AMT B-52G early version kit

For the late aft fuselage halves, you’ll need to remove the antenna fairings from both sides of the fin, as well as the wedge-shaped fairings on the aft fuselage. Also, remove the upper & lower “tree” antennas, and omit the two triangular “spade” antennas on the lower fuselage.  I think the structural reinforcing bands would need to go too. 

Chris

Edited by Gator52
13 hours ago, F4DPhantomII said:

Just got one off ebay. I want to do it as a natural metal early 60’s version with the Hound Dog missile. What conversion are needed to the rear fuselages to make it real? Mine came with late tail sections. Thanks.

If it has the late tail with the extension plug then just dont use the plug sections it tells you to.

I am assuming that it is the late version model kit as it came with the tail extension.

If so you would need to remove the evs, maybe remove the tail blisters, change the nose to the older shape and get the hound dog pylons and some hound dog missiles

A lot of folks responding here seem to have been confused by the OP's term "late tail sections."  There actually is only one aft fuselage/tail molding for the AMT B-52 family.  It represents the late-Cold War G/H with (most of) the various Phase VI ECM mods, including the ALQ-153 warning blisters on the upper part of the vertical tail.  The constant-section tail plug between the empennage and tail gun (part of Phase VI) is a separate two-part addition that can simply be omitted for earlier G/H models, but all the other "late tail" features will require mods to the plastic as @Gator52 noted.

The "early" G kit already includes AGM-28s and pylons, and the forward nose is a "pre-EVS" version, without the "gouges" molded into the late G and H kits for those features.

On 3/28/2021 at 7:34 PM, Quixote74 said:

A lot of folks responding here seem to have been confused by the OP's term "late tail sections."  There actually is only one aft fuselage/tail molding for the AMT B-52 family.  It represents the late-Cold War G/H with (most of) the various Phase VI ECM mods, including the ALQ-153 warning blisters on the upper part of the vertical tail.  The constant-section tail plug between the empennage and tail gun (part of Phase VI) is a separate two-part addition that can simply be omitted for earlier G/H models, but all the other "late tail" features will require mods to the plastic as @Gator52 noted.

The "early" G kit already includes AGM-28s and pylons, and the forward nose is a "pre-EVS" version, without the "gouges" molded into the late G and H kits for those features.

I said that In my first reply.