Tamiya 1/32 spitfire fit issue

the cowlings never really fit the best on that but It should fit a bit better than that. have you tried to pry the edges out a bit as you push the upper one down? are you able to post some picture of the engine area with the cowlings off? it kind of looks like the side frames arent connected to the forward circular bulkhead. you can compare to my build below...

https://www.martinsammodels.com/Webpage/Pages/Models/Comission builds/Pages/Spitfire/Y2K/Finished/Pictures/011.jpg

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
  • 1 month later...

Mine didn't fit perfectly, but somewhat better than that. Trouble is Tamiya's kis are so well engineered fit wise, that anything just slightly misaligned will compound itself as you go along. What I can see in your pics is that the upper and lower cowl panels are not glued to the armour plate. I glued those two panels first and then worked on the two side panels. Make sure you didn't add any extra wiring or AM stuff on the engine or the frame work too. I added scratch built gaskets to the engine frames and that was enough to throw the panels off from fitting. I have yet to see a perfect fitting set of panels, and I have seen a lot of these kits. Even the real aircraft didn't have them fit perfectly, as can be observed through photos.

Good Luck.

Brad