Academy 1/144 B-1B 37th BS

This is the second Academy 1/144 B-1B I just completed. These are great kits and a fun build. I only replaced the nozzle from the kit with the KA Model ones. These are really nice and add a lot to the model. I also used the wonderful Caracal decals for the 37th BS with the 'Symphony of Destruction' nose art. These are beautifully printed and really show up well, even at 1/144 scale! The only other thing the kit is missing is the 6 pitot tubes on the nose. I just made some out of strip styrene and stretched sprues. 

20210316_161052.jpg

20210316_161146.jpg

20210316_161217.jpg

20210316_161252.jpg

20210316_161328.jpg

20210316_161430.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Carlson, I really like your renditions of the Academy B-1.  Both are just beautiful.  I especially like your rendition of the bombs and tank in the three open bays.  Both of your builds turned out waaaaay better than mine did.  I do have one more and hope to build it in 34th BS, 366th Wg markings. K/r, Dutch

20 hours ago, Dutch said:

Mr. Carlson, I really like your renditions of the Academy B-1.  Both are just beautiful.  I especially like your rendition of the bombs and tank in the three open bays.  Both of your builds turned out waaaaay better than mine did.  I do have one more and hope to build it in 34th BS, 366th Wg markings. K/r, Dutch

Thanks Dutch! I'm happy with the results, but if you get in close it's by no means perfect. 

That's  pretty nice!  It makes me look forward to the one in my pile.  Assuming I do as well as you did.  Which is assuming a lot......

Rick L. 

Edited by Spruemeister