first time with airbrush

1 minute ago, Napalmakita said:

First question is when did it happen?  While brushing would be a huge clue.  Could be paint drying before it hits the surface but looks like dust/lint too.  I always use a fan brush or heavy, soft 1 inch brush to dust off my models between coats and ive started making dust covers out of the plastic sprue bags.  Still have the occasional dust bunny but not as much.  Also, wiping with coffee filters instead of paper towels helps.  

That was while i was airbrushing. I mean before i sprayed the color i didnt noticed anything like this but as soon as i started applying color it was very noticeable so i am trying to figure out if this is paint. I did cleaned the model using a tissue with some alcohol so i am wondering if that could had left any fibers there.

1 minute ago, dimi said:

That was while i was airbrushing. I mean before i sprayed the color i didnt noticed anything like this but as soon as i started applying color it was very noticeable so i am trying to figure out if this is paint. I did cleaned the model using a tissue with some alcohol so i am wondering if that could had left any fibers there.

Looks like lint from a paper towel.  If so, dip your finger in a little water if everything is dry n it should come off

12 minutes ago, dimi said:

I did cleaned the model using a tissue with some alcohol so i am wondering if that could had left any fibers there.

Based on my initial learning experiences in 1980s, that's your answer right there.
Tissues, and paper towels, are notorious lint-depositors.

In the future try lint-free cloths found in either the automotive care section or the eyeglasses care sections of stores.

12 minutes ago, Chris L said:

To me , it looks like fibers came off the tissue .

Cheers, Christian

11 minutes ago, Napalmakita said:

Looks like lint from a paper towel.  If so, dip your finger in a little water if everything is dry n it should come off

Yup ... you are both right, it started coming off while rubbing it with wet finger.

1 minute ago, southwestforests said:

Based on my initial learning experiences in 1980s, that's your answer right there.
Tissues, and paper towels, are notorious lint-depositors.

In the future try lint-free cloths found in either the automotive care section or the eyeglasses care sections of stores.

yes i think i just learned my first lesson .... the hard way as usual

3 minutes ago, dimi said:

yes i think i just learned my first lesson .... the hard way as usual

Trial n error...and read some of the posts here even if it doesn't currently apply to your situation.  I use coffee filters now for everything from washing off dust, removing panel wash..even fine buffing.  I got the idea from someone here on a random post.  👍

5 minutes ago, Napalmakita said:

Trial n error...and read some of the posts here even if it doesn't currently apply to your situation.  I use coffee filters now for everything from washing off dust, removing panel wash..even fine buffing.  I got the idea from someone here on a random post.  👍

Coffee filters are already in my cart since you first mention it 😄

Edited by dimi