Eduard Spitfires...

I just ordered the Eduard 11146 1/48 Spitfire Mk. IIa/IIb "Spitfire Story: Tally Ho!" kit from Spruebrothers, with their Lightning Deal for $48.99, which appears to be a smoking deal, as I see almost everywhere is selling these in the $70+ range.  I've already gotten the Eduard Spitfire Mk. IIa kit, 82153, and was just curious if this single kit is the same model as that included in the Tally Ho double kit.  I'm guessing it is.  I suppose the adage the you can never have too many Spitfires has become true for me, as I will now have about 8 unbuilt Spits in my collection, on top of the 2 already in my display case.  There are sufficient markings to make them all interesting, though, I think, so it will be fun to see them all together when I get that far.  I'd been concerned about 'wasting' one if I wanted to build one in the very early 2 bladed propellor version, but now I'm not concerned at all with doing that!  Also, for the IIa kit, I bought the new Eduard SpACE extra (3DL48007) which I am guessing is Eduard's answer to the Quinta 3D type of decal thing.  It will be interesting to see how they compare to the Quinta, as the one Quinta set I've used so far (in a 1/48 IL-2) looked pretty fabulous.  

Nothing special to say other than babbling about all the new Spitfires.  I'm sure it's going to be fun doing all of them!

Edited by Curt B

Oh what a deal Curt!  I paid full price for my a Tally Ho boxing.  Although I haven’t built any of the new early Mk Spita from Eduard, they look every bit the part as their older brothers do in the box.  I just finished my third Eduard Spitfire Mk XVI and that kit just falls together...I expect the Mk I/IIs to do the same 😊

Cheers,

Steve

RY73aMM.jpg

11 hours ago, Falconxlvi said:

Oh what a deal Curt!  I paid full price for my a Tally Ho boxing.  Although I haven’t built any of the new early Mk Spita from Eduard, they look every bit the part as their older brothers do in the box.  I just finished my third Eduard Spitfire Mk XVI and that kit just falls together...I expect the Mk I/IIs to do the same 😊

Cheers,

Steve

RY73aMM.jpg

Hey Steve!!  Love your XVI !  I’m pretty sure I have the Eduard XVI in my stash, too.  My very, very first airplane since restarting the hobby 11+ years ago, now, was the Eduard VIII, and though I was terrified at the prospect (due to the need for perfect seams, etc.), that airplane went together perfectly, as your XVI did, and it was my first time using lacquer paints (Gunze lacquers) and I’d been thrilled with the whole thing, and that experience helped ease my anxiety over airplane models, though far from eliminating it!  As I’ve written before, the Tamiya Spit Mk. 1 went together really well, but the surfaced detail of the Eduard frankly is superior.  I should be jumping on these Eduard Spits, but oddly, I’ve gone a different path at the moment.  I’ve got to complete painting my Eduard Fw190 A-6 with checkerboard cowling, and I’ve started my 1/35 Meng T-90A tank model. Haven’t done armor for awhile, and just felt the need.  That, and getting all the necessary aftermarket stuff for some planes.  Just got the last of the aftermarket I wanted for my 1/48 Tamiya F-14D, and I think I’m all set on aftermarket for my ZM F-15Cs (2 of those) and the 15E we’ve discussed.  I need to get after those soonest!!  Good to hear from you, friend! 🙂

Edited by Curt B