1/35 Rhino Out of Box - this is a beast...

If it’s one thing I normally don’t associate my modelling interests with it’s 1/35 armour. I’m just not that big into armour that I want to spend the time and money on large-scale tank kits. Normally, I just get the COBI (Polish Lego) tanks and build them if I want a big tank. They’re fun and easy. I’m also not super-attached to or enthralled by any armoured vehicles. Well, okay, there are a couple, but they’re darned few

One, however, that I definitely have a thing for is the South African G6 Rhino SP Gun. I love things with six wheels, I love oddballs, and what is odder than the G6 in the world of armour? Not much. I’ve wanted a kit of the G6 for years, but nobody has made one. Well, not until recently. Then Takom (a brand I have no experience with) brought out its massive 1/35 Rhino. I wanted it. Badly. Me, the “not-a-tank-super-casual-Matchbox-armour builder” guy. I saw one, once, in a store, and gagged on the price. I thought it over and decided to take the leap, and of course, it was gone by then.

I did get a second chance, in the summer of 2019, and took it. I have to say, it’s not like anything I’ve experienced before and I think it’s going to be an interesting journey. If you’re curious about what this one is all about, you can check it out at the link below!

Wish me luck!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/takom-1-35-g6-rhino-oob/

g6-rhino-oob-002.jpg?w=450

Edited by Faust
  • 11 months later...