GWH 1/72 F-15C MISIP II 3D Printed "Seamless Intakes"

7 minutes ago, Dutch said:

With all this extra 3D plastic in the tail, don't forget to add extra weight to the nose to keep her level!

Yeap that's already accounted for... In fact I may "open up" some of the panel in the front to display all those black boxes 👍🏻

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Major Walt said:

How do you get the measurements for the parts so exact? 

I'll typically start by taking reference measurements with a digital caliper of the plastic model/part I want to modify. Then I'll take high quality photos of the model/part in the multiple dimensional plains I need and canvas those into Fusion 360. Then I use the measurements to "calibrate" the size of the photos within Fusion so that they both match. That gives me a sort of "constrained space" I can work within to create whatever custom parts/mods I so desire. Then its just a matter of stacking up in reference photos of the real thing and work the proportions so that they look right within the constrained space. Course theres also a lot of "hit and miss" and continued "tinkering" with the dimensions until it all fits. 

In the end the great thing about this technology is the fact that once you get all the work done just right you can then replicate it as many times as you need with no loss of accuracy. 

5 hours ago, hemspilot said:

Congratulations on your fantastic work, I am learning a lot from you.

Are you planning to make those extended intakes available for sale, the Hasegawa kit is in bad need of some.

Thank you for the support. In answer to your question, yes I am considering making these available for sale including a version for the Hasegawa kit which I also have in my stash. So stay tuned for more to come!

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2021 at 4:09 AM, tomdelis said:

great work there. i would be very curious to see how they take paint !

Thank you!

This resin is very similar to traditional polyurethane resin so I don't expect any issues with the painting. We shall see.  

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...