Hello guys!

Hope everyone is doing fine!

Anyone knows if the canadian mail is suffering delays or other problems this last few months? In december I bought some goodies from Ultracast and I haven't heard anything since December 23 when I was notify that my order was shipped. 

I live in Chile, but everything I buy from Canada and the United States I send it to an address I have in Miami. 

Can someone share some light on what can I do?

Thanks all!

Tato

Edited by Tato

Yes, for a few months the main mail sorting plant in Mississauga has had a massive Covid outbreak. Customs has not been in the plant either. Ultracast is out of Guelph Ontario so your mail would go through that plant. I have had magazines coming into Canada that are two and three months late.

I'm told that mail between the US and Canada is by air only, for some reason. I guess we wouldn't want to wear out that giant land border? With the huge reductions in cross-border air traffic, there are fewer means for the mail to get to destination, as well as increases in price. As a Canadian, I can't reasonably expect to buy anything other than decals or envelope sized things from the US right now.

Edited by Specter1075

I have had a few items from ultracast spend up to 2 weeks just sitting in Mississauga . the USPS is probably as messed up as Canada post when it comes to ports of entry. they might have to wait for space on a flight to the Miami processing centre rather than just getting it into the US system and going from there. and at the moment there are few flights to Miami from YYZ
for example ,Canada Post has EVERYTHING coming from Europe enter Canada at Mississauga then it is sent (usually by truck) out to the rest of Canada. so when you live say on the west coast of Canada it takes a while to get here, even though there is a very capable postal processing centre here.

Edited by dylan

Thanks guys for your kind answers. I did buy a lot from Ultracast last year and everything was fine, every single time. I was thinking this was something from not lo long ago.

Well, I hope all is well and things return to normal as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I will impatiently wait for my decals to arrive, so I can finish my F-84. 

Regards,

Tato

On 3/11/2021 at 4:31 PM, dylan said:

I have had a few items from ultracast spend up to 2 weeks just sitting in Mississauga . the USPS is probably as messed up as Canada post when it comes to ports of entry. they might have to wait for space on a flight to the Miami processing centre rather than just getting it into the US system and going from there. and at the moment there are few flights to Miami from YYZ
for example ,Canada Post has EVERYTHING coming from Europe enter Canada at Mississauga then it is sent (usually by truck) out to the rest of Canada. so when you live say on the west coast of Canada it takes a while to get here, even though there is a very capable postal processing centre here.

Actually you will find that Canada Post uses all sorts of transport. Surprisingly some of our airlines are still flying domestically and internationally as pure cargo flights, the airline I work for has actually removed pax seats and carry cargo on the main deck. In the beginning the priority was med supplies second priority went to mail. We are now pulling some owned 767-300 out of being parked and converting them to Total Cargo aircraft. 

Cheers

Emil