Academy 1/144 B-52H breaks cover

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

And GWH has announced release of their 1/144 B-52G without the strakelets, but with ALCM pylons and missiles in violation of the START treaty!  Luckymodel preoreder link (for viewing only, I am not necessarily endorsing LuckyModel, though Iam a happy customer).

Saw some listed on ebay the other day. Surprised me since I hadn't heard anything about them doing one.

Mike

2 hours ago, Dutch said:

And GWH has announced release of their 1/144 B-52G without the strakelets, but with ALCM pylons and missiles in violation of the START treaty!  Luckymodel preoreder link (for viewing only, I am not necessarily endorsing LuckyModel, though Iam a happy customer).

Saw that over at Hobby Search.  Disappointed that they didn’t include the strakelets, but maybe they will be separate part included in the box, just not shown on this particular CAD model.  Hopefully there is a conventional load in the box, either external or a loaded weapons bay, for the all gray DS bird.

I’d like to see Academy do it, because based on their B-52H, they’ll do it right.  But, their tail turret area isn’t a separate part like on the GWH kit, so they’d need a new fuselage.  I don’t know it they would do it.

1 hour ago, Gator52 said:

Thanks for the intel Dutch, hadn't seen that yet.  I like the decal options!

Chris

Chris,

Yeah! I am a little excited because it does not have the strakelets and has markings for Loring.  So I might have to get me one, or two!

Dutch

Surprised no one has picked up on the shape of the tail end of the fuselage? Both kits depict post phase VI upgrades but both kits depict the parallel 40" extension as a continuation of the taper. The academy wing tanks look awful to my eye..

Site with new pics of GWH "non-ALCM" B-52G - https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Great-L1009-Strategic-Bomber-Plastic/dp/B08ZD9VBN7

P.S. I was reading the thread here, but: what is better ? Academy or GWH ?

Thanks !

EDIT: I was looking at the decal options, and the only buildable machine OOB is so far 58-0183 "Valkyrie". Unless they add ALCM or "stub" pylons, you can not build other airframes (you can get "stub" pylons in GWH H kit L1008). And also 58-0195 "Eternal Guardian" is wrongly shown with SAC camo when it was in Mono .... oh well ...

EDIT 2: Updated my "Gulf how-to" Buff page - https://www.dstorm.eu/pages/build_instructions/b-52g_info_en.html Feel free to add/update/correct anything I was able to cobble together. 

Thanks !

Edited by JakubJakepilot
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...