Great Wall Hobby G.W.H L4824 1/48 Su-27 “Flanker B” Heavy Fighter

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 4:44 PM, haneto said:

So the delivery man is already knocking everyone's door in China domestic market.

Received my 5 boxes today. 🙂 

The feeling of checking formal kit, is so different than the feeling when I got the sample kit several months ago.

01.thumb.JPG.7aad77cf4eb4aff0a71e7e5f4ea07521.JPG

(...)

Meanwhile 4 months later...

1484127870_OperaZrzutekranu_2021-10-30_142800_www.scalemates_com.png.d6d4318b4c6002eddfc36862138c8bdc.png

200.gif.22ecd65af644727e5d428fff6e0596aa.gif

Yes, it's crazy, isn't it, that this model that sooooo many people are anxiously awaiting here in the US is simply nowhere that we can purchase it!!  I have heard that the sea ports in California have container ships lined up for many miles, unable to offload, due to a variety of reason due to the COVID crisis.  Perhaps somewhere in that mass of ships are containers full of GWH Su-27 airplane models.  I've been waiting what seems like forever to buy one or more of these models.  However, you can buy the Tamiya updated F-14A kit from US dealers (I have 2 of those on their way to me now), and we heard about those kits after we heard about the single seat Su-27, so unless Mr. Tamiya has some clout in the shipping industry, it doesn't make sense that those airplanes are here, and the Su-27 is not.  It's frustrating!!!!

Tamiya comes from Japan. Anyway, companies like Border Model, Takom, RFM, Trumpeter, HB or Meng keep releasing/restocking their kits. Also worth to note that some shops in EU used to order small quantities like 10 kits by Air Mail just to start selling them right after release. Same happened with previous GWH kits, first small batches were available within a week after premiere, not to say shops had them in "soon"/"pre-order" tabs for like 1-2 months ahead - this is not the case with L4824, almost no shop even lists it as expected in future.

18 minutes ago, drake122 said:

That is quite the irony, as I live in central europe, my favorite hobby shop has the L4824 item in stock, but I don't want it as I am waiting for its 72nd scale brother.🤣

Do they ship to the US?  🙂

I ordered two from Lucky Model. Anfter waiting for 3 to 4 months, they finally shipped on September 23 via surface mail. The ETA is 1/1/1990.  Of course is a mistake but my guess is that I will get them by the end of December or middle of January 2022.

I”m OK with that. I paid $138.00 total for both which is not bad.

Juan

I'm sure it's a fine kit in terms of engineering and fit, which is one of the reasons I want it, in addition to the subject matter, of course.  Still, the absolute gold standard in terms of engineering and fit is Tamiya, which they have proven through the years, and the most recent kits they have put out (the P-38F/G, F-14A/D and F-4B) are just building upon that reputation for amazing fit and ease of build.  In my experience, the recent Eduard kits are a very close second in those areas.  I can only hope that the Su-27 comes close to that kind of build, though the reports of the level of detail of this GWH kit may make up for anything less than perfect fit.  I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.  I just hope the molds won't end up being worn out by the time we are actually able to get our hands on one of these!! 

15 hours ago, drake122 said:

Well, I don't know, but even if they do, shipping would probably cost you more than the kit.🤣

Unfortunately, you are probably correct.  I'll just have to sit on my hands like everyone else and hope that SOMEDAY, these models will be available through US distributors to US modelers.

1 hour ago, Curt B said:

Unfortunately, you are probably correct.  I'll just have to sit on my hands like everyone else and hope that SOMEDAY, these models will be available through US distributors to US modelers.

They only ship to EU countries + the UK, I just checked.

It is very sad to see that a kit into which so much work was put and has been released for, what about a year now and still it is hard to get hold off for modellers worldwide.    : (     : (     : (

I have no longer any connection with G.W.H so have no idea what is going on there but hope that the kit will be available to everyone who wants it! I did love to work on the development of this kit and proud of it!

At least here in Europe it is available with some companies like this one. Sorry they do sales in Europe only as far as I can tell. But here is a screen print, try to contact them.

vFCEauW.jpg

I know global distribution problems but still. . . 

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Drake 122

A year ago as a help to me a Czech modeller on a forum suggested to have a look at the MN shop when I was looking for the FineMolds Phantom kit.  I had a look at the shop. Ordered it and it arrived in 3 days with no post cost! The service from MN was excellent!!!

This is why I posted this screen shoot to help anyone looking for the Flanker kit. Exactly the same way as the Czech modeller helped me with showing a screen shot of MN page with the Phantom.

This is what forums are for, to help each other. As well as many other things.

Don’t remember the name of the Czech modeller but I can only thank him for his help!!!

I can only recommend if someone is looking for this Su-27 kit to look at the MN page, ask them. There could be a way!

Best regards

Gabor

What a pity, yesterday evening I wanted to order it along the Tamiya F-14A in this shop and... when I entered basket to do checkout I noticed that final price dropped by half. Then I realized someone bought last piece just a minute before me...

The kit is still available from a number of Ebay sellers, directly from China. I bought mine this way. Delivery took some time because China Post repeatedly sent it back to the seller due to lack of available flights but eventually it got here.

Cheers

J

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Not sure what the problem is.. our local hobby shop has 6 of them in stock on the shelf? 

su27788787.JPG

In the meantime.... I asked mid September, when the kit was already out for months, but not available in Europe.

Where is this shop?

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

In the meantime.... I asked mid September, when the kit was already out for months, but not available in Europe.

Where is this shop?

Agreed….where are you located and does your local store ship?  I’m in Las Vegas.

By the way, I just saw that Megahobby has them in stock…for $143.  No thanks, at that price…

Edited by Curt B