Hi there,

This is my recent project, a nice Airfix kit. Not my usual scale, but this bird in 1/48 just won’t fit my space here. 

Except Eduard Masks, a must for all these clear parts, everything else OOB. 

Fitting is nice in general, except for the clear parts that build into the tail gun structure being too narrow for the fuselage, which causes a step. Also, after glueing the fuselage halves, I ended up with a gap right in front of the windshield. Despite this, the clear part for the “canopy” structure fitted well with the gap. So, instead of forcing the halves to join, I just put some additional plastic between them and the result was fine.

Decals a little bit too thick, but with the help of Mr Setter, went really well. 

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0764.jpg

IMG_0765.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

This is, and has been one of my all-time favorite aircraft.  I think that when I was a kid, there was a TV show called 12 O'Clock High that I would watch, and the airplane just stuck with me.  You did a great job with the NMF, and it looks the part that it played.  

My opinion is a job well done.

David

Edited by David C Moore
Sp.
2 hours ago, David C Moore said:

This is, and has been one of my all-time favorite aircraft.  I think that when I was a kid, there was a TV show called 12 O'Clock High that I would watch, and the airplane just stuck with me.  You did a great job with the NMF, and it looks the part that it played.  

My opinion is a job well done.

David

Thank you!

George Guimaraes,

Very nicely built.
Attractive paint job. Nice work on the different metal shades of paint used on your build.

Its not over weathered and looks the part.

Take care and have a safe Easter weekend,

Mr. Happy