1/72 Welsh Models P-8A Poseidon in the markings of A47-007 of 11SQN, RAAF complete. The build consisted of scratch building the weapons bay, weapons mounting points on the wings and pylons, many of the ESM and AMS lumps and antennas. I also added various vent blow in doors and the sonobuoy tubes. I reshaped a lot of the kit supplied parts as well. Finally I added AGM-84 Harpoons from a Hasegawa weapons set and Mk48 Torpedoes from a Hasegawa P-3C Orion, they looked close enough to me to replicate the Mk54s the P-8 carries. Decals were from a custom sheet DekLs created by upsizing their 1/200 sheet and it was painted in mainly SMS lacquers. It is a bit rough in some parts but I have spent enough time on it and am calling it finished.

72_P-8A_11SQN_157

72_P-8A_11SQN_154

72_P-8A_11SQN_159

72_P-8A_11SQN_148

72_P-8A_11SQN_160

72_P-8A_11SQN_155

72_P-8A_11SQN_132

Edited by Trojan Thunder

Man, that is amazing.  I could never pull that off with a vacuform kit.  Well done.  Wish someone would release a 1/72 version.  The only path I see is for Airfix to do one in 1/72 since it is in RAF service.  Maybe BPK.  

Whoa! That's freaking awesome Ray!! You have my respect for the result you got from that vacform kit. As others have said before me, I  couldn't have pulled it off as nicely as that. Great subject matter too. Haven't seen a kit of that built before

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 12:27 AM, Just call me Ray said:

Great Googly Moogly, Other Ray, this thing must be huge!

Not as big as a E-3/B707 but almost, 55cm long with a 50cm span.

Here is it with a Hasegawa Orion

72_P-8A_11SQN_170

Edited by Trojan Thunder