I finally picked up the 1/72 (and 1/48, but that’s another story 😁) GWH F-15E.  What a gorgeous kit!   I was pleased to find parts for the GBU-15 AND AGM-130, as well as 9x GBU-12s, AIM-120A/Bs and AIM-9Ms.  The kit only comes with the legacy LANTIRN pod and it has the old antenna configuration.

Here’s where I’m going with this...it has ALL the stuff you would want to build some of the really cool asymmetrical loadout used in Operations Southern and Northern Watch!   Like...

GkkIyu1.jpg

BfQn9nv.jpg

The included decals (which are incredibly thick by the way) are for OEF/OIF birds.  A quick net search reveals that there aren’t any decals covering F-15E’s in ONW/OSW in 1/72.  There is zero coverage of the 90th FS from the 90s.   This is probably me just shouting to the winds, but it would be awesome to get some 1/72 decal love for mid-late 90s F-15Es from ONW/OSW for the GWH F-15E.  Especially Alaskan Strikes!   What say you?

Steve

4 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

<...> it has ALL the stuff you would want to build some of the really cool asymmetrical loadout used in Operations Southern and Northern Watch!   Like...

GkkIyu1.jpg

Whoa! Not just the loadout is asymmetrical. Also the light grey tank AND a light grey stab! :woot.gif:

Hearin' ya re the decals. Would be cool to see more post-Vietnam stuff that isn't either ODS or War on Terror.

(secretly, I'd also welcome more ODS stuff. What aftermarket decals I have covering that era are often quite old and I'm not sure I'd trust them)

54 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

Did the markings change that much from DS?

Yes, TAC became ACC.  

Most 1/72 F-15E decal sheets are from OEF/OIF to the present day.  There is little aftermarket decal choice for non-Seymour Johnson F-15Es pre OEF/OIF in 1/72.  Even the Allied Force stuff is mostly sold out.   

Edited by Falconxlvi
7 hours ago, Thadeus said:

Well, there was a Revell repack of the Hasegawa F-15E with 90FS decals. Don't know which period.

https://www.scalemates.com/pl/kits/revell-04627-f-15e-strike-eagle--103183

Can't find the decals though. Or the paint scheme.

Yeah, it’s time for some new decal love.  And who wants to buy another complete kit for decals?  Not me.  

Buuuuuut I might in this case 😂🤣🤷‍♂️