Uploading photographs from Flickr?

Just tried to upload some photographs onto the site from my Flickr account using the BBCode facility, with no luck. Has this method been disabled as that's been the way I've always done it on here and other sites?

Okay, post the whole BBCode in the reply box. Then highlight and back space everything in front of the https: and every thing from the rear end up to the g in img.

I hope that makes sense. This forum started doing this a few months back for some reason.

Chris

11 minutes ago, scotthldr said:

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51111720546_ab09871177_z.jpg[/img]

Do I need to delete the [img] at the beginning and end of the link?

Delete the [img] one the left end and the ] on the right end.

Chris

Can't help you then. I just copy the BBCode from Flickr and paste it directly into the reply box. I then highlight the bits of the code I don't want and click Submit Reply.

img

Chris

That's what I used to do, although I had to leave the [img] at the beginning and end, and it worked fine.

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51111720546_ab0939ba74_b.jpg[/img]

I've just posted the above link on another two forums and it embeds itself no problems, I'm stumped.

Thanks for you help dogsbody

Edited by scotthldr

It's this forum. They're done something different that makes it harder to post images from an online hoster.

Have you tried using the built-in image poster at the bottom of the reply box? That still works.

Puddies.jpg

Hi Scott, I pasted your link and got the image to appear.     I did have to deal with that message at the bottom and clicked on "Paste as plain text".  And sometimes if the image doesn't appear straight away and stays as an underscored link you may have to hit enter.

img%5D

img%5D

Edited by crackerjazz

I've tried it on other forums and it works fine?

Always use Chrome for my internet needs, but I 've just tried MS Edge and the same thing happens.

Edited by scotthldr

Don't know what happened there but that image embedded, I'll try a few more. Fingers crossed.

img%5D

img%5D

Seems to be working now, paste as plain text, edit the link as described above and hit enter.

Thanks all for your help it's much appreciated