Jump to content

Build Log: 1/32 UH-34D Conversion

Recommended Posts

I am calling this one done. I built the main and tail rotors. Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pics before painting them. They each had a bunch of plastic, resin, and PE parts.




I washed the whole thing with a couple coats of dirty brown and black acrylic colors. Then picked out some selected parts for a dirt-colored drybrushing.


Here it is.





I added Dragon Vietnam Helo crew figures with their torsos swapped out with the correct USMC flak vests. I also swapped their heads out with some resin ones from Verlinden helo pilots. I also added PE boom mikes to them. I used Quinta 3-D/resin seat belt decals for a 1/32 B-17 on them as well.




It actually is still waiting on one part. Did anyone catch it? I am still waiting on the 3D printed exhaust parts from Adriatic Models out of Italy. They will be slid into place once I receive them.

Edited by HeavyArty
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

OK, so it is really finally done now. I received the exhaust parts from Adriatic Models, which are very nice. They were originally shipped from Italy on Dec 13, and I just got the small padded envelope yesterday. Man, international shipping is hosed right now.


The actual exhausts.


The parts I needed were mainly the tips for the exhausts which have a double pipe (inner and outer). I added the flat clamps and bolts from wine bottle foil and 1/35 bolt heads.


I think they came out looking great.



Edited by HeavyArty
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...