it ASAP 😁

Got my second Moderna Wednesday. Thursday I was wiped out with everything they said-chills, fever, body aches, fatigue. Throw in a hernia issue I've been dealing with and it was an ugly day. Friday I was just a bit tired. Today I mowed, got the sprinkler system back up for summer and replaced 22' of rain gutter that came down over the winter. Next stop-the bench and some paint on a Pro Modeler JU-88.

Ten more days and it's all behind me. And if Thursday was just a taste of what getting covid was like I thank the gods I didn't get it for real.

I got my 2nd Moderna shot Friday. Yesterday I had aches and chills, I just rested and took Tylenol and I feel pretty normal this morning.

A friend of mine, he was 30 years old, a doctor, he died April 2020 from COVID-19 complications, he had been working ER shifts. He was a beautiful man, inside and out, his death is a loss for our nation. I have taken COVID-19 very seriously.

Had my first injection of Pfizer BioNTech a week ago. There was a very slight “feel” so to say of the place in my shoulder where it was injected. It only lasted about 2 days. Apart from this absolutely no side effects of any sort! Some friends and relatives also had the Pfizer BioNTech with exactly the same “no issues” version.

One down, second at the end of June.

One girl on the other hand had serious problems but she (was so stupid, I have to say) that between the two injections, few days after the first one managed to get a positive Covid test with typical infection symptoms for almost two weeks. It was traced back to catching Covid (while not wearing any protection “after all, I am vaccinated already”)  from a young child of a friend who managed to take the virus home from kindergarten. She is OK since then. 

The Covid vaccine does not protect against stupidity!  

Best regards

Gabor  

On 5/27/2021 at 9:52 PM, bashace said:

Look up the Georgia guide stones, whoever put them in place had a prophecy of population control on it. Kinda freaky.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:52 PM, bashace said:

While he has said several things about the vaccines(like possibly creating more variations), he didn’t say this. It’s fake news. 

23 hours ago, Charlie D. said:

While he has said several things about the vaccines(like possibly creating more variations), he didn’t say this. It’s fake news. 

For some, fake news is the only news.  I've heard from people that I respect and had assumed were fairly intelligent that the vaccines were just a plot by Dr. Faucci to get rich (because apparently he's heavily invested in all big pharma companies), it's a plot by Bill Gates to sterilize the world (but especially Africa) to enforce his nefarious vision of population control, or it's just completely unnecessary and it's just a plot by the party in power in the US to control all the "sheeple".   Crazy days we are living folks...

BTW, just got my 2nd Pfizer shot.   5 hours in, so far so good.   I've been staying hydrated and took ibuprophin right before I went in.   Wish me luck.  

Got my first Pfizer yesterday. A little more tired than usual today, but otherwise fine. 
Had the actual virus back in December. Didnt kill me then, either.