B-52D flap colours...

Ok, I've figured out that the flap bays are chromate green or yellow, and the underside of the flaps are black, but what about the top of the flaps, the bit that's hidden under the wing when retracted? Is it zinc green/yellow or does the upper wing camo carry over onto it?

B-52D RoG kit oob scheme, "Orlando where the action is "

Cheers, Roy

I just checked some of my old photos of our "D" models taking off for a strike and the tail end of the flaps are comoflaged like the rest of the aircraft.

Don't forget that there was a change in the colors for the B-52D.  One of the greens were changed I think to a S.A.C. color.  Also the black was usually at least a semi gloss on the sides and glossy on the bottom because of the sun exposure.  Maintennance tried to keep the colors looking as good as they could but with the schedule these were flying, it was not very often one would hit the wash rack for corrosion control.

When the "G" model showed up they retained their original S.A.C. colors.

I'd post a couple pictures but something's changed and I don't know how to fix the problem.

Thanks, i know the trailing edge of the flaps that form part of the upper wing surface when retracted are camo. My question was the upper flap surface normally covered by the wing when retracted. That photo confirms it. 

Cheers