BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!

9 hours ago, Nebbor said:

Hi Arnoud,

your inbox seems to be full, taking this route instead.

I saw you made a QF-4E conversion for GWH, will you do one for Hasegawa kits? Seems to be appropriate since it is the only OOB slatted F-4E at the moment. And also plans for a QF-4G? Preferably Hasegawa since the yet-to-be-released GWH kit has the dreaded extended slats.

TIA

Nebbor

GWH is releasing an F-4? Or is this wishful thinking!

On 7/16/2022 at 5:22 PM, Nebbor said:

Hi Arnoud,

your inbox seems to be full, taking this route instead.

I saw you made a QF-4E conversion for Zoukei-Mura , will you do one for Hasegawa kits? Seems to be appropriate since it is the only OOB slatted F-4E at the moment. And also plans for a QF-4G? Preferably Hasegawa since the yet-to-be-released Zoukei-Mura kit has the dreaded extended slats.

TIA

Nebbor

Thanks for your input Nebbor. You can reach me at arnaud@bam-models.com if the ARC box is full 😉

I'd be happy to adapt the QF-4 sets to the Hasegawa kits. The truth is I can't find a single slatted kit though, and I won't release a set I can't thoroughly test fit. The only Hasegawa Phantom I could find is an RF-4E and I don't think it has the same fuselage parts as the F-4E so I can't use that either 😞

Arnaud

11 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Thanks for your input Nebbor. You can reach me at arnaud@bam-models.com if the ARC box is full 😉

I'd be happy to adapt the QF-4 sets to the Hasegawa kits. The truth is I can't find a single slatted kit though, and I won't release a set I can't thoroughly test fit. The only Hasegawa Phantom I could find is an RF-4E and I don't think it has the same fuselage parts as the F-4E so I can't use that either 😞

Arnaud

Mail sent.

In the meantime we're glad to announce our last two releases before the summer break, the super agile F-15 ACTIVE and the Phoenix-carrying F-15B (Phoenix Missile Hypersonic Testbed)!

https://bam-models.com/product-category/f-15/

1280px-F15smtd01.jpg

Set contents:

52224134874_81f07bcf1a_c.jpg

332272main_ED06-0217-37_full.jpg

Set contents (Phoenix missile not included, there are plenty available out there from Tamiya, AMK, etc)

52215915728_3844be77f7_c.jpg

Edited by arnobiz

Just when I said the ACTIVE and Phoenix Eagles were our last releases before the summer, I decided to complete another project, NASA's F-15SBRDC/ECANS 😅

The NASA Eagles series is now complete I believe, you can build any of the aircraft provided in the Caracal sheet (plus the SBRDC/ECANS, for which I'll provide the vertical stab badge, all other markings are on the Caracal sheet)

52227595404_e34fffdb27_c.jpg

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Final NASA F-15 (surprise) set released - Summer break: last orders taken on July 20th!
On 7/19/2022 at 12:07 PM, arnobiz said:

Just when I said the ACTIVE and Phoenix Eagles were our last releases before the summer, I decided to complete another project, NASA's F-15SBRDC/ECANS 😅

The NASA Eagles series is now complete I believe, you can build any of the aircraft provided in the Caracal sheet (plus the SBRDC/ECANS, for which I'll provide the vertical stab badge, all other markings are on the Caracal sheet)

52227595404_e34fffdb27_c.jpg

How far apart are the GWH and the Hasegawa kits in dimensions?  In other words, can your kit be made to fit the GWH kit?

3 hours ago, swimmer25k said:

How far apart are the GWH and the Hasegawa kits in dimensions?  In other words, can your kit be made to fit the GWH kit?

I'm afraid they are quite different. I'm considering adapting the sets for the GWH kit but it would be quite an extensive process, not sure if it's worth it... The sets were originally meant to give a second life to the Hasegawa kits a lot of people have in their stash 😄

Arnobiz, 

I have read somewhere that the canopy for the GWH F-15   single seat, in 1/48th scale, is wrong. Would you consider producing a new one?

Brad

Edited by Bsin
7 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

Hi Brad,

Haneto did it some time ago, I'm not sure if it is still available?

Arnaud

Yes, I know. I don't think it's available anymore.  That's why I asked if you would be interested in doing one. I don't think Haneto is interested in making anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Your exhausts are inaccurate.  Your model has interlocking petals like on a standard PW exhaust (bottom picture).  

The Active exhaust is completely different.  Each petal tucks underneath one adjacent petal and gets the same treatment from its other neighbor. This allows the nozzle to swivel on three axes.   

I’ve attached two photos below.  It’s abundantly clear that this is the case. 

You’ve advised on Facebook that this is an illusion.  I respectfully disagree.  Please show us what your using to come to your conclusion. 

82E8A559-49A5-4A27-B3AE-AD67D159AC5B.jpeg

C501093D-7A3B-497F-9447-51BE9EA497DD.jpeg

11D1B73A-6635-4D0E-8D44-CDE3C3E19BE1.jpeg

4 hours ago, swimmer25k said:

Here’s a closer photo showing the petal configuration.  It’s different than the regular PW. 

7E4D9BAE-84C4-4109-845C-1A990E6C9003.jpeg

Nope, your perception of the petals is wrong. You're clearly not zoom-in in enough and not paying attention to each of the edges/borders of each petal. It's clearly interlocked despite your game of drawing red lines. I can do better.

2145035173_82E8A559-49A5-4A27-B3AE-AD67D159AC5B.jpeg.fd3379de200087e65049508d9d2dbbd6b.jpg.18548bf4b1134c4857da82dd382aefdf.jpg

The second pic, what you see as a illusion of being adjacent because you're only paying attention to the lateral ones visible which, which are slightly angled downwards due to the vector trust resting position making their edge/corners look adjacent. but if you zoom-in on the right side one on the bottom ones you can clearly see the edges interlocked.430792939_82E8A559-49A5-4A27-B3AE-AD67D159AC5B.jpeg.fd3379de200087e65049508d9d2dbbd6c.thumb.jpg.e7dbbb5a880e6959a3c0189f8a157915.jpg

Exactly, one more picture to settle it once and for all. I will now remove your eroneous claims from BAM's FB page.

You may not realize how much this kind of behaviour can hurt small producers but I wish you refrained from behaving like unless you had serious knowledge to back up your claims.

For the record I noticed a flaw on one of my sets two months ago and sent a fully corrected set for free to all who had ordered it, so it's not like I'm not listening to feedback.

FB_IMG_1659380551264.jpg

• 1 month later...

Our next release will be the Rafale M integrated ladder for the 1/48 Revell kit! While the Rafale M boxing is difficult to find nowadays, the C boxing contains all that's needed to make an M and decals are readily available from SyHart, DXM, Model Alliance. The upcoming reboxing of the Revell kit by Academy will also include M markings 🙂

52333358936_19a3ab51e3_c.jpg

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - 1/48 Rafale M integrated ladder coming soon!

Hi Arnold, 

I’m looking to purchase the Rafale update sets you do as in intakes, exhausts and F-3R update,  but notice that “the48ers” are out of stock. Do you know when they will restock or can I order direct from you?

Regards

10 hours ago, scotthldr said:

Hi Arnold, 

I’m looking to purchase the Rafale update sets you do as in intakes, exhausts and F-3R update,  but notice that “the48ers” are out of stock. Do you know when they will restock or can I order direct from you?

Regards

You can order directly from me quite easily using BAM's online shop: bam-models.com 😉

Thanks,

Arnaud

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to report on a few interesting new releases this past week, for F-16 prototypes and for the Rafale:

52366638965_caac9d98e3_c.jpg

52366212766_2e38518302_c.jpg

52366213206_2dc2c71a18_c.jpg

This is what the kit vents look like...

52366526219_b04b301c20_c.jpg

Looking forward to your feedback,

Arnaud 

_big_Rails.ctb

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - New 1/48 F-16 and Rafale sets!

Hey Arnaud, I was wondering if there is a consideration of making QF-4 conversion and F-16 Anti-spin chute sets in 1/32.

To be honest, I would love to have your F-15 (Next Gen, NASA) sets in 1/32 as well for the Tamiya Eagle. 

Anyway, thanks for doing odd stuff that no one else is touching. 😉

Hello,

Thanks for the input. I'm afraid I decided not to do much 1/32 stuff: I will release a F-15SG set but my experience in scales other than 1/48 has not been great.

Niche topics don't mix well with other scales: a niche within a niche means large development time and tiny sales 😞

That being said, if you're willing to pay development upfront we can talk 😉

Arnaud

Arnaud, I understand where you are coming from. After all you have you think about business. 1/32 is great to have but compare to 1/48 or 1/72 it’s sales are down. I was in your website but found not find your email. Perhaps viewing on my iPhone might create limitations. So, can you provide email addy so we can continue to chat off board? TIA

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!