Bad "seller" alert: ARC user name 'Jeffmass'

MODS-

Howdy, all....

Bad seller on this forum as well as others. Used the ARC user name: 'Jeffmass'

contacted me here via PM using that name.  Told me, "Kindly contact hope in Louisiana ,he has 1/48 Hasegawa A-4B Skyhawk + Eduard Zoom #FE472 Painted Cockpit etch for sale in good condition

Here’s his email hopemoore01@hotmail.com (same scammer). Also used email (said it's his wife): elizabeth.hope52@icloud.com... Sign up here was approved & he answered my as post just two days ago. 

This guy (or gal) took me for $100 (totally my fault dumb move) yesterday reference my want ad here for the 1/48 Hasegawa A-4B Skyhawk + Eduard PE Zoom set. I know it's only been a little over a day, but I did more looking a few hours ago after he stopped comms with me. He said he has no PayPal account (red flag but I didn't act) & would accept Zelle or Apple Pay. I thought this to be suspicious because I always use PayPal. Well, like an idiot I sent him/her Apple Pay payment. I just learned the more from the first two results from Google search, just two websites so far into the invest with some relevant info so y'all don't get taken in the future & the MODS can flag him/her: 

Metal Detecting Forums:

"I just wanted to let you know that there's a scammer working the forum classifieds. I did a search and he showing up over at FindMall as well. Here's all the information I have so far. His PayPal address tries to convert the funds to Euros, his phone number is listed in Texas, but he said he's out of Louisiana. Shasta Osbey....shonaosbeyvon@hotmail.com......ph#409-666-2877....PayPal addy...mkoiu88888@outlook.com....Forum user name on Detector Prospector forum...Jonasm. I believe he's in the UK because in one of his texts he used the salutation good morning mate.
From Findmall...Osbey Shasta / Osbey Moore and several other alias names
Address: 23322 sawmill pass spring Texas 77373....
His name is Brian Adams and girlfriends name is Desiree Osbey his phone number is 334-472-4768"

Fountain Pen Geeks:

"...I do have the email address that we used shasta osbey <shonaosbeyvon@hotmail.com> and they phone number 1(409)666-2877 as well as their zelle account info Eric @ erichey007@gmail.com"

Thanks and I hope I did not violate any posting regs for this particular page. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns

Glad I could tamely get the warning out & prevent a y’all from getting taken But he’s still contacting members? I emailed site ownership letting them know about this creep & they haven’t put the ban hammer down on this guy yet??? Someone is bound to get scammed again if they don’t check this forum. Stay alert, gents. Take care. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

8 minutes ago, Gunny said:

Glad I could tamely get the warning out & prevent a y’all from getting taken But he’s still contacting members? I emailed site ownership letting them know about this creep & they haven’t put the ban hammer down on this guy yet??? Someone is bound to get scammed again if they don’t check this forum. Stay alert, gents. Take care. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

well you did your best, and that's what counts in my book

gary

1 hour ago, Gunny said:

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

Unfortunately, my friend had left his email address as a point of contact, and was contacted that way. Good thing he already got the kit he was looking for, and didn't need another one.

Larry

Master Guns,

I received a PM from JeffMass on 31 Mar saying to contact Hope Moore via email [hopemoore01@hotmail.com] for my recently posted decal want on ARC Forum. When I sent an email to Mr. Moore, he asked $30 plus shipping for a 30+ year old Microscale decal.  I declined.  He responded by asking how much I would be willing to pay.  When I asked for a photo of the decal to verify condition, he said sure, but never responded.  This all happened last week, 31 Mar - 2 April.  No harm, no foul, but just thought I would add ammo to the belt.  I did find the decal for less than $10 on ebay a couple days later.  😎  Sorry that you got taken by the guy.  Caveat emptor!  

K/r,

Dutch  

Edited by Dutch

Yeah. I usually do the same thing first as well. My thirst for this kit got in the way of my better judgement. I allowed myself to compromise my own 110% use of common sense way of dealing with people as well as in other facets of life.  I take %100 responsibility for falling for this creep's offer. I'm  thrashing myself for being so stupid when I knew better & should have done my usual invest before committing to buy something. This is what happens when I drive forward without agreeing to use PayPal. However, such is life. We all get scammed at some point, some way, some how, but it doesn't make it ok to victimize another person. In any case this is behind me. The bank gave me my money back. I just pray that none of the rest of you take the L when dealing with this guy. I need to check with a mod to see if they'll ban this guy from this site. Take it easy, gents.

Semper Fi,

Masterguns

I would guess the owner of the site, Steve , and no to AR15. I was a field medic, never much into bang sticks. Couldn't own one if I wanted too......in Canada.

Retired Company Sergeant Major, but ranked WAY lower then my position (Sgt) only 12 years, but 31 in prisons.

Edited by phantom

Exactly what is the site owner’s email? Apparently the email I used was incorrect since this bag nasty is still scamming good folks on this site & for some reason has yet to be banned. This p....y is still checking these posts & prolly getting a good laugh that’s he’s still allowed to troll. SMDH. Not cool. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

1 minute ago, juanchopancho said:

At the very bottom of this forum you can see the Contact Us link, should go to whoever the forum moderator is.

I already sent a message, this is the users profile that should be banned

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/profile/63917-jeffmass/

I did this last week. Got a reply from a very nice mod but he said on Steve Bamford? had authority to ban apparently. The very first email I sent when this happened to me was the email at the top of the home page I assumed went to Steve, so I’m not sure. Let’s hope for the best. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

• 1 year later...

I typed a search for "Osbey" in the forum search and this string came up. I'm currently in communication with a "Rebek osbey". I'm a little concerned because they supposedly have a 1/32 Fisher F9F-5 but they are only asking $120 for it. That's $75 less than the price originally and it is supposedly in good shape. The pictures provided don't show anything wrong with the kit. Anyway, I was pointed to this person by a new member. They PM'd me saying, "Rebek would be a good option,contact him via osbrebek@outlook. com .He has a 1/32 F9F Panther he wants to part with." 

I know I'm new to this forum but jsut seems suspicious.

Any ideas or advice?

1 hour ago, WarLycan said:

I typed a search for "Osbey" in the forum search and this string came up. I'm currently in communication with a "Rebek osbey". I'm a little concerned because they supposedly have a 1/32 Fisher F9F-5 but they are only asking $120 for it. That's $75 less than the price originally and it is supposedly in good shape. The pictures provided don't show anything wrong with the kit. Anyway, I was pointed to this person by a new member. They PM'd me saying, "Rebek would be a good option,contact him via osbrebek@outlook. com .He has a 1/32 F9F Panther he wants to part with." 

I know I'm new to this forum but jsut seems suspicious.

Any ideas or advice?

it’s a well established scam tactic & huge red flag on these types of forums that when a “new” member contacts you asking that you contact so and so about your wants that it’s either the same scammer or one of their partners to get you to think there is a good or better deal to be had somewhere else.

Report them immediately & do not send money! I reported them to admin last year but apparently the site owner didn’t hear action if they are still trolling these boards. They remained here even right after they were reported & continued to scam fellow modelers. FWIW. 

They usually will ask you to send them payment via Zelle or Apple Pay because you will not be able to get your money back from your bank. Or most banks, anyway. If they refuse to offer PayPal for electronic funds transfer the run away. I know a lot of folks don’t  Do not send a check either, but they likely won’t ask for one. Just in case.

They prey off of the desire that you put in your ad for whatever you want. Especially if it’s rare. If the deal is too good to be true then it’s usually is. Scammers are on every site & it doesn’t matter if you’re new to this one or not. Stop all comm with them now & look elsewhere.  Take care & let us know what happens. 

Semper Fi,

Masterguns 

Thanks!

I looked at the pictures they sent me and asked them to confirm that they are of the actual kit. I know they are not because they are from the ipmsusa.org website.

By the way, the "New" user that pointed me there is "brownorch".

Thanks again!

6 hours ago, WarLycan said:

Thanks!

I looked at the pictures they sent me and asked them to confirm that they are of the actual kit. I know they are not because they are from the ipmsusa.org website.

By the way, the "New" user that pointed me there is "brownorch".

Thanks again!

Same scenario for me, but I already got what I needed.