Jump to content

Anyone else get their covid vaccines yet?


Recommended Posts

This discussion is getting more controversial and possibly political than this site would normally support, so this will probably be my last post on this topic, so apologies if I don’t respond to someone in the future.

 

It seems to me that COVID has become so politicized that the actual facts about the virus have become obscured by political posturing by both sides, and it is difficult to know what information is accurate, or who to believe. Anyone can find information that supports their views, so there is little reason to accept or even consider an opposing viewpoint.

 

People start calling each other “idiots” or “sheep” or whatever, and once it goes down that path, people dig in and defend their point of view rather than base decisions on facts and logic.  And that’s where we are now, at every level it seems.  We seem to be past the point of objectively analyzing data and are now just picking a side.

 

Regardless of your views, I hope that everyone is safe and healthy and is able to do the things they want and need to while remaining that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ken Cartwright said:

This discussion is getting more controversial and possibly political than this site would normally support, so this will probably be my last post on this topic, so apologies if I don’t respond to someone in the future.

 

It seems to me that COVID has become so politicized that the actual facts about the virus have become obscured by political posturing by both sides, and it is difficult to know what information is accurate, or who to believe. Anyone can find information that supports their views, so there is little reason to accept or even consider an opposing viewpoint.

 

People start calling each other “idiots” or “sheep” or whatever, and once it goes down that path, people dig in and defend their point of view rather than base decisions on facts and logic.  And that’s where we are now, at every level it seems.  We seem to be past the point of objectively analyzing data and are now just picking a side.

 

Regardless of your views, I hope that everyone is safe and healthy and is able to do the things they want and need to while remaining that way.

I agree, I’m more interested in the new Taliban Air Force.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ken Cartwright said:

This discussion is getting more controversial and possibly political than this site would normally support, so this will probably be my last post on this topic, so apologies if I don’t respond to someone in the future.

 

It seems to me that COVID has become so politicized that the actual facts about the virus have become obscured by political posturing by both sides, and it is difficult to know what information is accurate, or who to believe. Anyone can find information that supports their views, so there is little reason to accept or even consider an opposing viewpoint.

 

People start calling each other “idiots” or “sheep” or whatever, and once it goes down that path, people dig in and defend their point of view rather than base decisions on facts and logic.  And that’s where we are now, at every level it seems.  We seem to be past the point of objectively analyzing data and are now just picking a side.

 

Regardless of your views, I hope that everyone is safe and healthy and is able to do the things they want and need to while remaining that way.

 

Yes, I agree we've been pushing the envelope, but it is fascinating (and scary) to hear other points of view.

 

Regarding the 'conspiracy theorists', there are 2 things that simply defy logic to me:

 

1. What scientist would want to go down in history as the one who invented the vaccine that killed more people than any other vaccine?

 

2. Governments love their tax revenue.  What government would implement rules which severely curtail their tax revenue (i.e. lockdowns) if they did not think it was really warranted?

 

4 hours ago, 305swag said:

I agree, I’m more interested in the new Taliban Air Force.

 

😆 Yes, let's go there and dive into how the most powerful nation in the world got stuck in another unwinnable 'war'.

 

However, neither of those topics will bring anywhere near the numbers of crazies out of the woodwork as trying to convert an abandoned rail line into a tourist rail trail.  Anti-vaxers, patriots & doomsday preppers can't hold a candle to train spotters I've recently discovered  😬

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Thommo said:

 

Yes, I agree we've been pushing the envelope, but it is fascinating (and scary) to hear other points of view.

 

Regarding the 'conspiracy theorists', there are 2 things that simply defy logic to me:

 

1. What scientist would want to go down in history as the one who invented the vaccine that killed more people than any other vaccine?

 

2. Governments love their tax revenue.  What government would implement rules which severely curtail their tax revenue (i.e. lockdowns) if they did not think it was really warranted?

 

 

😆 Yes, let's go there and dive into how the most powerful nation in the world got stuck in another unwinnable 'war'.

 

However, neither of those topics will bring anywhere near the numbers of crazies out of the woodwork as trying to convert an abandoned rail line into a tourist rail trail.  Anti-vaxers, patriots & doomsday preppers can't hold a candle to train spotters I've recently discovered  😬

 

1. Scientist? Which scientist? We only know brands. Anyway, narration 'there was great need to release it asap, we couldnt've known of long term effects' seem to fit well to explain and clean the name.

 

2. Government can't stand armed and self-sustainable citizens. Communism is striking back and you'll remind my words one day, they want to make people dependant from government, so that any of you opposing party's line will be derived of social funds. In other words, they want you to give back your rod in exchange for fish 🙂 btw. Small companies are passe, big concerns will remain and take the 'empty space' over.

 

Edited by Tapchan
Link to post
Share on other sites

"they want to make people dependant from government, so that any of you opposing party's line will be derived of social funds"

 

 

I do not think it means what you think it means

-Apologies to Inigo Montoya

 

Getting back on track, I've been vaxxed for COVID since April. No ill effects. I'm proud to be part of the solution, and helping to keep my community safer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thommo said:

 

Yes, I agree we've been pushing the envelope, but it is fascinating (and scary) to hear other points of view.

 

Regarding the 'conspiracy theorists', there are 2 things that simply defy logic to me:

 

1. What scientist would want to go down in history as the one who invented the vaccine that killed more people than any other vaccine?

 

2. Governments love their tax revenue.  What government would implement rules which severely curtail their tax revenue (i.e. lockdowns) if they did not think it was really warranted?

 

 

😆 Yes, let's go there and dive into how the most powerful nation in the world got stuck in another unwinnable 'war'.

 

However, neither of those topics will bring anywhere near the numbers of crazies out of the woodwork as trying to convert an abandoned rail line into a tourist rail trail.  Anti-vaxers, patriots & doomsday preppers can't hold a candle to train spotters I've recently discovered  😬

Omg, have you ever seen a prop plane drop a gbu? It’s mind blowing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tapchan said:

2. Government can't stand armed and self-sustainable citizens. Communism is striking back and you'll remind my words one day, they want to make people dependant from government, so that any of you opposing party's line will be derived of social funds. In other words, they want you to give back your rod in exchange for fish 🙂 btw. Small companies are passe, big concerns will remain and take the 'empty space' over.

 

 

Yeah, we're all doing really, really badly here Downunder without any AR-15s 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Thommo said:

 

Yeah, we're all doing really, really badly here Downunder without any AR-15s 😁

AR’s are ok but I really love the IWI X-95 Tavor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, johncrow said:

"they want to make people dependant from government, so that any of you opposing party's line will be derived of social funds"

 

 

I do not think it means what you think it means

-Apologies to Inigo Montoya

 

Getting back on track, I've been vaxxed for COVID since April. No ill effects. I'm proud to be part of the solution, and helping to keep my community safer. 

That’s really heart warming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 11bee said:

    Hey, don't worry Swag, one thing America does extremely well is to completely ignore the lessons from the past. 

 

Spot on mate.  And we keep following you guys right through the same door 🙄

 

When will all we learn that 1st world military might can't beat 3rd world middle-ages fanaticism?  Or that letting bats piss on pangolins might end badly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, niart17 said:

Interesting article. I will be following this study as well as others and see what peer reviews say. And yes, sorry I did misunderstand what you were saying, sorry.

As for saying someone can't work somewhere unvaxxed? I'll leave that up to the Supreme Court to decide the legal aspects of that as I'm sure it will get there. I will say it's much different to say you can't work if actually infected with something as opposed to saying you can't if not protected from a potential of getting infected. Hard to fight a case against a potential. 

Jacobson vs Massachusetts (1905) and 

Zucht vs King (1922) might very apply to what we are experiencing today. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, achterkirch said:

Jacobson vs Massachusetts (1905) and 

Zucht vs King (1922) might very apply to what we are experiencing today. 

 

Christ, they were smarter in 1905 than we are now!

 

"The Court's decision articulated the view that individual liberty is not absolute"

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ken Cartwright said:

I agree 100% - getting vaccinated should be a choice.  However, if you are not vaccinated, then you should have to deal with the consequences, such as having to pay the the medical expenses if you get COVID, or not being allowed in certain places.  I think of it like smoking - you can smoke all you want, just be prepared to pay for all of the health issues yourself, and don't smoke where it affects others.

This.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 11bee said:

Ahh... there we go, the classic "Just nuke the whole country and let god (allah?) sort 'em out".  I love it.    Hey, don't worry Swag, one thing America does extremely well is to completely ignore the lessons from the past.  Those uppity Iranians need to be taught a lesson.  I'm sure we'll get it right this time!

 

Out of curiosity, how much of that "Talib air force" do you think will be flying in a few weeks with no contractors and advisors to keep those aircraft (barely) flyable?  My guess is none.      

Oh your spot on about learning lessons from the past…. The problem is they didn’t learn the lessons from 1945, you don’t go into wars if you do not intend to win. The folks back in 2001 didn’t look to far into Afghan history. I’m pretty sure the Chinese and Russians will help them out, not to mention the contractors that the Taliban have. Don’t worry 11bee , your going to get the America your kind wants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scooby said:

They have deleted about a dozen of your posts over the past few days, do you really think you are a good judge of what it right and wrong?

Sounds to me like only one point of view is being censored so it really doesn’t surprise me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No I have been deleting your stuff, and other stuff on this thread for the past 20 minutes.

 

We get it, your not in favour of vaccines.

 

This was a simple discussion which has now run its course. Wether you think vaccines are a good idea, or not this thread is done.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2021 at 1:33 PM, phantom said:

No I have been deleting your stuff, and other stuff on this thread for the past 20 minutes.

 

We get it, your not in favour of vaccines.

 

This was a simple discussion which has now run its course. Wether you think vaccines are a good idea, or not this thread is done.

 

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...