Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4824 1/48 Su-27 “Flanker B” Heavy Fighter

A Chinese manufacturer will soon release this set of 3D printed aftermarkets for the G.W.H Su-27 and Su-27UB kits.

The difference to the kit plastic parts is that it has all those tiny hydraulic and electric lines that one had to scratch before from wires, lead or pipes . Or use photoetch sets which are awkward to bend anyway and also still a 2D flat piece of material not really realistic representation of a perfectly round hydraulic line.

These nose and main gear legs are 3D printed from a strong material to support the weight of the kit. All you need to do is paint and get a realistic fully equipped gear legs! No more need for scratch building for hours, days, weeks or buying useless photoetch alternatives.

edlTwr3.jpg

mUpeP1V.jpg

snVWfLR.jpg 

pBkEHRA.jpg

Best regards

Gabor  

This is extremely welcome news.  It will be even more exciting if this new manufacturer will come up corrected detailed landing gear sets for kits like the 1:48 ICM MiG-25, Trumpeter 1:48 MiG-23, to give the model the correct "stance" when the aircraft carries a normal payload.

Edited by Jeffrey
1 hour ago, juanchopancho said:

Wow what is the name of this manufacturer?

As far as I know the name is:   Detail & Wonder

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

. . .  corrected detailed landing gear sets for kits like the 1:48 ICM MiG-25, Trumpeter 1:48 MiG-23, to give the model the correct "stance" when the aircraft carries a normal payload.

There are several problems for that.  In the case of the G.W.H Su-27 they (from what I see) simply took the kit parts and added all the hydraulic lines and all the small bits and pieces that would add to detail on a landing gear.

For the ones you mention there needs to be  a complete design of ALL parts and not just adding the hydraulics. I think that would be a completely different ball game.

But who knows, with 3D printing it is possible that others will see business in doing what you ask for.

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, thank you for the information about the forthcoming extreme detailed landing gear...I will certainly be looking for those to go onto my Flanker.

Is there any further word on an expected release date for this kit in the US?  I know there are many offerings on eBay, but really would rather wait until they are available in the US online stores.  

20 hours ago, Curt B said:

Gabor, thank you for the information about the forthcoming extreme detailed landing gear...I will certainly be looking for those to go onto my Flanker.

Is there any further word on an expected release date for this kit in the US?  I know there are many offerings on eBay, but really would rather wait until they are available in the US online stores.  

Hi Curt B.

Sorry, I have little information on release dates for both the 3D printed legs and for the kit. As far as I know it is already released in China but you should ask Haneto about this. I am here in Europe, while he is there next door to G.W.H. So he should know.  : )   : ) 

Concerning the 3D printed legs the only thing I did was to re-publish what has already been published on forums. I am just as curious about them as everyone else!!!!

Speaking of the Su-27, the single seat. It looks nice, in my eyes it is far more elegant in comparison with the dual seater. : ) I hope modellers will like it and it will be worth waiting for!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Just got my 4 from China via Ebay Dawngrocerystore a dealer ive used many times.

Kit is simply fantastic.

The Flanker i have been waiting 25 years for is finally here.

Big thanks to GWH and all the great guys who put this project together so well.

Culmination of some great research.

Time to order a few more.

0FB01D0B-B46C-4BF2-A11B-7838A410F645.jpeg

Edited by dehowie
1 hour ago, dehowie said:

Just got my 4 from China via Ebay Dawngrocerystore a dealer ive used many times.

Kit is simply fantastic.

The Flanker i have been waiting 25 years for is finally here.

Big thanks to GWH and all the great guys who put this project together so well.

Culmination of some great research.

Time to order a few more.

Hi Dehowie,

I did a search to the Ebay seller you mention and I could not find anything.  Also, I was about to place an order with another seller but the delivery takes two months.

How come you got your kits this fast?

Do you mind telling us a little more about.

Thank you in advance.

Juan

7 hours ago, dehowie said:

0FB01D0B-B46C-4BF2-A11B-7838A410F645.jpeg

Hi, dehowie

Will you please tell me how much one box weighs alone, approx? I've found a courier in Miami that charges USD 65 every each 2.5 lb, so I'm intending to purchase this Flanker B and the Flanker UB kits from Great Wall Hobby in one shipment. Hope each box is under the 1.1 lb

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, and enjoy building your kits!

Gwen

42 minutes ago, Gwen Phoenix said:

Hi, dehowie

Will you please tell me how much one box weighs alone, approx? I've found a courier in Miami that charges USD 65 every each 2.5 lb, so I'm intending to purchase this Flanker B and the Flanker UB kits from Great Wall Hobby in one shipment. Hope each box is under the 1.1 lb

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, and enjoy building your kits!

Gwen

scalemates got the weight of the UB box at 2.69 lb. while hlj list it at almost 3 lb. Far from the 1.1 lb you're expecting. The vanilla flanker shouldn't be far from the same weight.

Edited by Inquisitor

Just weighed ine 1.446 KG…muktiply x 2.2 for pounds.

Yea Ebay is a mess. For a long time we couldnt order Quinta stuff as it was UK Ebay.

Someone else also chimed in took 2”5 weeks from China to Australia. The seller is very good used them for many Trumpeter and Hobbyboss orders.

Edited by dehowie
On 7/2/2021 at 7:13 PM, Inquisitor said:

scalemates got the weight of the UB box at 2.69 lb. while hlj list it at almost 3 lb. Far from the 1.1 lb you're expecting. The vanilla flanker shouldn't be far from the same weight.

Bummer... indeed! I guess I'll have to cancel my order. 

On 7/3/2021 at 9:55 AM, dehowie said:

Just weighed ine 1.446 KG…muktiply x 2.2 for pounds.

No way José... that'd mean paying $130+ just for shipping!

Thank lots gents.

Cheers,

Gwen

PS: How about wing washout on both kits when viewing the missile rail from the side?

On 7/5/2021 at 4:16 PM, cruiz said:

Luckymodel has it available now; maybe it is worth you to take a look at it.

They were available just for a little while, even when I ordered them and now they are on back order. I will probably will get my two in three or four months.

I have time, I'm working on a Trumpeter Su-24 with a lot of resin and a Kitty Hawk Su-30SM.  More likely I won't be done with them by the time I get the two I ordered.

Juan

5 hours ago, solher1 said:

They were available just for a little while, even when I ordered them and now they are on back order. I will probably will get my two in three or four months.

I have time, I'm working on a Trumpeter Su-24 with a lot of resin and a Kitty Hawk Su-30SM.  More likely I won't be done with them by the time I get the two I ordered.

Juan

That's right; they were out of stock when Carlos gently posted his piece of advice to me above. Three or four months... is that what it's going to take LuckyModel to replenish their stock? Seems like a lifetime.

Also, Juan; what resins are you working your Trumpy Fencer kit with, exactly? I was very disappointed at how awfully warped my Komplekt Zip forward fuselage correction set arrived in my doorstep - no use blaming the neighbour for that. :hmmm:Might there be any known fake casts of these bits out there on evilBay, by the way?

Any pictures of the washout in the GWH Flanker wingtips, please?

Cheers,

Gwen 

When I placed my order, the kit was still available.  When I checked the status of my order, then it was on back order. Odd, but I guess someone else got the last one/ones right before my order.

I say two to three months because I don't know when they will be back in stock and usually for surface shipping it takes like two months to arrive to where I live in the U.S.A.

Juan

1 hour ago, solher1 said:

When I placed my order, the kit was still available.  When I checked the status of my order, then it was on back order. Odd, but I guess someone else got the last one/ones right before my order.

I say two to three months because I don't know when they will be back in stock and usually for surface shipping it takes like two months to arrive to where I live in the U.S.A.

Juan

Something similar happened to me with another kit, I wrote to them to ask, and they told me that their system took it for someone else's order but, since mine was paid, they fixed it and sent me the kit a few days later. So I hope you can fix it too.