Esci 1/48 S-3B VS-21

I've been finally getting around to taking photos of some of my completed kits and getting them posted. That being said, I may not exactly remember everything I did or added. I finished this S-3 at least 10 years ago. This is the Esci kit with the Pyn-up decals. I also used the Goffy Models cockpit and wheel well/bomb bay set. I think these are produced by Blackdog models now, but could be wrong. I also used the resin engine intakes that at the time were made from a guy on Ebay. I believe these were picked up by someone, but also can't remember.  I also used the Paragon wing folds.

Hope you enjoy and I will try to post more of my complete kits soon.

20210316_161758.jpg

20210316_161830.jpg

20210316_161838.jpg

20210316_161907.jpg

20210316_161927.jpg

20210316_161930.jpg

20210316_161953.jpg

20210316_162031.jpg

20210316_162053.jpg

20210316_161915.jpg

Edited by RCarlson
2 hours ago, janman said:

I really like it! I would expect an old ESCI kit has its challenges but it seems you've overcome them. 

The S-3 kit from ESCI was pretty straight forward. It went together well, it's lacking in some detail, but pretty easy to overcome. I have another one done that I did before this one and one more waiting to be finish hoping for some decals to be done for an airframe I want to do.

1 hour ago, ST0RM said:

Wow, not the usual grey Viking. Nice choice in schemes and subject. 

Well done!

Thanks Storm! I really liked this retirement scheme they did. The Viking community had some real nice paint jobs. Did you ever get to photograph many of them?

14 hours ago, RCarlson said:

Did you ever get to photograph many of them?

Unfortunately not. Closest I got to one, was flying under it enroute to Afghanistan. They were at 25k and headed to the ship. We passed them and continued the mission. 

• 3 months later...

Thanks to everyone who replied!  It gives me a bit more confidence that even I might be able to build this model correctly, and make it look pretty good!

You will enjoy it Curt. Like Steve said over in your thread, a little patients and some add on and these become really nice looking kits (the 2 he is doing look awesome!). The other plus side is there are a lot of nice decal options for them.

Ron

9 hours ago, RCarlson said:

You will enjoy it Curt. Like Steve said over in your thread, a little patients and some add on and these become really nice looking kits (the 2 he is doing look awesome!). The other plus side is there are a lot of nice decal options for them.

Ron

Oh, wow, now I'm embarrassed...somehow, I thought I WAS responding in my thread 😳  I am SUCH an idiot....sorry for being stupid in your thread, Ron.  But I appreciate you letting me know your thoughts.  I'm looking forward to getting my Viking! 

And, you have built a BEAUTIFUL AIRPLANE!!!!  I can only hope mine will end up 1/10 as good!

Edited by Curt B