1/48 Bearcat kit help

Folks, if any one of you have the Academy/Hobbycraft or the older Hawk/Testors Bearcat kits, can you please send me a quick cellphone image of the fuselage half with a dimensional reference (i.e. ruler, US quarter etc.)? 

Something like this example will work perfectly.

I just want to compare it to the Hobby Boss kit, which I believe has a seriously undersized tail - to the extent that I will need to provide two sets of tail markings for many schemes.

Edited by KursadA

Thanks! It looks like the problem was not with the Hobby Boss F8F-1 kit, but rather with my knowledge of Bearcats. It looks like the later versions have a considerably larger tail; and the HB kit seems to be OK.

The best single reference, hands down, is the Ginter Naval Fighters volume.  I cannot recommend it enough.  FWIW I have an original Grumman stenciling diagram for the F8F.  I made a sheet for myself that I printed on my ALPS for my Denver NAS Reserve Bearcat.  I might be persuaded...

Well done Cameron!

A Bearcat sheet would be awesome Kursad!  I was just looking at my Bearcat kits the other day, contemplating a build.  Hopefully  references might be found for VF-32 birds that Jessie Brown might have flown.  Would go great with the upcoming movie Devotion (I’ve already built Tom Hudner’s Corsair.) 

Denver reserve would be great too!  🙂