Academy 1/144 B-1B Georgia ANG

I just finished the Academy 1/144 B-1B. These are great kits and a fun build. I only replaced the nozzle from the kit with the KA Model ones. These are really nice and add a lot to the model. I also used the wonderful Caracal decals for the GA ANG with the 'The Last Laugh' nose art. These are beautifully printed and really show up well, even at 1/144 scale! The only other thing the kit is missing is the 6 pitot tubes on the nose. I just made some out of strip styrene and stretched sprues. 

20210316_160609.jpg

20210316_160630.jpg

20210316_160722.jpg

20210316_160749.jpg

20210316_160817.jpg

20 hours ago, Gator52 said:

Really a nice display, I might have to try something similar when I get to my Academy Bone-

Thanks for the photos

Chris

Thanks Chris! The base and mounting were easy, using the closed doors and just creating a mount against the back wall of the bomb bay and making a hole through the bay doors.

20210318_114112.jpg

20210318_114227.jpg

Edited by RCarlson
19 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

Very nice job ! I have those patches in my collection as well.

Steve

Thanks Steve! I got to see this jet up at the London Ontario Airshow. The Georgia folks always showed up and brought all the great patches to sell!

On 3/19/2021 at 11:28 AM, AlienFrogModeller said:

WOW very nice!

I might sell my 1/72 and get a more "move" friendly 1/144!!

Cheers

AFM

That is what is great about them. You can do multiple airframes and in a lot less time than the 1/72 kit.

That is a very fine looking model. I like the subtle panel differences - you've made it look both worn and neat at the same time.

Actually, I've seen a number of these kits built and they never look anything less than awesome. Makes me want to get one too.