Early F-111s Sheet?

I don't have one; but I am definitely interested in doing one. It would be pretty easy to put together. Are there any interesting test jets that I can include, apart from the first few that are all similar? I thought about perhaps putting F-111B markings in there; not sure if there is a conversion set.

The 1/48th HobbyBoss F-111A kit did come with a grey/white option for 63-9770, the fifth prototype, which was used to test Vulcan 20-mm gun and the electronic warfare systems. I built the kit in these markings and it looks very impressive indeed. The kit decals were 'ok' but the Caracal option would have been far better and, if reproduced, I would definitely buy them to refresh the model and finish it properly. Several of the F-111A prototypes went on to become GF-111A ground training frames at Sheppard AFB, maybe they picked up some extra markings while they were there? F-111A 63-9771 and 63-9777 did wear a NASA yellow fin sash whilst at NASA Ames, they were unmodified unlike 63-9778 which had a supercritical wing. F-111A 63-9783 was in grey/white and was the chief FB-111A testbed, she wore a SAC sash just behind the rear cockpit.

Michael

22 hours ago, KursadA said:

I don't have one; but I am definitely interested in doing one. It would be pretty easy to put together. Are there any interesting test jets that I can include, apart from the first few that are all similar? I thought about perhaps putting F-111B markings in there; not sure if there is a conversion set.

Pete’s hanger did a conversion set in 1/48 for the F-111B. The early run came with decals, the later runs (like what I have) did not. I’d be interested in some overall grey markings and some F-111B markings.

ANY Grey/White early -A models would be appreciated. Also, as a thought, what about the FB prototype with the SAC sash (63-9783)? The Academy F-111C kit has the longer wings, and the TP1 intakes, don't know about the HB kits.