LF 1:48 CF-100 resin cockpit set

FYI. I installed that Cockpit in my kit, my example showed up with some badly warped parts that I ended up having to do some scratch building for. The one big plus was the seats which are very good. If you can find just the seats go with those as once its closed up not much is visible. 

8 hours ago, RCNFAN said:

FYI. I installed that Cockpit in my kit, my example showed up with some badly warped parts that I ended up having to do some scratch building for. The one big plus was the seats which are very good. If you can find just the seats go with those as once its closed up not much is visible. 

Do the kit parts at least include a decent bulkhead between the front & rear cockpits? I haven't seen it yet since it is being shipped from O/S. 

Yes there is a decent blkhd between the two. For sure grab the cockpit if you can but it will be decent with the just the seats as well. I took a Mk V and back dated it to a 3D, and pretty happy with the way it turned out. Always thought they were they best looking Mk. I used to have a set of 1/48 scale drawings for the Mk 3 but for the life of me cant find them anywhere.  I have one more Clunk in the stash to do, pretty sure I won't be seeing Kitty Hawk release one to go along with my Voodoo. Cheers Ray

DSC01686.JPG

28 minutes ago, Tintriangle said:

No worries - resin wheels and vac canopy also available here by the same manufacturer: https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/mastercasters-1/IROQUOIS-MODELS-DETAIL-SETS/_i.html?_storecat=30538819014

Check the Bad Trader section for Jay Laverty / MasterCasters.  He has changed the name to Iroquois Models and there are many who have been burned.  I was tempted to order his products as I have a few  1/48th scale CF-100's to build but when I read his Bad Trader reviews I steered clear.  For your information...

1 hour ago, RCNFAN said:

Yes there is a decent blkhd between the two. For sure grab the cockpit if you can but it will be decent with the just the seats as well. I took a Mk V and back dated it to a 3D, and pretty happy with the way it turned out. Always thought they were they best looking Mk. I used to have a set of 1/48 scale drawings for the Mk 3 but for the life of me cant find them anywhere.  I have one more Clunk in the stash to do, pretty sure I won't be seeing Kitty Hawk release one to go along with my Voodoo. Cheers Ray

Ray, that's some impressive work! Especially the nose -- that must have been some challenging scratch work to undertake. It does look a bit tail-heavy though, would you recommend using a nose weight?

Edited by rcaf*100
1 hour ago, AX 365 said:

Check the Bad Trader section for Jay Laverty / MasterCasters.  He has changed the name to Iroquois Models and there are many who have been burned.  I was tempted to order his products as I have a few  1/48th scale CF-100's to build but when I read his Bad Trader reviews I steered clear.  For your information...

Sound advice 👍

Thanks, Yes on the nose weight. I turned a piece of hardwood on the lathe using a profile template then after attaching it  I used autobody filler to finish the profile  as it is more durable. I thought that would be enough weight up fwd but it turned out to be barely enough.