how do you remove a decal ?

to my amazement after applying gloss on a surface the shape of a square sticky tape appeared on a decal ?! how do i remove that extra tape on top ? if cannot then how to remove the whole decal ? its a white racing roundel . is applying solva set or similar the best solution ?

Edited by Dog1

If gloss has been applied over the decal, you have to remove the gloss before you can get to the decal. If the decal hasn’t been covered, you can usually lift it off with tape rubbed over the decal, pulled off and repeated until the decal is gone.

On 4/2/2021 at 3:40 PM, RichardL said:

You might be able to lift off the decal without removing the gloss coat if you use strong sticky tape.  Give that a try first because I've done that several times by accident.

Duct tape may be your answer for this. Or strong surgical tape. 

I used to think that gloss-coated decals are like permanently encased in solid glass but the gloss coat is really very thin and the area only has the strength of the decal adhesive grabbing onto the surface and can usually still be pulled out with tape as described above.