18 hours ago, JohnEB said:

I built the Hasagawa "Egg Plane" version.

Given the design of the real aircraft, it looked like an accurate model!

I've often thought about using the egg kit as a base for a "proper" model! It's certainly available and cheap!

17 hours ago, JohnEB said:

K5054NZ...

There is also a pretty good Britians (sp?) die cast  (1/32-ish) you that might be useful. With a proper engine and detailing it would be quite nice.

A friend gave me his childhood one which survived *mumblemumble* years. I wish I'd had one as a kid, it's so cool! It's the sprayer variant which is what I'd want.

On 3/17/2021 at 9:47 PM, K5054NZ said:

A friend gave me his childhood one which survived *mumblemumble* years. I wish I'd had one as a kid, it's so cool! It's the sprayer variant which is what I'd want.

I have that one. I lost the spray booms and the rotor blades, but the rest survived my youth in the '70's. I also still have the yellow float equiped version, minus the floats and rotorblades that is.

Somehow the Britains model perfectly captures that typical insect like appearance of the Osage/ H300. I think it got me my soft spot for the H300, while most of the time having a preverence for the bigger (civil) helo's.

I built the 1/72 Special Hobby '300, but it stretched my meagre modelling skills to the limit. I just cannot wait for the new AMP kit. 

GeejayZ

In my last move a rotor blade broke on the Hughes. I found a guy in the UK who supplied spares, you might find him online. I took my floats off and just display it on the skids.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:57 AM, JohnEB said:

GeejayZ

In my last move a rotor blade broke on the Hughes. I found a guy in the UK who supplied spares, you might find him online. I took my floats off and just display it on the skids.

Thank you John, I will definitely contact this guy!