BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!

It could be considered for sure, although I believe there are two variants: the early one, sometimes fitted to Israeli F-15Bs (and found in Hasegawa E kits) and the later one (used on the E), sometimes fitted to Cs (and found in GWH E and I kits). Which one would you need?

I'm not aware of there being two different FAST packs. To me the FAST pack was the early tank with the 4 air-to-air missile stations. Sometimes used by the 57th FIS based in Iceland or the IDF.  I thought these were the same design, or are you telling me there were two variants of the air-to-air style conformal tank?   These are the ones that I would suggest as a product.  They cannot be found outside of the Hasegawa F-15E kits.  I'd like to build a 57th FIS F-15C with Fast Packs and 4 Sparrows mounted to it.

I consider a F-15 CFT the later F-15E conformal tank with up to 6 BRUs  as well as 4 air-to-air ejectors along the bottom long pylon.  The only time I'm aware of this being fitted to USAF C models is some testing like this story  

FAST Pack = air-to-air  F-15C/D

CFT = air-to-ground  F-15E/I/S/EX etc

Edited by Crash Test Dummy
27 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

It could be considered for sure, although I believe there are two variants: the early one, sometimes fitted to Israeli F-15Bs (and found in Hasegawa E kits) and the later one (used on the E), sometimes fitted to Cs (and found in GWH E and I kits). Which one would you need?

The early ones please, that the Israelis use on all their F-15A/B/C & D's. This is the original CFT's btw. I believe there is suttle differences between the CFT's between Hasegawa, Academy and GWH's release of the F-15 which may call for each brand having their own "version"

The ones for the F-15E comes with the E-kits from most manufacturers, and hence less needed as you will get one when/if buying an E. Also the Israelis don't use this type, only the early ones. It was only test fittet to an F-15C of the 159FW 122FS leading up to the F-15EX coming to life, but never carried operationally. 

• 1 month later...
  • arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - TISEO and belly strap for the 1/48 Meng Phantoms released!

Regarding "Fighter" CFTs, I saved this info:

During Gulf war, a handful of CFT Type-1s were transferred to Saudi Arabia from USAF stocks. They were manufactured in Israel (as are all CFTs).
They were the older "fighter" CFTs, capable to carry A2A missiles only on stations 3C, 4C, 6C and 7C with LAU-106 adapters.

(you can see them on some USAF planes (AK, BT, FF, IS and ZZ tail codes) or more recently on Israeli F-15A/B/C/D jets.)
All F-15C/Ds manufactured for Saudi Arabia were CFT Type-1 capable.

Btw, below is an F-15C configured with CFT, but as the plane has "thick" AN/ALQ-128 antenna cover on top of the left vertical stabiliser, it is a plane transferred from USAF stocks just before Gulf war (CR or BT). If anyone has any idea about the video or has any other info regarding Saudi F-15Cs with CFTs, please, share. It is superrare stuff. Thanks.

saudi_f-15c_fast_pack.jpg

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - French airborne nuclear missile ASMP-A released, with pylons for Rafale and Mirage 2000N!
On 2/27/2023 at 4:59 PM, JakubJakepilot said:

Regarding "Fighter" CFTs, I saved this info:

During Gulf war, a handful of CFT Type-1s were transferred to Saudi Arabia from USAF stocks. They were manufactured in Israel (as are all CFTs).
They were the older "fighter" CFTs, capable to carry A2A missiles only on stations 3C, 4C, 6C and 7C with LAU-106 adapters.

(you can see them on some USAF planes (AK, BT, FF, IS and ZZ tail codes) or more recently on Israeli F-15A/B/C/D jets.)
All F-15C/Ds manufactured for Saudi Arabia were CFT Type-1 capable.

Btw, below is an F-15C configured with CFT, but as the plane has "thick" AN/ALQ-128 antenna cover on top of the left vertical stabiliser, it is a plane transferred from USAF stocks just before Gulf war (CR or BT). If anyone has any idea about the video or has any other info regarding Saudi F-15Cs with CFTs, please, share. It is superrare stuff. Thanks.

saudi_f-15c_fast_pack.jpg

I started working on the CFTs, pretty tricky but it may happen - not my top priority at the moment though 😉

I'm very glad to announce the release of the French airborne nuclear missile ASMP-A, as carried by the Mirage 2000N (until decommissionning) and now the Rafale B (Armée de l'Air) and M (Aéronavale)!

The locating bits are sized for the Revell (Rafale) and Kinetic (Mirage 2000) kits but it's easy to remove them and use the sets on other kits (Hobby Boss Rafale and Heller Mirage 2000N for example)

https://bam-models.com/product/1-48-asmp-a/

Mirage 2000N set:
52743267174_a238ef717f_c.jpg

Rafale B/M set:

52743502673_b52c353ca1_c.jpg

Arnaud

Edited by arnobiz
  • 1 month later...

Just got my BAM models spin chutes and the F-14 access ladder yesterday. All I can say is the service from Arnaud is great and highly recommended. The parts look amazing and will look great once I decide which kits I will use the Chutes on.

Thank you

Emil 

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your positive feedback!

I realize I did not mention it here but I released a bunch of upgrade/update parts for the Testors/Italeri U-2R/S, maybe it is of interest to some of you 🙂

Here are a couple of pictures, there are more parts than these (notably both ASARS 2 and SYERS noses!)

52680759865_07d5e33cea_b.jpg

52680820863_0fff6e214c_b.jpg

Arnaud

Edited by arnobiz

Great news Arnaud; I'm interested in those U-2 parts but still searching for info on which are the correct combinations of pod-nose-radome.

I recently got Italeri's TR version and want to upgrade it to the S; are you planning more accessories for it? Like the instrument panel, the seat, or even the windshield.

And to finalize, I agree with the comments above; always an excellent service from BAM-Models.

7 hours ago, cruiz said:

still searching for info on which are the correct combinations of pod-nose-radome.

I'm not sure if there is a "correct" combination: I have many pictures showing the same airframe with or without Super Pods, with any of the regular/ASARS-2/SYERES noses, with or without the Senior Span dorsal pod... There are thus two approaches here:

1. Look for a picture of the aircraft you want to represent, taken on the day you want to represent it (yes, it does vary from one day to the next)
  2. Pick a configuration you like and build your aircraft that way - chances are, it happened at some point!
7 hours ago, cruiz said:

I recently got Italeri's TR version and want to upgrade it to the S; are you planning more accessories for it? Like the instrument panel, the seat, or even the windshield.

Frameless windshield and IP are 95% done, for the seat you can use Hypersonic's excellent SR-71 seats set, it's the same as the U-2 😉

9 hours ago, arnobiz said:

I'm not sure if there is a "correct" combination: I have many pictures showing the same airframe with or without Super Pods, with any of the regular/ASARS-2/SYERES noses, with or without the Senior Span dorsal pod... There are thus two approaches here:

That's good to know; I'm not aiming for a particular aircraft; I just want not to be inaccurate; I'll go for something that looks good to my eyes.

9 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Frameless windshield and IP are 95% done, for the seat you can use Hypersonic's excellent SR-71 seats set, it's the same as the U-2 😉

Great news, I'll wait to order the full Happy Meal then; I didn't know the seats were the same. I'll get them for sure.

Thank you, Arnaud.

• 2 weeks later...

If you've had this fancy conversion set on your mind for a long time but lost hope it would ever come to light, now may be your time!

We just launched our very first ideas crowdsourcing campaign for BAM's next release! 10 days to give your input and what you'd like us to work on next, followed by a poll on the best (most fancy while feasible) ideas:

https://bam-models.com/bam_dreamcatcher1/

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM Dreamcatcher #1: and you, what's your 1/48 dream conversion set?
44 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

Put mine in.

Does yout TIESO fit any non-Meng models?

Thanks!

The TISEO will fit the ZM kit without much fuss, not sure about Hasegawa as I don't have it 😉

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Meng Super Hornet seamless intakes and U-2R/S details

Here are the latest 1/48 releases from BAM!

Seamless intakes for the Meng Super Hornet/Growler (no seam, much better detail on the first compressor stage)

52871973893_f2c4fd559b_b.jpg

52871534266_566b893ac3_b.jpg

Last U-2R/S update parts for the Testors/Italeri kits:

RAMP IP and coaming:

52870955032_4c1fe079ce_b.jpg

Frameless windshield:

52871703264_1d0b366d40_b.jpg

Recently added spine antennae behind the cockpit:

52871533596_080bf70cc2_b.jpg

Edited by arnobiz
14 hours ago, Youngtiger1 said:

Nice to see some U-2 love. 

Glad you appreciate it, it's such a special aircraft!

The Super Hornet intakes prototypes were grey as shown earlier, the regular production is white which will make painting them much easier 😎

52874748998_a7de671a84_b.jpg

52874749008_9c06fa8a0a_b.jpg

Edited by arnobiz
Our self-adhesive, thin belly strap for the Meng F-4 series is getting company! From now on it will come as a revised version (BAM48058v2) comprising the original belly strap and the horizontal tails reinforcement plates with full rivets, as Meng represents these with flush panel lines only 😕

If you ordered the legacy set and you need the reinforcement plates (note: Not all Phantoms had them! For example, as far as I know, Israeli Kurnasses don't), please leave a comment on your next order and I'll make sure you get them 😉

If your order is currently processing you'll get the new version automatically, no action required 🙂

52885508936_0b58641673_b.jpg

52885955103_d70d94af77_b.jpg

Edited by arnobiz
  • arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!