Gator grip versus Gorilla glue

I'm not 100% sure, maybe 85%, but I don't think Liquitex has the same holding power that Gator Glue does and is a little more "rubbery" once dried. As for Gorilla glue, I know there are several formulas and types of it out there but I know all of the white glues I've used from them do yellow quite a bit. Might be ok for something being painted but I don't think I'd use it to attach clear parts. At least not the formulations I've found. Just my opinion. IMHO Gator glue is the winner all around for gluing where CA may not be a good option and much better than any white glue I've tried. Liquitex is great for surface build up and bases etc...

My gator grip has gone mouldy (and quite smelly) which deters me from using it any more. I either need a fresh bottle or an alternative (it's not available in Ireland..)

23 hours ago, niart17 said:

IMHO Gator glue is the winner all around for gluing where CA may not be a good option and much better than any white glue I've tried.

Have you tried ZAP Formula 560 Canopy Glue?  It is super strong and dries clear.  I would argue that it's even stronger than Gator Glue.  I use it to glue canopy and ordnance onto scale aircraft models.  I also used it to glue canopies to my RC planes and so far haven't lost any canopy in flight.

Thank you Guys for the advice.

The Liquitex Gloss Medium Gel bond wasn't strong enough after testing so I will use it for surface buildup and bases, yes.

I bought a new flacon of Gator's Grip (australia)..shipping was ridiculous, well yeah. It is good stuff!

I already have the ZAP Formula 560. I was not aware one can glue PE with this?