Cold War/Sac B-52, B-29 Colors

Hello,

I'm just getting started back into modeling and I need some help on colors. I just purchased the Minicraft 1/144 B-52 D/E along with the Minicraft 1/144 B-29. I will paint the bottom of the B-52 gloss white, but I need a good silver color for the rest of it. I could use the same color for the B-29 and also for the Horizon 1/72 Convair Atlas I also have. I plan to use Tamiya or Vallejo acrylic paints.

I've searched this forum plus a couple others and came up with nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Don

Hi Don,

I recently tried Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver for the first time on an XB-35 and was pleased with it; I then used TS-30 Silver Leaf on a few panels for some subtle variations.  I haven't tried any Vallejo or other Tamiya metallic colors.

I hope you'll post some photos of your bombers as they progress!

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I'll be placing an order tomorrow for some supplies I need and I already put a can of AS-12 in my cart. The problem with rattle cans is I can only use them outside where I can use my airbrush indoors. Last night it got down to 15 degrees, but it should warm up next week.

Thanks again

Don