Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4824 1/48 Su-27 “Flanker B” Heavy Fighter

So here comes the R&D booklet for L4824 Su-27 "Flanker B".

Worth a readthrough to help you better understand some special feature of the vanilla Flanker.

2039255168_L4827-01.thumb.jpg.551cda273274ea9e1b997ad22d5bc305.jpg978830702_L4827-02.thumb.jpg.04ab78a101d3048e7c6ebe7d5cdd9d6c.jpg1647417567_L4827-03.thumb.jpg.00ecaf1c751d35846c5cc81d28427317.jpg524668887_L4827-04.thumb.jpg.a65015c97f946db95106626324fe7980.jpg

To be continued.

6 hours ago, haneto said:
More R&D content added: fuselage, vertical fins and stabilizers.
Enjoy the reading!

If possible could you make this into a downloadable file, it would eb great to have on hand as a reference. I am sure I am going to build more than one Flanker!

On 4/29/2021 at 2:39 PM, paulsbrown said:

Great stuff!

I've never noticed these 'rivets' before. Are they particular to Ukrainian Flankers?

869383499_ScreenShot2021-04-29at1_34_47PM.thumb.png.7f8c84d4772058b3ef885167ea33d0ce.png

I only saw these on this blue 30 early Flanker.. it looks to me that this was reinforcement of that part. I think that on right side is without it!!

4 minutes ago, mario krijan said:

I only saw these on this blue 30 early Flanker.. it looks to me that this was reinforcement of that part. I think that on right side is without it!!

Interesting. Thanks!

Maybe it's a local depot repair as they don't have access to replacement parts?

Point being, I hope GWH hasn't copied this on the model, unless it's an optional part.

Edited by ijozic
23 minutes ago, ijozic said:

Point being, I hope GWH hasn't copied this on the model, unless it's an optional part.

Luckily a few passes with some sand paper will take care of that If they did.

I'm looking forward to this model. The GWH Flanker family have been great kits and the ones I've built so far have been a pleasure to build so keep them coming Haneto and GWH! I'm still in for several of these too. :yahoo:

Edited by The Dude
Hi guys
Returning from 5-day golden week holiday so finally find some time to upload the final part of the GWH 1/48 Su-27 Flanker R&D booklet.
Hope you find it informative and useful.
Enjoy!

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-11.jpg

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-12.jpg

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-13.jpg

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-14.jpg

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-15.jpg

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-16.jpg

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-17.jpg

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-18.jpg

On 4/29/2021 at 11:56 PM, boom175 said:

If possible could you make this into a downloadable file, it would eb great to have on hand as a reference. I am sure I am going to build more than one Flanker!

It was designed as printed material to be added in the first edition of the kit.

But since the weight will increase a lot which will add more cost on postage, they decided to disclose it online freely.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:48 PM, Mimino said:

when will it be available for purchase ?

This month in China mainland.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:45 PM, ijozic said:

Surely not, if you have checked my post on 3rd April showing real plastic parts.

I took very clear picture of the vertical fins.

To be continued!

On 5/6/2021 at 10:31 PM, haneto said:

It was designed as printed material to be added in the first edition of the kit.

But since the weight will increase a lot which will add more cost on postage, they decided to disclose it online freely.

This month in China mainland.

Surely not, if you have checked my post on 3rd April showing real plastic parts.

I took very clear picture of the vertical fins.

To be continued!

Hi Haneto! When you say - "disclose it online freely" are you already referring to all of those pictures you posted here or will there be another link/site for it?

Hi guys
Here comes the last part of GWH 1/48 Su-27 R&D record: the difference between the single seater and two seater.
Far more than the addtional seat added!
Check it out.
That's all for the R&D booklet.

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-19.jpg

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-20.jpg

L4827宣传画面考证英文版-21.jpg

On 5/8/2021 at 1:46 PM, flybywire said:

Hi Haneto! When you say - "disclose it online freely" are you already referring to all of those pictures you posted here or will there be another link/site for it?

The uploaded version seems to be compressed to lower quality due to forum attachment size limitation, so if you guys are interested in originl high resolution version I can upload to some online file share website.

1 hour ago, haneto said:

The uploaded version seems to be compressed to lower quality due to forum attachment size limitation, so if you guys are interested in originl high resolution version I can upload to some online file share website.

That would be great!!

On 5/11/2021 at 12:12 AM, haneto said:

Please. Thanks in advance.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:58 AM, haneto said:

I highly recommend you GSI Creos Mr. Mark Setter.

Because when we talk with the decal print factory, I just gave them one bottle of this and my requirement is very simple: I need your decal to match this softner perfectly.

Then it turns out quite good, no longer that thick and hard GWH decal in older batch kits which was totally rubbish.

So I understand that it was not the print factory lack of the capacity, but it was our fault that we did not give them more detailed and specific orders.

Because they print decals for so many clients from various industries for decades, and they had no idea what kind of decal is suitable for model kits.

So, guys you can be quite confident about GWH kit decals now, they are performing much much better.

Hi, wich "older" kits have been affected with these bad batch of decals? ALL SU-35 for example?