Tamiya vs Hasegawa 1:48 BF 109E propeller

20 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Compare them to the Dragon kit in 1/32 scale, and both need work

gary

Doesn't really answer the OP's question, plus why should we assume the Dragon item is any more accurate?

Based on several photos in the In Action book, IMHO the Tamiya blades are much closer to the proper contour; the Hasegawa blades look really skinny.

8 hours ago, seawinder said:

Doesn't really answer the OP's question, plus why should we assume the Dragon item is any more accurate?

Based on several photos in the In Action book, IMHO the Tamiya blades are much closer to the proper contour; the Hasegawa blades look really skinny.

because the Dragon kit is well known to be the most accurate 109 for starters. Secondly no one ever complains about the props and spinners on the Dragon 109's because they're right from the box

14 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

because the Dragon kit is well known to be the most accurate 109 for starters. Secondly no one ever complains about the props and spinners on the Dragon 109's because they're right from the box

Thanks for that information, of which I wasn't aware since I don't build in 1/32. I still think Tamiya is much closer than Hasegawa based on the photos above compared to this one:

i-mrFvz52-L.jpg

Edited by seawinder
added photo
3 hours ago, seawinder said:

Thanks for that information, of which I wasn't aware since I don't build in 1/32. I still think Tamiya is much closer than Hasegawa based on the photos above compared to this one:

i-mrFvz52-L.jpg

you know I have a couple of the Tamiya kits laying around, but just never paid much attention to them to be honest with you. I bought the Dragon Wing Tec kit on a whim while roaming thru the hobby shop about 30 miles north of me. Got home and gave it a serious look thru, and jumped back in the car to get another one! I ended up with three (one was the Cyberhobby kit). Then picked up a Trumpeter E-7 kit later on. It was OK, but not in the same league with the Dragon kit. Got a couple other "E's" from two different manufacturers in 48th scale (Hasegawa was one and maybe Airfix). Just can't get into the Airfix kit as it doesn't inspire me. I'm not sure I've even unsealed the other kit.  Looking at you picture, I think the Hasegawa prop is a little anemic, and just possibly the Tamiya needs a very slight thinning down. Honestly the Zvezda prop on their F2 looks pretty close if memory is right.

gary

I just finished a Tamiya E-3 earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I'm not particularly a 109 nut. I've got a Hasegawa and an Airfix in the stash and will probably get to them at some point. I hadn't heard about the 1/48 Dragon kit. Doesn't appear to be widely available at this point, but looks quite interesting and promising.

6 hours ago, seawinder said:

I just finished a Tamiya E-3 earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I'm not particularly a 109 nut. I've got a Hasegawa and an Airfix in the stash and will probably get to them at some point. I hadn't heard about the 1/48 Dragon kit. Doesn't appear to be widely available at this point, but looks quite interesting and promising.

I meant 1/32 scale, and yes it's hard to get your hands on. Still at less than $50; it's a killer. I paid $44 for each of mine. Always wanted them to jump into the 109f category.

gary