Anyone else get their covid vaccines yet?

I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday, except for a little sore shoulder during the night and this morning, no other symptoms.

I hoped to wind up attracting brass, which would be super useful with photoetched parts, but nothing yet.

(just kidding, not intended to offend anyone)

Have received the second Pfizer injection last Saturday. No problems. Did feel my shoulder for two days and on Sunday was a little sleepy but nothing special.

Vaccination was fast with just few minutes waiting. It was interesting that before me there was a Chinese family waiting for the same Pfizer. They did not speak a word of Hungarian so hardly qualify as true natives citizens. Why is it interesting? Well, Hungary did buy few million Chinese vaccine even though it was not approved by EU and what is more the price we paid for it was far higher than other countries for exactly the same Chinese vaccine.

Surprise, surprise the middle-man importer company reported incredible, hundred times increase in profits in comparison with previous years. Some 2 million of the Chinese vaccine was used but it turned out that in over 60 age group in 35% of them the vaccine did not trigger any immune reaction what so ever. They are just as unprotected as the ones who never had any vaccine.

Due to the unclear situation with Chinese Sinopharm vaccine most Hungarians refused to have it, instead preferred EU approved serums like the Pfizer. It looks like the Chinese family in front of me in the que also did not trust the Sinopharm version and wanted to have Pfizer instead.

Hungary is now donating 400 thousand Chinese vaccine to other countries since they will not be used here. Strange situation but this is life . . .

Best regards

Gabor

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my first shot on Friday, second will be in early September.

I can already hear Bill's smooth voice in my head and i have strange Magneto-like superpowers now...

PS; In terms of actual side-effects, literally only a slightly sore shoulder. As if i was punched there, and essentially gone already.

Edited by Berkut

My company has a job going on down south (USA).   In the heart of anti-vax country.   Just had multiple cases.   One person who was vaccinated was hurting for a couple days.  One person who was not is still hospitalized 2 weeks later.   Similar ages.   Draw your own conclusions from this small sample size.  

Seems like we will soon be headed back to the bad ole days.   

58 minutes ago, 11bee said:

My company has a job going on down south (USA).   In the heart of anti-vax country.   Just had multiple cases.   One person who was vaccinated was hurting for a couple days.  One person who was not is still hospitalized 2 weeks later.   Similar ages.   Draw your own conclusions from this small sample size.  

Seems like we will soon be headed back to the bad ole days.   

Viral load of Delta variant is a thousand times greater. For the most part we are not seeing vaccinated people in our hospitals, although now that restrictions are fully lifted we are seeing a huge climb in positive cases, especially in Calgary where the Stampede was held. We are even seeing an increase 3 hours north. We are the hosts of this virus and it adapts when it is permitted to live.

I got my second Pfizer shot two days ago; the firmware on the chip upgraded fine, just a little discomfort on the articulations and feeling tired yesterday; today, I feel fine after a reboot.

I've been vaccinated since March. I got the J&J and didn't feel any different 24-48 hours afterwords. Funny thing is that all of my employees decided to get vaccinated with the J&J shot since here in Charlotte NC it's quite hot and quite a nuisance to wear a mask in a 90 degree warehouse. I helped make 18 appointments in one day!

Just a follow up on my 2nd dose (Moderna) on 4/16.  I still on occasion get the numbness and tingling in my left hand like I did the day of and the few days afterwards.  Of course having arthritis in my left hand, it now seems to bother me more than it did in the past.  Cannot pin point that on the injection.  But I have had several days where I had the numbness and tingling along with increased discomfort in my joints and some very minor swelling in my hand.  I actually had to remove my wedding band one evening to get to sleep.

I got the Moderna shots, the second one about mid-May, and had a sore shoulder and felt a little tired for a couple of days, but that was it.  A week or so ago I got a shingles vaccine, and it was similar, but a bit worse, so I am not sure there's anything worse about the COVID vaccines than any other vaccine.  Different people have different reactions to them, it seems.

After having gotten my first shot with Astra in early june, I decided to skip the second Astra-shot and organized me a Biontech-shot. Read some reports that said that "cross-shotting" with Astra and then either Biontech or Moderna has shown very good results after a couple of days, and so I went for it.

While I was quite tired and a bit wasted after the Astra-shot for about 24 hours, I had practically no side-effects after the second shot with Biontech.

HAJO

On 7/28/2021 at 8:46 PM, Ken Cartwright said:

I got the Moderna shots, the second one about mid-May, and had a sore shoulder and felt a little tired for a couple of days, but that was it.  A week or so ago I got a shingles vaccine, and it was similar, but a bit worse, so I am not sure there's anything worse about the COVID vaccines than any other vaccine.  Different people have different reactions to them, it seems.

Yup, I got a Tdap booster a week ago, day after felt tired a slightly feverish. Not as bad as after I got the second Pfizer but similar 

Just got my Second Pfizer shot last week and Happy to Have it!  Grateful to live in a country where it is available and looking forward to more distribution in other countries.  Looking at the numbers in Indonesia, Malaysia and Burma where even getting any vaccine is a problem it is not going well.  Got Polio "Nope"  thank you science 👍

I don't care what anyone thinks but I have an allergy to death. Any vaccine that keeps death away is good in my books. Got 2 shots and waiting for the world to follow.

Emil

i am retired in Thailand since 13 years . I got my first AZ shot last week for free and scheduled for shot 2 mid October . Muscle pain first night then gradually went away . We are in full lock down in Bangkok .

Mid October?  I’m pretty sure my wife got the AZ and it was only a two week wait. 
Edit: I’m mistaken. She got the Phizer.  

We just got the email yesterday evening from work that we are back to wearing masks again starting Monday. 

Edited by Scott Smith
On 7/28/2021 at 9:56 PM, Scott Smith said:

Of course having arthritis in my left hand, it now seems to bother me more than it did in the past. But I have had several days where I had the numbness and tingling along with increased discomfort in my joints and some very minor swelling in my hand.  I actually had to remove my wedding band one evening to get to sleep.

Pardon me for asking Scott but, do you have arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis? because both have very similar symptoms however, the second one is an autoimmune disease.

Edited by SERNAK
1 minute ago, SERNAK said:

Pardon me for asking Scott but, do you have arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis? because both have very similar symptoms however, the second one is an autoimmune disease.

Not sure, I was just told arthritis by my GP.  I’ll ask for clarification on my next follow up appointment.  But it has progressed with age so I guess he’s thinking just the good old fashioned arthritis.  My spine is also eaten up with it as well.  In the past year alone is been much harder to turn to look over my shoulder.  Makes driving a little more difficult now. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Smith said:

Not sure, I was just told arthritis by my GP.  I’ll ask for clarification on my next follow up appointment.  But it has progressed with age so I guess he’s thinking just the good old fashioned arthritis.  My spine is also eaten up with it as well.  In the past year alone is been much harder to turn to look over my shoulder.  Makes driving a little more difficult now. 

Have you thought of visiting a rheumatologist? He can tell with more accuracy what exactly (well, exactly is a strong word) it is.

I am familiar with the situation. the worst months are from December until April when the weather is cold and the joints are getting swollen. 

Edited by SERNAK

why is my second shot 3 months away ? i believe its because there is'nt enough stock coming in fast enough  and they are way behind schedule with the first shot . Next year they join COVAX .  In May the local serum institute was supposed to produce the AZ  , it never got underway . Infections rising by the day . The response has been way too slow right from the start . So i stay at home building models  and order my stuff online and phone .

1 hour ago, Dog1 said:

So i stay at home building models  and order my stuff online and phone .

@Dog1: I see you're located in Thailand. Are you familiar with a hobby store called "Uncle Yae"? They say the owner can find any kit you're looking for and at reasonable prices.

8 hours ago, Dog1 said:

why is my second shot 3 months away ? i believe its because there is'nt enough stock coming in fast enough  and they are way behind schedule with the first shot . Next year they join COVAX .  In May the local serum institute was supposed to produce the AZ  , it never got underway . Infections rising by the day . The response has been way too slow right from the start . So i stay at home building models  and order my stuff online and phone .

There are actually studies and data showing that a longer spacing between doses is actually showing higher efficacy. Looks like a 90 day spacing or greater is better.

The reasons for the smaller spacing for the Covid vaccines is because that is how the clinical trial was performed, but new numbers with results now suggest the greater spacing is better and builds a greater immunity %.

This is typically true for any booster shot, so it hasn’t been a surprise. Canada went to a greater delay too due to vaccine supply and it would up being for our benefit, at least for those who are double vaccinated. 

On 8/1/2021 at 9:41 AM, Scooby said:

There are actually studies and data showing that a longer spacing between doses is actually showing higher efficacy. Looks like a 90 day spacing or greater is better.

The reasons for the smaller spacing for the Covid vaccines is because that is how the clinical trial was performed, but new numbers with results now suggest the greater spacing is better and builds a greater immunity %.

This is typically true for any booster shot, so it hasn’t been a surprise. Canada went to a greater delay too due to vaccine supply and it would up being for our benefit, at least for those who are double vaccinated. 

I did wonder when reading the info sheet at the clinic today why it was now 3 weeks between jabs, but your post explains it.

Got my first Pfizer jab today. It was the clinic's first day of administering the vaccine so it was a little unorganized. No side effects so far, other than a tender arm.

South Africa was lagging way behind, so being in the under-50s group (just...) I only got my first Phizer shot a few days ago. No side effects except a very dull muscle pain on the arm the night after the shot - it was gone the next morning. Same with my wife.

My father got Covid three weeks after his second Phizer vaccination - a so-called breakthrough case. However, despite his very advanced age his only symptom was a runny nose. He would not even have known it was Covid if he didn't get tested "just in case". On the other hand, a friend's father who was not vaccinated, just passed away from Covid a few weeks ago. I know way too many people who have died of it, and even more who got severely ill. In fact, one of my colleagues got it just before his age group was eligible for the vaccine, along with his wife. They are still on the mend and their recovery has been very slow - I'm just happy they survived since they got it very badly. We got vaccinated without hesitation - it is the wrong time to mess around with vaccine conspiracy theories. I don't want to see more friends die.

As for the time between shots in the posts above: Here they use 6 weeks, at least for Phizer. My in-laws are Russian and they all had the Sputnik vaccine - for them the interval was three weeks.