Any tips for Cartograph decals

I'm about to do the gloss coating thing on my E-2C Hawkeye. After what seems to be months of refinement, I finally get to move forward. My big question is that are there any tips or tricks when laying down Fightertown Cartograph decals? Its a colourful piece, and I'd hate to stuff it up now. Do I trim close to the design with a scalpel, use a setting solution... My limited experience has been Tamiya and Hobby Boss decal sets.

I'd really appreciate any advice

Andy

Cartograph stuff is certainly much thinner than especially Tamiya decals. In my mind they seem to be delicate but always go on just nicely. In my experience they are very flexible and will adhere into recesses and panel lines like a dream. They are a certain kind of brand after all.

I'm one of those who will always trim as much as possible, just my thing. Not always though and they have still gone on perfectly. They also can take any solution, I've never had any problems. 

One of the best brands of decal out there! Very easy to work with, lay down beautifully, and as stated above, react well to solvents and setting solutions. I have used Solvaset (pretty strong stuff) on it, and no problems. Though, honestly, Cartograf decals rarely, if ever, need setting solutions to help them get into the panel lines. They are just that good and forgiving. Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Jamie Cheslo said:

They are just that good and forgiving. 

This really sums it up. They really are forgiving. I've had experinces where I've thought I have f***ed some larger decal really bad (wrong positioning etc.) and yet the decal has slid away nicely to a position it needed to be in. I've had the exact opposite happening with some other decals. True also that one does not necessarily need any solvents for sinking them into panel lines. I use it anyway cause Cartograph stuff can take it.