F-15 correct horizontal stabilizer for 1/48 GWH

9 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Not yet, I'm taking a small break after the SG development, which was quite intense 🙂

I will include these antennas in the F-15E update set which will be released soon (in the Revell version of the set only as both GWH and Academy have it)

I am super thrilled to hear you are doing an update set for the Revell kit!  It’s worthy, and in some ways I prefer it to the GWH F-15E (🤭)!   

Steve

The Revell kit is indeed a great cheaper alternative to the GWH kit, even though the GWH is awesome!

Which elements would you like to see in the upgrade kit? At the moment I have planned to include

• Updated (post 2014) instrument panels (same IPs as in the F-15SG)
  • Corrected spine end behind  the airbrake
  • Slanted antennae ahead of the front LGB
  • LAU-128 rails (for the Revell kit)
  • JHCMS MTU

Anything else missing to make a current F-15E?

Thanks,

Arnaud

1 hour ago, arnobiz said:

The Revell kit is indeed a great cheaper alternative to the GWH kit, even though the GWH is awesome!

Which elements would you like to see in the upgrade kit? At the moment I have planned to include

• JHCMS MTU

Thanks,

Arnaud

As for the GWH, I would like to see the 1)  updated UFC panels, 2) slanted antennas, 3)  correct stabilators, 4) small GPS antenna
There is a great post referring to a current F-15E here at ARC forums
This is especially for the Revell's Strike Eagle
Thanks, Antonis

Edited by Atsaousis
7 hours ago, arnobiz said:

We're good then 🙂

The stabilators will be released separately as they are not strictly necessary 😉

Timeframe for release?

In a month at most. I will not commit to anything before I'm ready to release, unfortunately some guys nearly harrassed me on the last pre-order because their stuff had not shipped 3 weeks after the announcement so I'm taking a more careful approach now. This will definitely be released soon but I'd like to keep it a hobby lol 😉

Arnaud

Edited by arnobiz
14 hours ago, arnobiz said:

In a month at most. I will not commit to anything before I'm ready to release, unfortunately some guys nearly harrassed me on the last pre-order because their stuff had not shipped 3 weeks after the announcement so I'm taking a more careful approach now. This will definitely be released soon but I'd like to keep it a hobby lol 😉

Arnaud

Awesome, thank you.

On 5/6/2021 at 11:38 AM, arnobiz said:

• JHCMS MTU

Thanks,

Arnaud

PM coming via Facebook Messenger- there are a few things  not listed here and the spine behind the air brake is something I’m not really sure sure changed from the Revell kit.   

Edited by Falconxlvi

This is good news; an update set for the Revell kit will be more than welcome.

May I also suggest parts for adding detail to the main wheels wells; even if the doors are closed, you should see more detail and part of the rear section; the kit offers only a featureless closed box.

Looking forward to your products.

Carlos

3 hours ago, arnobiz said:

Thanks Steve. The spine did not change, it's just slightly wrong in the Revell kit 😉

Where can I see your products?? 

John

Antonis, you mentionned the small GPS antenna as required for the GWH kit - as far as I can tell it is there, did you mean for the Revell kit (where it is indeed missing) or am I missing something?

20 minutes ago, arnobiz said:

Antonis, you mentionned the small GPS antenna as required for the GWH kit - as far as I can tell it is there, did you mean for the Revell kit (where it is indeed missing) or am I missing something?

Oops.... 
Arnaoud, it was my fault.....
You're not the one that missing something..... I am.....

• 4 months later...
On 3/9/2021 at 2:31 AM, arnobiz said:

Dear all,

I'm about to release a set of F-15C stabilizers to correct GWH's otherwise awesome 1/48 kit. The kit parts leading edges are very thick and correcting them manually is rather painful as it involves destroying quite a bit of details (Been there done that lol). Does the pattern look OK to you? Are panel lines or rivet lines missing?

A similar set for the F-15E/I will follow 😉

51018834756_d4ee9127af_z.jpg

Thanks a ton,

Arnaud

Hi Arnaud,

Just bringing this back into view as I'm interested in hearing if you are going to proceed with the corrected stabilizers? I have 3 GWH F-15C's in the stash which would benefit from this correction.

Cheers,

John 

On 5/6/2021 at 9:12 PM, Atsaousis said:

As for the GWH, I would like to see the 1)  updated UFC panels, 2) slanted antennas, 3)  correct stabilators, 4) small GPS antenna
There is a great post referring to a current F-15E here at ARC forums
This is especially for the Revell's Strike Eagle
Thanks, Antonis

HI Arnaud

Any update about these? 

I'm talking, especially, about GWH's 1/48 F-15E a) slanted antennas in front of the NLG (nose landing gear) Bay, and b) corrected stabs

Do you have any timetable of producing those? 

Thanks, Antonis 

Hello,

The horizontal stabs are still in progress as I'm lacking a couple of references to make them at the right level. I thus had to push them down the pipeline, which is pretty busy at the moment 😕

The good news is that I have identified a reliable source for the references I lack so it should not take too long before I can finalize them 🙂

Arnaud