BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!

The polls are open, have your say on BAM's next releases! Lots of tempting ideas, hard to prioritize :D

I need lots of votes to make it representative so please share the link, the more votes the more likely this is likely to happen!

https://bam-models.com/bam-dreamcatcher-1-the-ideas/

Thank you,

Arnaud

On 5/10/2023 at 7:02 AM, arnobiz said:
Our self-adhesive, thin belly strap for the Meng F-4 series is getting company! From now on it will come as a revised version (BAM48058v2) comprising the original belly strap and the horizontal tails reinforcement plates with full rivets, as Meng represents these with flush panel lines only 😕

If you ordered the legacy set and you need the reinforcement plates (note: Not all Phantoms had them! For example, as far as I know, Israeli Kurnasses don't), please leave a comment on your next order and I'll make sure you get them 😉

If your order is currently processing you'll get the new version automatically, no action required 🙂

52885508936_0b58641673_b.jpg

52885955103_d70d94af77_b.jpg

Also Iranian F-4E didnt have these.

Can’t believe my AB-212ASW suggestion, a widespread used airframe didn’t make the cut, but the F-16U, F-15XX and F-104 VTOL did🤷‍♂️

Edited by scotthldr

6 hours ago, scotthldr said:

Can’t believe my AB-212ASW suggestion, a widespread used airframe didn’t make the cut, but the F-16U, F-15XX and F-104 VTOL did🤷‍♂️

At least makes two of us that asked for the AB-212ASW... And yes, it is sad that till today, we don't have a representative model of it in 1/48 scale. 

Well, to keep waiting until Italeri issues the one they announced about 4 years ago (maybe more).

Have a good one.

JFG

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Arnaud, 

Any chance of a new F-16C IP with central display unit (CDU) for the Tamiya 1/48 kit?
The new Kinetic kit has this in their kits, however sorely needed also for the Tamiya F-16C, and you did a fine job on the F-15C/E IP's 

9 hours ago, Niels said:

Any chance of a new F-16C IP with central display unit (CDU) for the Tamiya 1/48 kit?

Definitely!

8 hours ago, Da SWO said:

Poll results?

Tonight 🙂

20 minutes ago, Atsaousis said:

Any chance to produce F-16 airbrakes (as there are deployed on the ground) for the Tamiya 1/48 kit?

Does Eduard not already make these?

51 minutes ago, Niels said:

@arnobiz Thanks, any idea on when it could be available? 😜 

I'd say 2-3 months, I put them in the development pipeline which was already quite busy 😉

1 minute ago, arnobiz said:

Does Eduard not already make these?

I meant 3d printed airbrakes...
Eduard produced 3d printed airbrakes for Kinetic kit,and the old fashioned Brasin airbrakes set for the Tamiya one

And the winner is, by quite a wide margin, the Tomcat 21! I will work on it as my main project for the coming weeks, expect a release by end of June 😉

The other ideas did not fall on a deaf man's ear, expect to see a few of them pop up in the BAM release stream soon too 😉
On 5/26/2023 at 3:55 PM, Atsaousis said:

I meant 3d printed airbrakes...
Eduard produced 3d printed airbrakes for Kinetic kit,and the old fashioned Brasin airbrakes set for the Tamiya one

...unless there was a specific error on the Brassin parts I don't understand why cast resin is suddenly not good anymore and considered "old fashioned"?

Seems bit like when everyone was buying their whole record collection for a second time when the CD came out...Today CDs are nearly worthless while the vinyl market booms.

The vast majority, if not all, Brassin parts are produced from CAD designed and 3D printed masters anyway...?

18 minutes ago, JeffreyK said:

...unless there was a specific error on the Brassin parts I don't understand why cast resin is suddenly not good anymore and considered "old fashioned"?

Seems bit like when everyone was buying their whole record collection for a second time when the CD came out...Today CDs are nearly worthless while the vinyl market booms.

The vast majority, if not all, Brassin parts are produced from CAD designed and 3D printed masters anyway...?

I quite agree with Jeffrey: if existing resin parts are not to today's standards it makes sense to do better, but in this case I don't see the value-add and would rather spend time developing new, exciting subjects 😉

7 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

I quite agree with Jeffrey: if existing resin parts are not to today's standards it makes sense to do better, but in this case I don't see the value-add and would rather spend time developing new, exciting subjects 😉

LIKE 🙂

1 hour ago, JeffreyK said:

well... the error was on me, when in my attempt to assemble the airbrakes in their place (deployed) I could not understand the instructions (regarding the exact position of their placement) and as a result I broke them....
For this reason, I called them them in this way 

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - F-111 Triple Plow I seamless intakes and RF-111C recce pack released - early bird prices until tonight!

I've been busy ever since I received the Hobby Boss F-111C kit last month, and I'm now very excited to release the first two sets for it!

Triple Plow I seamless intakes for the F-111A, EF-111A, F-111C and RF-111C (plus one FB-111A!):

2023-05-31_00001

RF-111C recce pack (pre-cut clear windows will be included of course):

2023-05-31_00001

Here is the link for the Ardvaark fans ;)

https://bam-models.com/product-category/f-111/

Thanks for looking,

Arnaud

Arnaud, you seem to search in my models' stash for all the accessories I need for them.

20 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Thumbs up on the F-111 intakes.  Now we just need corrected deployed flaps for the HB kit.

Are you referring to the mid-section with the wrong reversed tapering? Or are there more errors? Either way is a good idea.

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!