Looking for reference photos of Swedish RB 74 and RB 71.

I'm looking for reference photos showing "live" Swedish Air Force RB 74 and RB 71 carried by the JA-37 Viggen.  So far the only photo that I could find is this:

viggen_aa_load.jpg.26fd9ec8e1646798c3e4914b88178521.jpg

I am interested in the color bands around each missile but can't really see them on the picture above.  Does anyone have better pictures showing the side views?  Thanks.

Trying to wrap up my 1/48 JA-37.

Edited by RichardL
  • RichardL changed the title to Looking for reference photos of Swedish RB 74 and RB 71.
  • 4 months later...

The Rb71 is a Sky Flash, a British improved AIM-7 Sparrow. It looks pretty much like a AIM-7E2. White body with an off white seeker cone.

The fins have either the marking seen in the picture below or black circles on each side of the fins, both the rear fins and the forward fins.

tornad.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 5:41 PM, Aigore said:

The Rb71 is a Sky Flash, a British improved AIM-7 Sparrow. It looks pretty much like a AIM-7E2. White body with an off white seeker cone.

The fins have either the marking seen in the picture below or black circles on each side of the fins, both the rear fins and the forward fins.

Thanks.  I did also find some pictures on my end.  Below is my attempt:

missiles_01.jpg

missiles_02.jpg

I painted the cones on the Rb71 before seeing the picture you posted above, so they turned out just a little too dark.  Too late to fix them now.

On 11/28/2021 at 2:55 AM, Aigore said:

Only nitpick I have is that the belly brakes were bolted shut on JA....

Belly brakes are now bolted shut and the nose cones on the Rb 71 are resprayed in a lighter shade of gray:

missiles_03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's almost done.  The only thing missing is the 4-fin centerline drop tank, which I misplaced several months ago and can't seem to find it.  Still waiting for a piece of scale airfield tarmac before taking some outdoor pictures.

almost_done_01.jpg

almost_done_02.jpg