F-4E (late) Slat Conversion Set (for Zoukei Mura)

Hi,

I wanted to take the opportunity and introduce my latest product, a slat wing conversion set for the Zoukei Mura F-4E hard wing kit. Yes, I do know that ZM have announced a slat wing kit down the line and we expect to see an F-4G at some point this year. However, this set is for those who can't wait to make a slat wing F-4E from ZM's really nice kit NOW and also does the set offer perhaps a little bit of extra detail over what will be eventually available out of the box.

Further, the set has been developed as the basis for two Hellenic Air Force F-4E conversion sets, a "classic" HAF F-4E and the contemporary F-4E AUP. Both of those sets are currently in the works and will eventually be released under the "Zeus Project" label (decals as well), available from The48ers.com .

The Hypersonic Models set is available now: https://www.hypersonicmodels.com/product/f-4e-late-slat-conversion

It contains new resin outer wings (cast in hard resin to prevent warping and bending), inner wing slat inserts (drops into the leading edge flap gap), TISEO, ARN-101, strike cams, all relevant WSO cockpit instrument upgrades, vinyl belly/wing reinforcement strap, vinyl slime lights and masks.

Some pics:

F-4E%20Slat%20Set.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20Detail%20parts.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20Outer%20Wing%20Top.jpg

F-4E%20Slat%20Insert%20bottom.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20ARN-101.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20Cam1.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20TISEO3.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20Pit2.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20Pit4.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20Strap%20Centre.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20Strap%20Outer.jpg

F-4E%20Slats%20Slime1.jpg

Thanks a lot!!

Jeffrey

1 hour ago, Niels said:

Nice! 

Will the Greek AUP conversion set also be made available for the Hasegawa kit(s)? Not all of us fancy the ZM Kit 😉

Not this set. Most of the parts are specifically designed as drop-in replacements for ZM parts and the cockpit in particular is very different. I may look into adapting the parts to fit Hasegawa kits for a separate set, but it won't make sense to sell the ZM set for Hasegawa.

Exquisite work...and a very reasonable price point. I'm eager to see the late series releases from Zoukei; but it's hard to imagine their efforts being any better than this!

Edited by RichB63
9 hours ago, GeneK said:

FYI for Jeffrey - The Deluxe (riveted) Belly Strap option is not available on the website (doesn't allow a selection of quantity).

Gene K

Many thanks, yes those I had ready sold out quickly again.

They are made and available in very small quantities only. I'm currently preparing a few more but those will be the last of the current production run. Demand will determine if I have more Deluxe straps made.

Cheers,

J

On 3/27/2021 at 2:34 PM, 11bee said:

Very nice work, if it’s as good as the early bits from Jeffrey, they will be flawless.   

Got mine this morning, and YES(!), the pieces are as good as all the items Hypersonic produces -- flawless. The comprehensive and professionally produced instruction sheets perfectly compliment the pieces, and extensive, detailed research is obvious.

Also ... the packaging is equally impressive - sturdy on the outside, softly cushioned on the inside. 

OK, I'm out of superlatives. :thumbsup2:

Gene K

Edited by GeneK
7 hours ago, GeneK said:

Got mine this morning, and YES(!), the pieces are as good as all the items Hypersonic produces -- flawless. The comprehensive and professionally produced instruction sheets perfectly compliment the pieces, and extensive, detailed research is obvious.

Also ... the packaging is equally impressive - sturdy on the outside, softly cushioned on the inside. 

OK, I'm out of superlatives. :thumbsup2:

Gene K

Hello Gene,

thank you for the praise, much appreciated!! I'm glad the set arrived safe and sound.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

15 hours ago, IAGeezer said:

Mine arrived today, and, Ditto what Gene said. Thank you Jeffrey!!

I've been wanting a quality set like this also in 1/72 for a long time ... but 1/72 evidently doesn't sell well.:crying:

Gene K

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I stuffed up!! My apologies, but I made a mistake on the ARN-101 part (R 3) contained in the set. It's undersized. I focussed only on correlating surface detail seen in photos with that on the ZM spine part, but didn't look at larger points of reference. As ZM has some detail too far forward my ARN-101 pod became too short. I should have noticed this but didn't :doh:.

I've designed a new part, printed and moulded it and I'm casting parts in quantity.

Here's a comparison between the old and new parts:

Old%20New%20ARN-101.jpg

Here it is installed:

New%20ARN-101.jpg

New%20ARN-101%20inst.jpg

These two rows of rivets need to move aft on the kit and that got me confused:

New%20ARN-101%20ann.jpg

So - all new F-4E sets sold from now on will have the revised part in it. But everyone who bought the set already has a chance to get it as well.

If you place a new order please send me a notification/reminder that you bought the slat set previously and I'll put one new part for every purchased sets into your new order free of charge.

If you have no intention of placing a new order please contact me as well - my plan is to send out the part via airmail letter. However, I won't be able to shoulder p&p for every customer so I would like to ask you to contribute ¥200, via PayPal. I think I can send perhaps 4 parts per letter, letter postage seems to be the same to pretty much everywhere.

My retail partners such as The48ers, F4dable Models and BNA Modelworld will receive batches of parts for their customers as well.

Apologies for all that hassle - but stuff happens sometimes.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

• 1 year later...

Would the recently released ZM 'G' be a better base to start from when building a AUP phantom with this conversion?  Local shop has the G, but early E is sold out everywhere.  Is the early E still preferable?

14 hours ago, jrasia said:

Would the recently released ZM 'G' be a better base to start from when building a AUP phantom with this conversion?  Local shop has the G, but early E is sold out everywhere.  Is the early E still preferable?

You’d be better off starting with an E. I don’t think the G kit has everything you’ll need to build an E, such as the gun muzzle parts, correct fin cap, and F-4E instrument panels, among other things. At this point, your best options would be to either get the Meng slatted F-4E when it hits the vendors in a few weeks or wait for Z-M’s slatted E to be released someday. Or get the old Hasegawa F-4E and add a couple of kilos of aftermarket parts to bring it up closer to these newer kits.

Ben

16 hours ago, jrasia said:

https://the48ers.com/f-4e-haf-aup-avionics-upgrade-program-conversion-set-limited-production-set.html 

On 11/26/2022 at 10:06 AM, jrasia said:

Depending on where you are ordering from Japan could be attractive due to the low Yen exchange rate. Without tax, the F-4E is JPY 7500 + shipping (not sure what ZM charge but I guess somewhere between 3000 and 4000 for EMS shipping).

J