1/48 Hasegawa A-4K Skyhawk

Finally finished my A-4K . It's depicted as NZ6201 from No 75 Squadron RNZAF when it was passing through HMAS Albatross, NSW. Australia  in 1993.  At that time I was working on No 2. Sqn  RNZAF and we (for reasons I can't remember) referred to 75 Sqn as the gumboot squadron.  75 Sqn's aircraft had stopped at Nowra for fuel on the way back to New Zealand.  Whilst they were there some mates and I took the opportunity to alter the Squadron crest on a number of the aircraft.

I tried to add a lot of the little details that were specific to the A-4K and I'm pretty happy with how that worked out. That said there are plenty of things I wish I'd done better. Anyway enough waffling here's some images. There are more images and details at my blog

A-4K-NZ6201-01.jpg

A-4K-NZ6201-02.jpg

A-4K-NZ6201-17.jpg

A-4K-NZ6201-14.jpg

A-4K-NZ6201-09.jpg

A-4K-NZ6201-19.jpg

Brilliant work!  Your models are always beautifully executed.  How does Gaianotes gloss clear compare to other clear coats?   I think I may have to switch from Future.  I've had some instances where the Daco decal solution ate right through it.  

6 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Brilliant work!  Your models are always beautifully executed.  How does Gaianotes gloss clear compare to other clear coats?   I think I may have to switch from Future.  I've had some instances where the Daco decal solution ate right through it.  

I never really had any luck with Future.. I tried it and gave up using it years ago.

Gaianotes is an excellent gloss coat, very hard wearing and imperious to any oil or enamel product. Mr like the Mr Color clears which I also like. It does stink though so a mask is a good idea for long spraying sessions 

15 hours ago, Jay Chladek said:

Beatiful! Did you do anything special to represent the unique HUD these Kiwi Skyhawks carried in the cockpit? That is one of the few stopping points I ran into with my research gathering to do one of these.

I cheated and used a HUD cover which was always fitted on the ground unless testing or the pilots were about to go flying .

There are plenty of images in the Skyhawk articles on my blog that show the HUD and instrument panel of the  aircraft