Applying old Leading edge decals

I have issue with old .  I found Mr. Mark Softer and Setter. My problem is that decal broke as soon as I put in warm water.  What is the best coatings for this specific brand?

I have tried Future/Pledge acrylic but not happy with the results

On 4/7/2021 at 10:39 AM, laquille said:

I have issue with old .  I found Mr. Mark Softer and Setter. My problem is that decal broke as soon as I put in warm water.  What is the best coatings for this specific brand?

I have tried Future/Pledge acrylic but not happy with the results

Which set number are you using?

Cheers

AFM

13 hours ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

Which set number are you using?

Cheers

AFM

I have 72.39 AETE Hornet, some decals are destroyed so I ordered another sheet on E-Bay. I will wait until I am sure it will be the best technique.   I also have 72.82 Buffalo Airways DC-3 that I want to build.

20 minutes ago, laquille said:

I have 72.39 AETE Hornet, some decals are destroyed so I ordered another sheet on E-Bay. I will wait until I am sure it will be the best technique.   I also have 72.82 Buffalo Airways DC-3 that I want to build.

Ahh yes, I have spare sets you can have as well if you want. just need an address.

The red during that time of is print was very very brittle. I would use a decal softener, a few drops, prior to soaking them in water. however i dont place my decals in water like most people, I only use a few drops of water on the cutting mat on the decal I am using. Placing the drops on he matt, then placing the decal on the water then adding a couple more drops as required. placing a couple drops of softener MIGHT help the brittleness of the red decals (as well as any of the other decals). I would strongly suggest you try this process by trial and error on practice decals. I don't think any amount of clear will help. Just my experience with those decals from that time frame. 

Send me a PM, I send you a set of 72.39 AETE decals to practice with. I'll go confirm my stash first...

Cheers

AFM