Shortage of future/pledge ?

Did anyone notice that it seems there is a national shortage of future/pledge floor gloss ? I had about less than a quarter of bottle left, enough for a canopy sit but I still use it for what it is supposed to, i.e floor finish. Now, it is out of stock on walmart amd homedepot, price also doubled if not tripled on amazon, ebay, etc. What is going on?

On 2/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, BraggPeak said:

Now, it is out of stock on walmart amd homedepot, price also doubled if not tripled on amazon, ebay, etc.

I have three brand new full bottles that I'm willing to sell for much less than Amazon and eBay.  Send me a PM if interested.

I bought a six pack of the Future bottles in 2014 from amazon. I think they were like $35 plus shipping to Norway. Mine came with a very sweet apple smell. A couple of the bottles were damaged due to the bottle caps breaking off from the poor design "open top" Pledge packs so they must have left an apple scent trail all across the Atlantic ocean, lol. Needless to say i still have a lot left and this future stuff really has got to be the most sought after stuff for modelers living in countries where you can not buy this product. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, breadneck said:

I bought a six pack of the Future bottles in 2014 from amazon.

I believe MY2014 was still a good model year for Future.  Finally have some extra time to test four different versions.

future_bottles.jpg

From left to right:  Original Future 1993, Original Future 2000, Pledge with Future Shine 2008, Pledge Revive It 2021.

I got four plastic spoons sprayed with two coats of Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black, let dry for 24 hours, then sprayed with three coats of Future straight from each bottle:  light first coat, wait 5 minutes, medium second coat, wait 5 minutes, wet final coat.  All sprayed from the same day.

spoons_01.jpg

spoons_02.jpg

• The original Future from 1993 gives the smoothest finish and the best gloss, even only after two coats.
  • The Future from 2000 is roughly the same as the original.
  • Pledge with Future Shine from 2008 shows some degradation as it is not as glossy as the the two original, but not too bad.
  • The current Pledge Revive It is noticeably thicker than the others, so I had to bump up my air pressure by 2 psi to spray it straight from the bottle.  It dries patchy in a few spots to a more satin finish.  The finish is not as smooth as the other three.

For whatever it's worth, I was a longtime user of this stuff but was never 100% pleased with it.   A while back I tried Tamiya X-22.  This stuff is amazing.   Never going back to Future.   I'd highly recommend you folks give it a try.