BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!

Well I've been busy recently:

Rafale A (Heller)

• Seamless intakes
  • M88 and F404 exhausts (two sets: two F404s for the early test phase, F404 on the right and M88 on the left for the M88 test campaign)

50949175016_938391275d_z.jpg

50948470548_7d5cd1c839_z.jpg

Rafale C (Revell) M88 exhausts

Eurofighter (Revell) seamless intakes

F-16C Barak tail art masks (Two references, one siwed for Tamiya the other for Kinetic) so the sand-coloured markings are the same shade as the camo :)

50949275387_b92de56d7b_z.jpg

50948471653_3ee1edd0b4_z.jpg

All should be available by end of week 🥳

Arnaud

Edited by arnobiz
5 hours ago, is it windy yet? said:

Arnaud,

Looks nice.  I am holding off ordering until I see what you make next. Then young next product makes me wait until I see the next and so on and so on.  I am wondering if you are planning anything for the cockpit, especially the seat of the Revell Rafale?

Ron

Lol, thanks Ron. Don't hesitate to order a first batch, shipping is free above 50 euros anyway 😉

I actually find the kit seat quite decent but since you're not the only one asking about it I must have too simple tastes 😂 I'll have a second look then!

In the meantime the only other Rafale-related item in the pipeline is the ASMP-A + its pylon, then hopefully the museums will re-open and I'll be able to get the info I need to push on the Mirage 2000 front 😉

Edited by arnobiz
  • 2 weeks later...

The Rafale A intakes are released and ready for order!

• They bring much more detail than the kit parts - the Heller kit offers a blank wall as intakes
  • They are a drop fit, just a tiny bit of sanding of the kit parts is required (3 minutes worth of work in my test :)) compared to massive sanding/filling required with the kit parts, as shown here

51015880677_682950842a_z.jpg

51015788491_8916ba8f3d_z.jpg

These will combine nicly with the recently released exhausts (early and late) to finally give this otherwise nice kit of an awesome prototype justice!

On 2/18/2021 at 10:00 PM, is it windy yet? said:

Arnaud,

Looks nice.  I am holding off ordering until I see what you make next. Then young next product makes me wait until I see the next and so on and so on.  I am wondering if you are planning anything for the cockpit, especially the seat of the Revell Rafale?

Ron

This right here is one of the biggest problems hurting small one man operations, especially those just starting out like Arnaud. Does it ever occur to some that 'waiting' for the 'next' release is sometimes the reason the next release never happens?

If he is producing something you like, get it now! That way he can build his capital and invest in more materials and continue to grow. 

Thanks Dave. No harm done at all, Ron actually ordered last week, his parcel is on the way over the pond 🙂

The issue is actually that at the moment I release new items quite regularly, so if one always wait for the next one might wait quite a long while 😄

In any case, thanks everyone for your support it's great to have such a community to rely on for inputs and patronage - it makes a world of difference!

Arnaud

1 hour ago, arnobiz said:

Thanks Dave. No harm done at all, Ron actually ordered last week, his parcel is on the way over the pond 🙂

The issue is actually that at the moment I release new items quite regularly, so if one always wait for the next one might wait quite a long while 😄

In any case, thanks everyone for your support it's great to have such a community to rely on for inputs and patronage - it makes a world of difference!

Arnaud

No worries and my response was more of a generalization and not directed at him specifically.

On 2/16/2021 at 9:41 AM, arnobiz said:

Rafale A (Heller)

• Seamless intakes
  • M88 and F404 exhausts (two sets: two F404s for the early test phase, F404 on the right and M88 on the left for the M88 test campaign)

F-16C Barak tail art masks (Two references, one siwed for Tamiya the other for Kinetic) so the sand-coloured markings are the same shade as the camo :)

Arnaud

Can't see these on your site.  Are they released yet ?

7 hours ago, Piker38 said:

Can't see these on your site.  Are they released yet ?

Yep, I put them online yesterday. Here is the link, maybe your cache is playing tricks (happens to me all the time 😂)

On 2/16/2021 at 9:41 AM, arnobiz said:

Rafale A (Heller)

• Seamless intakes

Arnaud

Sorry, I meant these masks... ?

Just now, Piker38 said:

Sorry, I meant these masks... ?

I'm getting the wrong 'quote' coming up... I'm actually after the masks for the Israeli F-16 units, 'Scorpions' etc...

Ha sorry! They are available, just let me know which ones you'd like 🙂 They are 4 euros/set + P&P (3 euros for masks only as they fit in a regular enveloppe and weight nothing 😉 )

A couple of weeks ago I got the BAM Rafale Intakes and the Rafale correction set from the 48ers, both are very nice. I can recommend BAM products, which can be bought with confidence.

I am now looking forward to the 1:32 Mirage 2000 intakes. Beside this, can you measure please the length of the forward canopy at the museum, which is supposed to be too long in the M2000C kit. In the later released M2000D/N kit from Kitty Hawk, the forward canopy apparently is corrected while it is considerably shorter. 

Is a corrected forward canopy for the M2000C a possible future correction set from BAM, either as clear resin or vacuformed part?

• 5 months later...
I am planning to build the Hellenic Air Force's Rafale F3R in 1/48 SCALE (Revell's kit) . I have already purchased the upgrade to F3R set (BAM48002) and the seamless intakes (BAM48009) 
The Revell's kit is representing the F2 version. As far as I know the are differences on the wingtip pylons amongst the two Rafale versions
I wonder if are you planning to produce the F3R wingtip pylons for Revell kit in 1/48 scale 
Thanks in advance

On 3/8/2021 at 4:42 AM, Dave Roof said:

This right here is one of the biggest problems hurting small one man operations, especially those just starting out like Arnaud. Does it ever occur to some that 'waiting' for the 'next' release is sometimes the reason the next release never happens?

If he is producing something you like, get it now! That way he can build his capital and invest in more materials and continue to grow. 

Dave's got a good point here. As soon as something pops up I want, I try to get it ASAP. BTW, thanks for getting the F-4B Phantom II Fin Cap with AN/APR-25 RHAW Antenna (TAM kit) delivered so fast.

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Next generation F-15 conversion sets released

Hello Arnaud

I have the Revell kit and Caracal decals for Lakenheath eagles of the 2016-2018 time period. Unfortunately, I know very little about versions; could any of your new releases be used for this? or are you planning something different for modern USAF eagles for the Revell kit?

Carlos

Hello Carlos,

You would most likely need the new wheels if you plan on building your F-15E wheels down, the LAU128/ADU552 pylons (BAM48015) and I will release a small update set for the Revell kit very soon (new instrument panels, MTU and JFS exhaust essentially, very similar to the GWH F-15E update set BAM48012)

Best,

Arnaud

• 4 weeks later...
  • arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!