Shipping delays

I know it sounds incredible, but you know I am not making this up 🙂 . 

Inclement winter weather in Texas has caused service interruptions everywhere, including USPS - who skipped their weekly scheduled pickup today. I don't know when they will be able to pick them up; but if you received a shipping notification and do not see any movement in the tracking history, please rest assured that your envelope is here and will be picked up by USPS eventually. 

Edited by KursadA
7 minutes ago, Corey said:

How was the weather at your place Kursad?  Did you loose power for a long time?

There is perhaps a foot of snow on the ground; but thankfully we did not lose power in my neighborhood anytime. The power outage has been going on for more than 36 hours in some Austin neighborhoods now..

Edited by KursadA
On 2/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, Corey said:

Wow!  A foot of snow in Austin area is paralyzing!

I kinda wish we had that snow in Colorado, we could use it here!

Take care and be safe!

You getting that foot of snow now Corey?   Dumping here in the Springs.   And the weather service is saying South Texas has more snow on the way.   Crazy stuff.

11 minutes ago, Drifterdon said:

You getting that foot of snow now Corey?   Dumping here in the Springs.   And the weather service is saying South Texas has more snow on the way.   Crazy stuff.

it started snowing an hour ago here in Louisville.  They are saying only 2-4 here now.  Wish it were more!

I feel bad for Texas, I know how it gets there in this kind of weather.

I'm in the DFW area.  I maintain and repair medical equipment for a living.  I can't get replacement parts because FedEx isn't flying. I can't get to/from hospitals because I can't find gasoline.  I have no heat and no water at home so no bathing, no laundry, and let's not talk about flushing toilets.  I do have cold beer - very cold beer...  🙂

We had a short power outage,  my MiL 5 miles away was without power for 30 hours, so we shipped her to LaVernia to be with my SiL.

I have a small generator that is my hurricane power, and now it's a winter generator. 

San Antonio was under a modified boil water warning.

I really feel for the folks in Georgetown and Austin.

Good luck @KursadA

On 2/16/2021 at 5:20 PM, viking73 said:

Gotta love the crazy Texas weather.  It was 0 degrees here this morning and supposed to be 60 degrees by Sunday 🤣

Same here in Louisiana, Freezing temps and snow early morning then mid 60's to low 70's in the afternoon, except this week!

Stay warm!

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

Just a few inches of snow in Houston, though most of Tuesday and yesterday I had no power.  Didn't lose water but we're under a boil water notice.  Grocery stores lost almost all of their produce and there's been a run on bread, milk, ramen(!), and any refridgerated packaged goods like lunch meat.

I'm thankful for my hurricane lamp.

We're supposed to have another freezing blast tomorrow, then back to our regular weather programming.

Edited by Slartibartfast

Thanks for your kind comments and patience - life is getting back to normal, and I hope USPS will come and pick up the remaining orders in two batches on Tuesday and Thursday. Your orders should be on their way to you before the end of the week. 

USPS just picked up most of the remaining packages. There are a couple dozen left that were delayed because I ran out of shipping supplies during the Texas snow storm, but I willl make sure all of the remaining orders will go out this weekend.

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...

Folks,

I don't have any unshipped orders except those I received in the last 4 days. I caught up with shipping last week, and USPS picked up everything on Tuesday (March 2).

However, I am getting e-mails from many of you who checked the USPS tracking info and did not see any movement.

My only guess is that they have not yet scanned them into the system for some reason. However, rest assured that any order I received before March 1 is in the hands of USPS.

I will keep checking and will let you know when they scan these envelopes and packages in.

• 9 months later...

Once again I am swamped with too many orders - the interest for the latest batch was beyond belief, and now orders for the SR-71 reprints are flooding in. Realistically I should be able to clear the backlog in about 10-12 days or so. Old hands know they always get their decals, but for the newer customers: please be patient, and I am shipping your orders as soon as possible.

22 hours ago, KursadA said:

Still working through the massive mountain of orders - it is going well and I should be done within the next week. Stay tuned.

Got my ship notice today, thanks for your hard work.

A couple hundred orders being picked up by USPS today; so you can expect movement in the USPS tracking history on Thursday/Friday.

Larger (>$100) orders require a box and will take me a few more days to ship completely. It looks like I will be done with almost everything from US / Europe this weekend.

Australia/NZ orders are still a messy situation, I am afraid. I assumed everyone read the information at the ordering page and understand that I may have to hold these until the two countries start accepting mail again, but that does not seem to be true.. I will be sending an email update this week.

Aus/NZ orders larger than $80 will be going via UPS next week. 

Edited by KursadA