BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!

On 9/30/2021 at 1:11 AM, arnobiz said:

Wooooo the Tamiya 1/32 F-15E I ordered 3 months ago finally left Hong Kong yesterday, I should have it in 1-2 months - large scale F-15SG and EX are not so far in the future 🙂

In the meantime the the 1/72 F-15SG conversion set is available 😉

They look great Arnaud, I'll pick up a set as well as the Rafale exhausts to support the cause.

Looking forward to the stations 1&9 in the future as well!

Hoops

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

They look great Arnaud, I'll pick up a set as well as the Rafale exhausts to support the cause.

Looking forward to the stations 1&9 in the future as well!

Hoops

Thank you! Please note that the pre-order for the newly released 1/48 F-15EX conversion set for Revell-Monogram ends today 😉

On 9/5/2021 at 2:05 AM, arnobiz said:

Hello Carlos,

You would most likely need the new wheels if you plan on building your F-15E wheels down, the LAU128/ADU552 pylons (BAM48015) and I will release a small update set for the Revell kit very soon (new instrument panels, MTU and JFS exhaust essentially, very similar to the GWH F-15E update set BAM48012)

Best,

Arnaud

Thanks, Arnaud; I'll keep an eye on your page to get one set when it's available.

Seen the quality of your products, may I suggest a replacement for the F-117 intakes in 1/48, not full-depth ones, just the mesh at the front for future development. The Tamiya kit lacks the depth to convey a sense of realism, and the photoetch alternatives don't capture the very peculiar geometry they have.

A product like this may be at the limit of resin printing, and I don't know how popular it will be, but I certainly get one if it becomes available.

Regards

Carlos

On 10/5/2021 at 4:54 AM, cruiz said:

Thanks, Arnaud; I'll keep an eye on your page to get one set when it's available.

Seen the quality of your products, may I suggest a replacement for the F-117 intakes in 1/48, not full-depth ones, just the mesh at the front for future development. The Tamiya kit lacks the depth to convey a sense of realism, and the photoetch alternatives don't capture the very peculiar geometry they have.

A product like this may be at the limit of resin printing, and I don't know how popular it will be, but I certainly get one if it becomes available.

Regards

Carlos

I happen to have an F-117A in the stash so it might well be an option 🙂

2 hours ago, karl h said:

what about the 1:32 mirage intakes? thanx

They will come (I have two 1/32 M2000s in the stash so I'll definitely make them ;)), just not this year. Too many projects, too little time 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

For our one-year anniversary we are very excited to released 7 bundles grouping our most popular products with a 12-16% discount on regular prices:

• 6 packages covering the F-15 latest variants (SG, SA and EX/QA) for the 1/48 GWH or Revell-Monogram kits, including our premium conversion sets, Caracal decals and (for the SA and EX/QA) the new wheels
  • 1 Rafale package including seamless intakes, 3D-printed exhausts and F3R update/upgrade set

Stocks are limited so enjoy while they last!

Thank you for your support for the first year, looking forward to the next!

Arnaud

Edited by arnobiz
  • arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - 1-year anniversary specials (F-15SG, F-15SA, F-15EX/QA, Rafale)
  • 4 weeks later...

This week we are releasing a full conversion set to build the mighty F-15 STOL/MTD NASA demonstrator 🙂 using the 1/48 Hasegawa F-15D kit as a basis. Pre-orders end on Tuesday 23rd November midnight 😉

The set is super comprehensive and contains, from tail to nose:

• 2x Specific tail booms
  • 2x 2D vectoring nozzles
  • 8x Fairings to blend the 2D nozzles in the F-15 fuselage
  • 1x Early F-15 spine
  • 2x Canards
  • 2x Canard shoulders
  • 2x Canard actuators
  • 1x Nose test probe

Here are a couple of pictures of some of the parts, the rest is coming soon!

51662038829_b9383e2fbb_c.jpg

51676522896_b13a975138_c.jpg

51684989169_55ea7c1e56_c.jpg

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - F-15 STOL/MTD 1/48 full conversion set released!
29 minutes ago, Gary F said:

Are the 2-D nozzles sided, ie, does it matter which side they get installed on on the kit?

On the real aircraft, the nozzles are identical, but there are some differences in the fairings between the nozzles and the tail booms when compared to a normal F-15.

If Arnaud included these fairings differences in the print, I would say their sided. If it's just the nozzle, then I'd say it's not.

Hopefully he'll be able to answer.

Hoops

1 hour ago, Gary F said:

Thanks.  I was thinking if the nozzle parts were symmetrical I might be able to use them elsewhere, individually. Either way, I’ve wanted to do one of these for many years. 

Thinking F-16 maybe? 🤩

On 11/22/2021 at 8:24 AM, arnobiz said:

This week we are releasing a full conversion set to build the mighty F-15 STOL/MTD NASA demonstrator 🙂 using the 1/48 Hasegawa F-15D kit as a basis. Pre-orders end on Tuesday 23rd November midnight 😉

The set is super comprehensive and contains, from tail to nose:

• 2x Specific tail booms
  • 2x 2D vectoring nozzles
  • 8x Fairings to blend the 2D nozzles in the F-15 fuselage
  • 1x Early F-15 spine
  • 2x Canards
  • 2x Canard shoulders
  • 2x Canard actuators
  • 1x Nose test probe

Here are a couple of pictures of some of the parts, the rest is coming soon!

51662038829_b9383e2fbb_c.jpg

51676522896_b13a975138_c.jpg

51684989169_55ea7c1e56_c.jpg

Very interesting ! Possible to have in 1/72 scale ? 

• arnobiz changed the title to BAM News - Universal intakes for the Hasegawa 1/48 Phantoms released!